It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think we should be very cautious on what we are 'embracing'. I agree with those who say we as a species are not ready for contact, because we are so divided and primitive, #.. we call EACH OTHER aliens... which I feel is more derogatory than anything... Foreigner is more appropriate... at least when speaking about our own... I don't think I would trust any ET's that would be cooperating with the govt's of this world. They would have to make their 'appearance' on their own terms, or on the terms of the public. Any ET's cooperating with the govt. I would automatically see them as malevolent, unless they agreed to REDO the whole structure of society and upgrade the world to a resource based economy, with free energy for everyone etc... AND EVEN if they do that, I'd still keep my eyes on them because you never know what is going on on 'THE INSIDE' but #... take me out of this #hole lifestyle we currently live, and I won't be complaining that much... I don't rule out the possibility of an invasion though, just because... you NEVER know. There could be highly advanced malevolents as there could be highly advanced benevolents... You just never know, all that can be done is exercise extreme caution. AND, with anyone familiar with Project Bluebeam, just how much evidence do you need to be convinced of ET life? I for one, will need to see some real BIZARRE stuff. Humanoid ET's could just be a cover for Bluebeam... anyone agree?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheuniverse
reply to post by True-seer

I think that we are wrong to fear people of other planets.

I think it is wrong to make assumptions , being blinded by fear is wrong but openley embracing the unknown is equally as foolish .
They are as I have said unknown , we have no idea what thier intentions are or would be . I cant believe there is so many people out there ready to throw caution to wind . Lets just think about some small points like what do we have that they would need or want , because nobody does anything without intentions, if there is life looking to make contact with us then assuming they come with the best intentions is only one possibility . Stephen hawking is right when he says we should try to keep a low profile because if there is life out there then they obviously have the technology to travel amongst the stars and we are really just getting to that level. the sensible option would be to wait until we have the ability to handle encounters on a fair level.
As many people have said look at what happened with the native americans when they encountered the more technologically advanced race , if we learn anything from our own history it should be that we may have a choice to learn from our mistakes . I for one do not want to see the human race end up like thier culture did.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why should we fear contact. Other citizens of the universe have to be billions of years more advanced than us. Our solar system is estimated to be 4 billion years old. Compared to the rest of space that is like taking in a breath. For instance imagine our planet but lets say a million years into the future. Could you imagine what kind of technology we would have? Now imagine peoples of other planets(the term alien is associated to much with negativity and if you visited another planet I am sure you would rather be called a person). There systems might be up to 8 to even 100 billion years old. Now imagine the technology they could posses since technology is progression. With that kind of tech it would be just as impossible to imagine their possibilities. But it is not impossible to consider with this much time they have already mastered space travel, and driving to the grocery store for us could be the equivalent of other people of a different planet visiting another solar system.
So if they have that much more time to advance then they probably are already aware of our existence. And if they are aware of us they have not done anything yet to provoke us to fear them. So then ask yourself what if they aren't aware of our presence? If they aren't aware of our presence then you could argue their technology has not reached the level to where they could travel to us, yet alone find us. If that is so, the chances of other humanoids finding us without prior knowledge of our existence is much, much, much greater than finding a "cell" in a haystack.
I am surprised that an astrophysicist like Hawking would say something like this. If a advanced culture was going to visit us then wouldn't it be our fear that would prevent them from visiting us. I am sure that if you knew an aggressive pit bull that would bite anyone that messed with it, but for some odd reason it exhibited fear towards you, you would be hesitant to tell him he is a good boy and pat him. I think this fear of people from other planets is only projected from the mainstream media and Hollywood. If you look at how many movies have been made depicting them as "aliens" that come down and do sinister things to human beings and then compared that to the the number of movies that show people of another planet in a positive outlook you would be surprised how much more negative outlook is generated to others that we have never met or done anything wrong.
There are however stories from credible witnesses about being abducted. Over 90% of these abductions is said to involve the species of humanoid we call the Greys. The worst that has been done to us is we have been scientifically studied and then returned. I believe that they are just as curious of us, as we are to them.
In the end the best way to determine if we should fear people from other planets is by the actions they have made against and towards us. If you believe that you should fear a medical examination, crop circles with elaborate messages meant to guide us and a race of people that has never done anything to harm us, but to observe then that is your choice.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My question is who is trying to make initial contact, us or them? If it is us, then I believe we should not try to contact anything out there until we are ready. When I mean ready, I mean ready for change, Hopefully with the election of our new president, it proves we are heading in a new direction: because with the introduction of "Aliens", things will never be the same, we will know that we are not alone and will have to change our way of thinking. Also when I mean ready, we also have to be prepared for those out there who might be hostile and see us as a threat, either as destructive beings or as some other threat. I mean don't try to force something like making contact with them until we as a race are ready, not because only a certain few want it. If it is them making contact, then we have no choice to interact, but I am pretty sure paople around the world might be afraid, because as alot of people have already said, people are afraid of the unknown and change. But if it happens some time down the road, who knows we might be ready to accept change, but for now, I do not think we a ready yet, but we on our way. So, to answer your question of should we be afraid, NO, we should not jump to assumptions and conclusions about we things we do not know: but we should not be to accepting right away either, until we have learned somethings about each other, maybe wait a few years and figure out their intentions first.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
More likely they should be afraid of us.

