It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Ok you don't have to tell me how to sit in silence , Im well versed in many methods of meditation and seeking answers from within . But you have to venture outside yourself as well. The more I try to engage you in a discussion the more i realise that that you are the one who is closed off . I understand you are trying to help people wake up but you need to get up out of the lotus postition and start looking from other angles . You don't sound mystic or enlightened my friend you are sounding more foolish by the minute. No one especially me wants to engage you in an arguement or thinks you are wrong . But all you seem to have is vague statements that really dont address the point at hand . maybe one day when you are done listening to the voice in your head you will be able to hear someone elses. While the answers to the soul may reside within us all the answers to the physical world exist very much outside it and that is what were looking at.
I only ask that you try to engage in a porper conversation rather than spouting these so called wise words

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A theory is a theory, let’s keep it that way

I have only been a member of ATS for a short time now but my search for answers to the unknown dates back much farther than that. While the paranormal has interested for most of my life it has only been the last few years that I have really started looking into the world as we know it , and the real powers that lie behind the lies. With all the theories about the origins of man and the truth behind the religions I have found it an amazing quest that I know will not end until I have found what I’m looking for, my only wish is that it happens in my lifetime.
I must say that it has been great to find ATS and the views and information its threads have to hold. Views on topics that I haven’t even heard of have opened floodgates of ideas to myself as I’m sure they have to others. I’m sure that we are all aware that there is a lot more going on in the world than is known to the public and there in lies the search for truth, “Truth” being the operative word.
My issue is this, I personally don’t believe any of the ideas expressed or disbelieve them for that matter. I do believe there is information that we’re not privy to and have a duty as curious beings to find out what. Now I’m no scientist or philosopher and do not claim to be better educated than the rest of you but all I ask for is valid arguements. Regarding whether or not we should fear contact with alien species , and I have no intention of going over my points on the subject but time and time again there are posts popping up telling us “not to fear them” , “they have been here for years” “if they were going to hurt us they would have done it by now” and so forth. All this is speculation and it is foolish and arrogant to assume that you can claim to predict or know the intentions of the unknown. No one can know this , not unless you are sitting at home with ALF and he’s dishing the dirt on who’s gay and who’s straight in the GFL and even if you were I strongly doubt that you ‘d be posting it on the internet on a site dedicated to exposing the real conspiracies and agendas of the worlds elite. I’m not gonna start slamming people because they have a theory because I have several of my own which I may go into on another day depending on how hard I get slammed for this one. But please don’t try and put across these works of fiction as fact, as if you have the all seeing eye or the key to the universe.
I suppose what I’m getting at is that in the news we get little snippets of modified truth and we come here to put it together, and that there is a lot of us here that really are trying to put the information together so that we can see the whole picture. And I do believe that if we work logically towards a common goal we can get there, but that means facts and theories not the galactic federation of light. Really I’ve never heard anything like it , I put it with the 2012 nibiru evil annunaki crowd , Christ if I’m wrong and it all turns out to be true I swear I’ll visit you all personally and by you a drink and admit I was wrong (if were still alive hey hey).
But until that day is upon us I say let’s start looking at the world as it is and figure out how we’re going to move forward because If the guys in charge aren’t working towards our best interests then we have to start doing it ourselves. The information is out there but it’s up to us to work our way through the disinformation, junk and fiction. There is powers at work that don’t want us to know what’s happening and want to keep us in the dark , but if we work together we can fight our way to the truth.
Thanks for your time

[edit on 5-5-2010 by mackblack27]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

Intelligent.. the a very subjective concept. Doesn't really seem so.

One thing is for sure; if we continue to behave the way we do now, we are killing the planet and with it, ourselves. Actually, acting a bit more "hippie" would be a better way to survive than how we are acting now. But it's coming. Environmentalism is one the rise, and the only people who are trying to stop it are the people who make money out of the industry that pollutes the most. But everyone knows that.

More and more people are getting unhappy, and they're seeking answers. And there's those who have seen a glimpse of that something and try to give it to those people.

