It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You are awsome,you got it,why do you think the US and RUSSIA and other countries built enough nukes to destroy the planet a thousand times???

In case they freaking missed the first time?

MADD,mutually ensured destruction,get it,got it,gone.

We will extend a hand all right as long as our other hand is on a red button.

From my perspective I already know we are in a war,and if whoever we are fighting makes it past our buddies up there we are so screwed.

You see MADD only works if someone wants something you have and they value it enough to not destroy it,the dudes I am worried about arent coming to negotiate and they could give a dam if we are eliminated,it is easy to start life again and revisit the garden later.

The guys I met are our friends our allies at the very least,definately our protectors,we are their wartime asset,but they wont expend everything to save us as we would expend everything to save ourselves,their cause is our cause but it is greater than us,we are just one spoke in the wheel.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaderel

well said, not afraid though but disgusted

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all

I have been on some of the craft.

And the pink pig flying around the moon is actually my neighbor ...

Care to give any, and I mean ANY little EVIDENCE. Waiting with bated breath ...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Who exactly have you met that they consider this planet there war time asset, are you saying there is a cosmic war out there. As in star wars, alien species vs alien species?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by doubelieve

Your comments are based on assumption and supposition.

Mine are based on
$1.2 trillion USD in annual worldwide military expenditure on weapons(2008 non adjusted)
200 million privately-owned firearms in the US Alone(Estimated by the FBI)
Estimated Total of 23,375 nuclear weapons current in arsenals worldwide(October 2009)

AND A planet full of &**&stards

What we lack in sophistication, we make up for in sheer volume.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

and if they did the stupid mfers could have destroyed our race anyways...they even sent out a blood sample in space.

Oh Yeah, im for contact in some fashion, however who's bright idea was that one, a nice gold packaged box of instructables on everything. I just hope the vastness of space swallows that sucker, cause in the wrong hands, that could be costly .

$%^$ing egghead comity idiots!

Its taken awhile, however i finally read though the view points.

Just a point drop - Looking at the perspective of advanced races still potentially needing something from us even given our technological state of comparison. Totally fictionalised of course, but Stargate summed it up with humans inventing gunpowder projectiles. The Asguard admitted that due to their own advancement path and way of thinking, they couldn't have invented something so technology & seemingly inferior that fatally damaged Replicator technology. (Their own enemy that assimilated all forms of the advanced technology they invented to defeat them)

Just a thought at any rate

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think they'd be like you and me in the respect that they would be like someone hiking in the mountains, and you drop your compass under a rock or something and YOU KNOW, you've got to lift that rock up REAL careful like! Civilizations thousands or millions of years advanced, I mean,
would we really even register on they're radar?

Cosmologists, Astronomers, Astrophysicists have all pretty much discovered that this Universe or the Multiverse, which ever actually exists, pretty much is a chaos soup of things that tend to wipe out life on a planetary and galactic scale. No aliens need apply!

If there are advanced races out there, and they've been roaming the galactic neibhorhood for at least as long as us angry monkeys have been around I tend to believe they live in space and settle planets as needed knowing that if they needed to they could always take to space again.

Who knows? that explains maybe why we see them now and then.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

DEBATE RESULTS

65% Would Not Fear Contact
30% Would Fear Contact
5% Took an Equal Stance.....(saying they would need a scenario to be able to decide.

Thankyou for Participating in the Debate/Poll

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Galadofwar,humans against I am not sure,but humans not only from earth.

There are other races of humans we arent all familiar with yet.

The proof came for me from people like Meriam Delicado,and Travis Walton and myself and anyone else who has seen the people wearing the blue suits.

People who remembered playing "games"with other kids that involved levitating and manipulating shaped objects.People who remembered the little wrinkly guys AND the grays,AND humans all in the same event ESPECIALLY THANK YOU TO YOU PEOPLE.

Thank you to Paul helyler the Canadian minister of defense who discolsed the truth about the visitors and thank you to all the astronaught who have come forth and all of the military personell ,and thank you to all of the whistleblowers who have lost their livelyhoods and sometimes their lives for their disclosure efforts.

There are actually milions,dont forget any of them they are all martyrs for the TRUTH.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Should I Welcome aliens or should Inot...?
Hmmmmmmm
Well...., I suppose it all depends on one thing.
"How good they taste"

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
More likely they should be afraid of us.

We are a violent, heavily armed, untrustworthy species.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Gaderel]
My feeling is that if aliens wanted to destroy us, weapons would never come into it. With their obviously-superior technology they'd probably just release into the atmosphere a toxin or virus specifically-engineered to kill humans. That'd be it, no ray guns, no war, no valiant heroics. Just game over.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Even if they are evil.

Run away, and hide.

Realize, people from different stars visited your planet.