We are a violent, heavily armed, untrustworthy species.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Gaderel]

i agree 100% which is exactly why according to eyewitness and experiencer testimony (if you believe them as I do) the few alien species that have visited Earth have been extremely cautious. It is also the reason why some kind of official disclosure has not happened yet because they have slowly been attuning us to their presence in order to stop us from attempting to hurt them. Which would most likely just result in more pain to us.

Furthermore if you already believe they have been visiting us, as a statistical probability if they were going to wipe us out or harm us they would have done it by now.

They are here to help us evolve, but we have to overcome our fears prejudices and violent tendencies and materialistic desires because a higher evolved society or civilisation is the only hope of becoming capable of space travel and galactic civilisation let alone solar system civilisation.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

I highly agree with you, as i have come to a realization that our entire past is a lie and we were genetically breed hear around 120,000 years ago when there was a sudden change in our body structure. Whatever the government tells you will be a lie, as mars is likely to be one of our past home planets which was taken over, and made a base for the Nazis-Reptillians. There are many races in outerspace and we must stick here on this planet to undergo the conscious awakening around 2012. Any attempt to remove humans from this planet b4 this should be considered an immediate threat. As the crop circles say, fear not the deceivers, there is still good out there. Whatever the agenda is for the Illuminati and their leaders, they would want to come hear and act friendly. All of this trickles down to the world leaders as they seem to be helping them accomplish this goal. Whatever event that is supposed to happen around 2012, the would leaders do not want this information to go public and would most probably rather people be dead than to be here on this amazing time. As we all know there is plenty of evidence that we have been visited so many times in the past, and that we continue to be. The same pyramids are on mars as here, along with many other structures. There is so much being kept from everyone I believe that the use of psychedelics could be the only way to figure out the truth. It is up to us to find out who our own creators and family are, they must be out there in outerspace somewhere near here. Metaphysics, free energy, ghosts, aliens, ancient structures, everything tels the same story.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I know I will be intrigued at first. It really depends I have no clue what the aliens intentions will be. I somewhat agree with Stephen Hawking on this one.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Further in response to tauempire, I add to what I wrote on page sixteen of this thread, that a species that is fully 100% feminine is fully 100% able to reproduce without any masculine involvement whatsoever. I insert text from a website about this phenomenon. [url=http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20627584.100-virgin-birth-sharks-secret-survival-trick.html]>PARTHENOGENESIS

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlawfullPriest

Relax, you'll understand eventually or when you're dead.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How would you feel if you discovered that our human race is actually alien to this planet, that we evolved on another planet (perhaps Mars). Humans made contact with an alien race which was superior in technological ability. They attacked and the only survivors made it to Earth which was not the planet they evolved on.

Would you still be so open to contact?

I think we must be very cautious until we develop proper space travel ourselves and see what is on our own backyard i.e. the pyramids on Mars etc

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

You are right , Ive been saying the same thing .
Regardless of our history and origins the unknown is exactly that unknown, I understand how people can be frustrated with the world in which we live and I myself am filled with eager anticipation as to whats out there .But when we look at it from a logical angle and for the greater good of our race , maybe its not such a great idea to go running in to the dragons den so to speak . Yes there may be a fountain of weath and knowledge but there could just as easily be a big nasty dragon.
If we do what we can to make contact now we are gambling and honestly the odds are stacked against us. What we as a planet need to do is to put aside our petty diffirences and work together to advance on our own so that when the day comes that we as a world take "one small step , one gaint leap" etc were are prepared enough to handle what we find . At the very least put be able to put up a good fight.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
More likely they should be afraid of us.

We are a violent, heavily armed, untrustworthy species.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Gaderel]

Yes... well the predator didnt really care.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Many of us are already having quite a significant amount of ET contact, some lifelong. Al have had some often without knowing for its like John Lear has said, that everyone is taken, processed several times. Considering the amount of time this would take with nearly 7 billion of us, its not just individuals having missing time, our planet has experienced this as well, or rather the clock is in our heads, for time is an illusion so our minds are temporarily suspended from this.

The main point is that in a case of much contact, it is often negative and positive as this is a duality, also if you are shining your light you can expect more negative attempts to prohibit that.

