It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very Strange Coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Just looking over the Homeland Security Advisory System, I came across a strange coincidence of color similarities with NASA's Torino Impact Hazard Scale. I can't believe it took Tom Ridge so long to come up with the Security Advisory System and it ened up looking so similar.

www.dhs.gov...

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

In case anyone wants to know what NASA is doing about the threat of an object from space, here is a very good article...

Astronauts Rusty Schweickart and Ed Lu on deflecting an NEA

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 6-6-2004 by energy_wave]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Thanks EW, a good read! This AB stuff sure has me watching and waiting which isn't all bad I suppose. I guess if and when the June dates come I'll either fully relax or dood-dood my pants.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well, the NASA chart doesn't have blue and the green follows the yellow directly, while in the Homeland Security system the yellow is followed by blue. It is a simple coincidence in my opinion, caused by two different groups using the same standard color spectrum.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
AGGHHGGH ours is better. lol

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

True, ours is better..

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Kano]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think it's simply a matter of not having enough crayons....or marbles

jra

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Red is always or at least usually associated with things that are ment to get your attention especialy when related to dangerous things. It is also the colour that symbolizes anger as shown by these emoticons:
. It's also the most powerful colour in the visible colour spectrum. The rest of the colours just follow in the logical pattern more or less, thus I see no coincidence.

It would be very inappropriate to have a system that would go: Red, blue, yellow, violet, orange. It's just not right. You will notice that when things are organized by colour for organization or for alarm charts or whatever, they all tend to follow the ROYGBIV pattern more or less.

As for Tom Ridge taking time to develop the Security Advisory System, well maybe it had more to do with figurring out how many levels of alerts one wants, the wording for each of them etc. Then again maybe he's really bad with colours. The Green and Blue are out of order after all. Though i'm sure it was on purpose when you relate it to a traffic lights, with Red on the top, Yellow in the middle and Green on the bottom.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ditto, it's just colour-coded so it's easy to see threat levels at-a-glance.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Really now, is there a conspiracy here? One could say that a traffic light look like an abbrieviated impact/terror warning system. It's only missing Ernie and CookieMonster. Now EW get some rest! We're going to be OK. I'm sure we can get back to the debate of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is another coincidence for you. Armageddon the impact movie is playing on TV

TUT TUT

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
They showed Deep Impact on TV over the weekend here

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Its about as amazing, as the similarity to a stoplight...red, yellow, green....
Ridge is an absolute genius...../sarcasm

top topics

join