It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ocskywatcher

A can of worms, that cant be closed.

Well thats not a very good thing to say. I believe this needs to be discussed but without enticing panic and fear.

TerminatOR

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TerminateOR

Well bro i think this has been discussed at length.

Just take a read through it all and leave a post and let us know your view.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
These aliens are exposed to space radiation and they could potentially harm us unintentionally even if they are friendly. If anyone want to risk their lives to be infected by unknown factors such as chemical substances, radiation, diseases etc, that person certainly isn't me.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer
[m
Welcome it may be the wrong word I would say accept what you feel is right and follow that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I believe that both cultures would be neutral in regards to meeting. But both cultures would be extremely scared of the germs either side would carry.

I also believe that the reason we haven't been contacted is cause the real emperors of space are germs and virus's and bacterias, and stuff without names. It ends up killing off complex life forms when they first start heading out.

germs will always rull. Simple, can survive in harshest environments and can kick our butts at colonizing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's not logical to assume that mastering space travel makes a species ultra-advanced just because we think of it as a point farther down an imaginary scale of human progress than we're at. There are all sorts of ways in which it could be much easier for an alien than us without them needing to be super-advanced. They could be physically capable of surviving in space better than us, or live much longer, or have a biological self-propulsion system built-n, or completely avoided many of the scientific traps that have set humankind's developments back hundreds of years, or simply have figured out one little thing we've missed that makes all the difference.
edit on 3-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio

We should never fear anything. If aliens do exist they could have wiped us out many, many years ago. If there plan is to take us over, same thing, it would have been easier for them to do that with FAR LESS humans on the planet.

There plan may include having more humans for whatever reason, namely for genetic reasons. Then again they might be waiting for the right time for whatever reasons, alien laws, solar and earth activity, or simple logistics.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The only "alien contact' is going to be a jackboot government thug on our heads. Outer space, not likely, I know I wouldn't land here to save my own life let alone a foolish, idiotic human race. Please enough witht he aliens BS.

Read here..www.wintersonnenwende.com...

Read the whole of the article. Seems to me that Area 51 and other places on earth can hide alot of technology. Why were the Chinese/U.S.backed that is, killing all those people and monks in Tibet? Maybe they knew too much and were not co-operative!!!! Too many sites around the world. It IS of this world and no other I believe, but that is my right, right?

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join