The best response we can have is to meditate in our hearts, and seriously reflect on the world and how far removed from equality, love and eden it truly is, take responsibilty and ask for forgiveness, and attempt to work on our selves to clean up the smudges on our light within, and be generous to others, and yearn for a better world.

Also go within and ask who you are, for your cosmic and eternal memories to surface, to understand why you're here an how you can progress. This isn't an overnight thing, but as your frequency raises and your goodness and calm loving, non-argumentative attitude becomes the norm, amongst family and friends, and as you help others, and yearn for eden, connecting to your Higher Self, they, the negatives have no power over you. They are not equal to Higher Self or the Family of Light.

So don't show fear, but work on self and positivity, for no matter what happens this is our progression.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
We live in a world that is run by greed, lies, war... We never get the truth... We are constantly getting propaganda and TV marketing. The political system is a complete joke.... There is no more truth, no more reality, it's all fake TV marketing propaganda bullsh*t only concerned with the bottom line.

I say, even if the aliens are evil and want to enslave, eat, and kill us all... Bring it.

Mass truth sounds refreshing, even if it means the end for all humanity.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
seriously... they could be good and I'm ok with that, but we do have to take into account that they may be aggressive and we have to be prepared for both scenarios...

This "welcome the ets cause they're friendly and their coming to show us the way" kinda reminds me that group of people on top of the empire state building in "Independence Day" shouting at the spaceship with open arms all happy and cheering... then the ship disintegrates the building lol - so much for the goodie aliens.

Some of us are good... some of us are evil... some of us are peaceful, some aggressive, some expansionists, some are traders... I believe its the same for aliens, now we just have to see what the lottery brings us.

But receiving an alien race with arms open out of the blue? Hell no... "more advanced" never EVER meant "more enlightened" (see world's history for reference).

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We should definitely fear them, and fear any good things they say. We should fear their lies and their intentions. And if they promise cures, we should fear that too.

If however, the call is ever made to attack the aliens, kill them, and even invade their planet, we should all support our president no matter what... because we all know in a time of war, it's Un-Earthly to ever question your president.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think we should fear it due to our embarrassing military control which would undoubtedly mess everything up like a schoolyard bully.

But then I have also been watching the V remake and maybe we shoudn't assume it to be all good...

I think that just about doesn't answer your question.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ever notice how people are trained through TV and Religion to never trust a good thing? Likehow religion teaches people the guy who finally brings peace to the middle east is the anti-christ.... Healthcare for all is not unlike the nazi holocaust, etc?

It seems that the media and religion are raising cynics.

And yet, the choice to fight and kill is always made clear in such a way that we shouldn't question, we shouldn't delay, and should not debate for fear of emboldening the enemy.

I personally think they have enough people mind-f*cked just enough to not trust their own logic that if alien spaceships surrounded the planet in mass, everywhere you looked you saw a giant saucer, that people would still not believe they were aliens or that it was real, until the government told them so. So, kudos to the government and religion for dumbing people down to such a degree... truly amazing.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

R.I.P. Native Americans, I welcome them if they welcome me.
2nd

WTH are ya talking about ! ?

Someone need to look at Sumerian & Pre Colombian History and all the Mysterious Anomaly's The Mysterious Origins of Man Documentary might interst you ! Aliens been on this planet before Mans Written Language and their after

Well they just might be like the Twilight zone Episode To Serve Man or the V series 1983-85 to the 2009 remake or War of the Worlds or even ID4 Independence day a War of the Worlds Side squeal

as Cortes invaded South America and the Natives thought he was the God that came back !! or Champlain invaded the Upper North America
as both Slaughter thousands the Visitors/Watchers will see us as the Native's !

but if they have been here since man been here on this planet they would of taken over before we got more Advance ! just look at the 100 years time we have advance ! as 15th to early 19th century was at mostly at a stand still with little advance..

with in 50 years from Wright brothers Manned heavy than air machine to a Manned rocket in space with in 20 years from a 286/12mhz to a quad4core/4.+ghz Computer where would be be today !? if we had this advance ratio back in the 15th century ! we would be in Alpha Centuri by now !
as the Invaders, the Watchers seeking habitable planets..

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Exactly... this whole question of whether to fear or not is ridiculous. They have been here a long time.

The fact that this question is being posed to the public, and stated by Mr. Hawking, only makes me believe we have a new disinformation campaign going on to make people fear the so-called aliens.

At this point, the powers-that-be have proven themselves to be liars and fearmongers on such epic scales, that they are like the boys who cried wolf, and now I don't believe anything they have to say, especially when they tell me I should be afraid....

[edit on 5-5-2010 by spiritualzombie]

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join