Stellar.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I am an optimist so,......let them come, no matter what their intensions are. They will probably save humankind.

Greed and the overall increase of sociopaths being born or made (have no evidence for that but that is what I think) is killing our species.

We are doomed because much our food is poluted with stuff which is killing us slowly and is probably the cause of low sperm count and deformed sperm. To be traced back to GREED.

More sociopaths are leading our governments and businesses because they are mentally stronger to create profit and succes, they are not concerned about the human factor. That will some day cause WWIII.

So if we ever want to survive ourselves we need answers for many problems. These answers must be handed to us because we will not give it to ourselves, even if we had the answers.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by elaine

"We are of and part of this earth. Aliens would not be and could cause harm simply by being here. Like an invasive species overtakeing the indigenous species, they may not be good for us and could upset the balance of nature here on earth."

Very good point. I changed jobs a couple of years ago (public schools) and just being in a different building has caused my allergies to go crazy. My doctor told me that every building has its own micro-environment and the longer you are there, the more immunity you build. Just imagine a species with different immune systems and microbes and the like. Could be possible to start a whole new bunch of diseases for humans. I fear many would die before anything could be done.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Listen,unless you believe in god,you better believe Hawkings ,me and anyone else who considers this perspective or reality.

If we compared IQs of all of the people who are forcing and endorsing disclosure and the reality that we are interacting with prieviously unknown races of humans,to the AVERAGE IQ,you will have your answer.

And if the most roundly educated humans on the planet feel this way then the rest is a no-brainer.

So,if there is no god as we believe that concept to be,then that means its us and mother nature just as its always been,we live in a physical reality that all other life froms existing in this reality share.

We have been dumbed down and we have forgotten the dog eat dog reality that we live in,we have been top dog for to long,religon has paralysed our brains into thinking we are the penultimate creation in this physical reality.

We are walking meatsicles to any intelligent species that doesnt share our capacity for emotional feelings and the empathy that we feel for each other .We are a six billion strong protein source.

As I have said many times ,our planetary stockpile of nukes was built up in secret cooperation between the superpowers not as a competition,they knew a long time ago,and applied the MADD concept to a power greater than we are.

Walking meat pies and praying wont save you,so get real and make our governments open up about the truth,I met humans just like us,I was given a chance to join them in defense of humanity,these ARE PEOPLE,and we have a right to know all about them.And the real threat our species is facing.

You should welcome some and fear others,if I hadnt had an advocate during my abduction I believe I would either be dead or gone from earth.

Even the humans are military in nature,but they are JUST LIKE US,I talked to some about their families and their emotions,they are humans like us.

I dont know what we are fighting but WE HAVE HUMAN ALLIES ,and our decietful governments dont like their peaceful intent and they dont like the fact that after disclosure their will only be ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT,because humanity will accept no less once we realise we are not alone,we will naturally want what the jones have,we will want into the club,and we will do anything even change our religons and governments to achieve entrance into the club ,ONCE WE KNOW IT EXISTS.

It doesnt really matter because we were all born into humanity and we belong to humanity,we are just slightly retarded right now due to religons influence.

We will grow out of it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Fear would be the appropriate rational response until their intentions are proven benign.

Comments about the number of weapons we possess and how dangerous we are, are misguided.

Any species capable of interstellar travel could exterminate us with ease without having anything so vulgar as a weapon.

1. Collect asteroid
2. Accelerate towards earth at high speed using ships drive
3. Observe cataclysmic impact
4. Repeat as necessary

Using this method you could sterilise the planet without coming anywhere near.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by justwokeup]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
First contact would be awesome. There is nothing to fear. They have been with us through our history. They may even have created us. Hawkings have no idea.

Just because human militaries would nuke another species for fun (specially if its considered ugly - we have a real problem with ugly things!) doesnt mean they would. Any species capable of space traveling have most likely realized the craziness in fighting over minor things.

If you could go anywhere in the universe, why argue about borders or whatever? The only reason we are so ignorant and believe the lies is because we get our truths from the television. Imagine if you could actually go anywhere and talk to anyone yourself. Then it would be pretty hard to brainwash people into hating each other, no?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If anything bad was to happen from them..it would have already happened. They are not a threat.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, to all the humans who think that we must be cautious because aliens are alien and we cant know how they are, so they may be aggressive, i propose this.

If Aliens come to Earth and they are aggressive, we must left behind the ones who thinks that space is some kind of eternal hippie festival.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Listen,let go of the hollywood alien crap,these are people and this is technology,think like a flying car that we dont have because we were snowjobbed by corporate and government industrys.

Simple technology,and yes as the US has discovered,they can be shot down .Its not like they are heavily armored,most things in the universe dont shoot bullets and missiles at you.

If people assume they have some omnipotent power they are wrong,these are humans like us .

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join