Went kind of off topic, sry, but it's all connected. And again (hate to repeat myself), if there isn't any intelligent ET life out there, I think it raises some puzzling questions about ourselves.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

You know I hate to say it but maybe this is what survival of the fittest is, maybe if and when the time comes that we make contact the people who blindly give themselves up will be the weak . Buddihsim tells us not to accept anything that we are told on face value and to question everything. I don't wish harm on anyone but if it comes to it I sure as hell am not going to willingly give myself to someone or something offering me bliss. because i know that life is not bliss, its the experience of pain anger love and compassion altogether that makes us who we are. But when it comes to contact with other races "if you want peace prepare for war" make sure you can defend yourself and your loved ones , faith wont stop a bullet.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Beleive it or not ,its the aliens who would fear contact with us if they had to reveal themselfs to the rest of human population on this planet.The aliens know fullwell if they did reveal themselfs to us it would start a chain reaction they would not fill good with.Though past experiences on other worlds the aliens know fullwell the negitive effects that occure when they had revealed themselfs to a far less intelligent species like us.Just like on the tv series v,the humans would want to share and use alien advanced technology.We would like to know everything about our new alien freinds and where they come from.When we look again at the tv series v we see the reptillian aliens have discused themselfs as good looking humans.Even though these pretend aliens are discusing themselfs for sinerster reasons ,other aliens may discuse themselfs as human as the aliens know .we would proberly except them better if they looked like us.Some aliens in our minds are proberly infact quite ugly.Again its not what you look like,its whats inside that counts.That also applys to aliens.Many ugly humans are discrinated against everyday.Ugly aliens would proberly be even more discriminated against by humans and this is another reason why aliens stay secret and keep there distance from humans.Some aliens species may look apon us as ugly and they may not want to look at as at all.I know that may sound strange but the truth hurts always.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

So you seem to be another who knows the inner workings of the alien mind and have some idea as to thier history . care to back it up with any evidence or are you just using V and your reference . great show dont get me wrong , but these are all assumptions , but heres one for ya to mill over . V was originally released in 1982 or 83 (can't remember exactly) and ratings wise didnt really break the bank . so why all of a sudden has it been redone and released now ? especially with the culmination of so many events and disclosures , not to mention the supposed usa disclosure apparently due this month. what if we do get visited? would we be scared? could they just put it down to sci fi ? makes me wonder not the story as such more the timing, think disinformation . If you make a science fiction show out of a real event its the best way to deny it ever happened just look at stargate

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
If we ever made contact with an alien race and they proved to be every bit as hospitable as we dream that they may be, it's very unlikely that it would end well for us.

The aliens would have no incentive. While this argument implies greed on their part, I think it's only common sense. They have nothing to gain from meeting with us.

I've thought of this question time and again. If an alien ever came up to me and said "are you a human?" Would I really want to say: "Yes, I'm from the same race that dreamed up the atom bomb. I'm from the same race that killed billions of people in the name of an invisible man in the sky. I'm from the same race that slaughtered six million innocent jews for no apparent reason. I'm from the same race that enslaved countless people across time. I'm from the same race that is slowly murdering the only planet within a hundred lightyears that could even sustain us. I'm from the same race that kills his brother for a loaf of bread." And so on and so forth.

We, as humans, have nothing to be proud of. How arrogant could we be to think that an alien race would WANT to meet with us. Personally, if I were part of a super advanced culture, I wouldn't want to meet us.

To put it another way, picture yourself traveling across the ocean to the deepest, darkest heart of africa and meeting the most violent race of apes you've ever encountered. Do you really want to teach it how to use FTL travel and advanced weaponry?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I kind of understand you question, should we fear aliens. Stephen Hawking is expressing his believe that aliens are human and would do what a human would do if they arived to a less advanced world. This universe was born of chaos and follows that pattern, therefore all things that life have been through what humans, were, are, and gona go through only some aliens have not evolved on such a cushy planet. Live however has not evolved far enough to live in chaos, even if you could walk the surface of the sun you would still not be evolved enough to live in chaos, it's the way of live there are certain paterns one must follow to be part of life.

And the first is anything that cant get along within confines will perish. This world is not a very forgiving place if you leave it's patern of life, food/job/shelter these are some of the patterns of life on this world. And just as this world does not function well in certain things such as if your in a war or other unsustainable pattern's. As it is in life on earth, so is the way of life in space, the only difference is space is not so forgiving.

It's not smart to assume aliens would be like humans, there is no such thing as good or evil that is a human game. If an alien species wanted to wipe humanity out we wouldn't be here to discuss being wiped out. But as you know fear means unknown, and alien also means unknown. So technically they translate as the same thing fear, so do I think should we fear aliens. If you want to go ahead I see no problem with it. If aliens land tomorrow you could be sure that assimilation to there paterns was long in process before they would do such a thing, how long would that be you might ask. Long enough for the basic's to be learned for a smooth transition, things like languages, histories, technologies, beliefs. If your advanced enough and wanted to you could make the species on another planet think that the very languages they speak were invented by them, if aliens come tomorrow and speak english to you and then proceed to tell you its one of there languages that they spoke in there past, would you believe it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Exactly what is stopping alien contact? You would think that if aliens wanted to contact us they would have the means to do so. How are TPTB stopping them? IMHO the TPTB refuse to give up their slave race. The only way I can see of them stopping contact is by threatening to destroy the whole planet. They have already made the whole world a living hell for us! How much worse would contact be? We could either be freed from the dark powers that enslave us now and give us a better world to live in.........or we would find a threat to our survival But one that we can see and name and fight against.

As for me.....I choose contact!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
More likely they should be afraid of us.

We are a violent, heavily armed, untrustworthy species.

We have more reason to be afraid of them as they will obviously be more advanced. After all, it is them who are capable of traveling to our planet, not the other way around. On the other hands, if they would have wanted to destroy us, they could have done so already and if they really decide to 'get in touch' with us, they probably have no malicious intentions.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by Amandla
I have positive attitude towards alien contact. I have a feeling, that they are friendly or curious and an open contact would be fun.

It's all fun and games until "they" get a craving for human brains. The Earth might be one big delicatessen to "them" - we simply don't know.

Well, if I think about what humans on this planet are capable of and what they have done through history, then I have to say, that any alien species is probably more fun than ours

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I think that maybe the reason we find it so hard finding alien life is because if it is there it doesnt know how technologiclly advanced we are. It (if there) will be hidding from everyone else, it does not know how powerful or advanced any civilizations are. i guess its like playing poker, no matter how good your hand is you might always fear that someone has a better hand. Alien races if anything HIDE from each other they FEAR each other, who Knows aliens might have found us but not contact us because they think we are a super advanced, light speed, war mongering race.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

agreed. duality of positive and negative but also another is balance (neutrality). lol i like your reference to the life of the roach! lol. thanks for replying.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
More likely they should be afraid of us.

We are a violent, heavily armed, untrustworthy species.

you left out retarded.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The idea of extraterrestrial beings observing our world has made me uneasy for some time now. Not because I'm necessarily scared of them, but because I'm scared of us.

If a flying saucer landed on the lawns of the White House or even outside Buckingham Palace I wouldn't be surprised to see armed tanks, soldiers with guns, maybe even a few deranged citizens ready to attack first and ask questions later.

If I were to view this world from an outsider's perspective I might conclude humanity is a barbaric and dangerous species either best left alone, observed only from a safe distance, or destroyed before evolution and the advancement of technology allows us to become a problem elsewhere in the galaxy.

As far as political stand points, religion, and the economy are concerned I believe First Contact should be feared and if possible avoided. As a species we're not yet civillized enough to handle it. And there's no telling when we might be.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shes A Machine

I'd say we desperately need it. People need hope or some type of purpose and first contact will definitely do that.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The real question is what positive things can humanity get from alien contact, even if they are benevolent what is the most you can expect to gain from them.

Do you think humans need alien teachings to become enlightened, has there not been countless enlightened humans and saints throughout our history, did they need aliens...NO!

If you really think about it the most you can get from them is

1, You are not alone in this universe...Will that bring you comfort to finally know this.

2, Technology.

A primitive race would view high technology as magic, and there is a real danger of the less sharp individuals worshipping or believing that they are "gods"

We don't need alien technology to build gravity manipulating craft, we are quite capable of doing this ourselves. We do not need aliens to help us solve the energy crisis we are quite capable of doing this ourselves. We do not need aliens to solve the pollution problem, it is in fact a technological problem not a political or economical one.

There are those among us (humans) who have the ability and knowledge to do all these things, yes there are initiates walking among the masses....BUT

There are those among us (humans) who hold the rest of humanity back from evolving and they hold the positions of power at the moment. For every good person on this planet there are 20 bad people... But don't worry, that's all going to change very soon!

Give you a clue

BANG!!!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

Where and in what book of the bible does it say any of that? I'm not being argumentative, ok not just, but seriously where in the bible does it say that?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

I think that we are wrong to fear people of other planets.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheuniverse

so do i but certain people will still believe that, the fear part

[edit on 5-5-2010 by True-seer]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join