It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Asteroid Belt was an ancient Planet that had several satellites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Child prodigy explains mysteries of the universe.

rt.com...

A schoolboy from Russia's southern Krasnodar Region has rocked the world of science with his findings in astronomy. Andrey Khlopin is only ten years old but is already listed twice in the Guinness Book of Records.

“The scientists used to have two theories. According to one, it was a planet. The other one stated that it was an unformed planet, just some space debris. But my theory shows that it was a planet that had several satellites,” said schoolboy Andrey Khlopin.

Any confirm from official institutions?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Wow, theres a plethora of ancient and spiritual texts as well as researchers which say this asteroid belt was a planet some called Maldek. Ill be pleased if the mainstream scientists confirm this finally. Joseph farrel also talks of it here.

Professor Michael Ovenden an astronomer of the Department of Geophysics and Astronomy, and The Institute of Astronomy and Space Science BC, Canada worked for decades trying to prove the asteroid belt was the remnants of a planet which was destroyed millions of years ago. His work has since been picked up by many others. [edit on 4-5-2010 by polarwarrior]

[edit on 4-5-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well if the kid's a genius, he probably read Hogan's "Giants" novels, which go into great detail about the destruction of a planet between Mars and Jupiter. Also talks in great detail of human gene manipulation, climate change (nothing to do with Al Gore, although I'm pretty sure he an alien), and space/time distortions. Very Similar to what this young fella said.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ahhh, I hope this turns out to be true, I suspect Mars , the Moon and Venus may have been satellites of this planet...

But, Did Earth get its water from there ?
It would explain the claims that there were atmosphere on Mars and it got blown away, also may explain the huge impact mark on Mars..

That is what I think atleast...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Thanks very much for your input.
I've a personal theory about that, on what happend on Mars...
But this maybe anothere future thread.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Now to the Sumerian Tablets, again.

They tell us about a planet called Tiamat (Watery Mother) that was torn apart by the forces in play when Nibiru came too close to it during one of its passings.

At some point Tiamat had a number of moons, one being called Kingu, which is our Moon. (Hope I remembered the correct name.. brain is old)

I think this story could easily account for why Earth has water.. moreso than the theory of minute amounts being desposited by Comets/Asteroids over an exceedingly long time frame.. and it also accounts for the "Hammered Bracelet" known to us as the Asteroid Belt.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hero Protagonist
Well if the kid's a genius, he probably read Hogan's "Giants" novels, which go into great detail about the destruction of a planet between Mars and Jupiter. Also talks in great detail of human gene manipulation, climate change (nothing to do with Al Gore, although I'm pretty sure he an alien), and space/time distortions. Very Similar to what this young fella said.

Yeah, he must have left out the part about alien manipulation of human genes, eh?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Now to the Sumerian Tablets, again.

They tell us about a planet called Tiamat (Watery Mother) that was torn apart by the forces in play when Nibiru came too close to it during one of its passings.

At some point Tiamat had a number of moons, one being called Kingu, which is our Moon. (Hope I remembered the correct name.. brain is old)

I think this story could easily account for why Earth has water.. moreso than the theory of minute amounts being desposited by Comets/Asteroids over an exceedingly long time frame.. and it also accounts for the "Hammered Bracelet" known to us as the Asteroid Belt.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Tayesin]

I was going to mention that.

I guess somebody needs to point that dude to the Sumerian tablets.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
the kid is talking bollocks. The entire asteroid belt has less mass than the moon about 1/4 I think. Hardly planet sized.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
the kid is talking bollocks. The entire asteroid belt has less mass than the moon about 1/4 I think. Hardly planet sized.

People don't put into account some of, most of, or all of the gas giant's satellites. Throw them into the mix and we got our planet.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

And where did the energy to lift those pieces to those (much) higher orbits come from?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

And where did the energy to lift those pieces to those (much) higher orbits come from?

Your guess is as good as mine...

Maybe after all of these years they just got picked up by the gas giants and settled into their orbits?

Where do you say they came from? I'm here to learn.

And this is for you, Phage:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/6/2010 by impaired]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007

yes thats true , but id assume that they the remains of what did not become planets.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Most probably from the same protoplanetary disk from which all of the planets formed. Never quite made the grade as a full sized planet, just a bunch of little guys that the gravity of Jupiter prevented from getting together. They just kept (and keep) banging into each other.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

AND, not to mention, that the earth and the Moon have been dancing together in their orbits for about +4 billion years.

Study of Lunar sample returns keeps adding support to the "Massive Collision" theory of Lunar formation.

Popular misconception regarding the "asteroid belt" persists, when in fact the debris, there is very, very widely spaced and as mentioned, hasn't sufficient mass, in total, to add up to a "planet".

BUT, recent deep-space missions will provide more and more definitive data, as the results are made known, regarding the make-up and structure of some asteroids being investigated.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There's no need for all the mass from a planet (and its satelites) to remain in the asteroid belt. If it indeed was a planet there which was destroyed in a cataclysm, no doubt large portions of it would scatter in all directions and most of it then would be on other planets, the sun and even thrown out of the solar system.

By the way, does anyone know if the boys work is to be found anywhere, or if anyone have confirmed or debunked his theory?

edit on 12-9-2010 by wbiter because: Spelling error

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The problem is that resonance orbits with Jupiter keep the asteroids from coming together to form a planet. Here is a good description from this site:

Some asteroids have their own 'moons', and some are in the same orbits. They are found at certain resonances with other objects, but can be easily thrown into chaotic orbits by impacts. The resonances from Jupiter accelerated nearby particles to high velocities causing many pulverising collisions and preventing the accretion of a large planet - the one the Celestial Police were searching for, between 2-4 AUs.

In 1867, the American astronomer Daniel Kirkwood noticed that there were gaps in the orbits of asteroids between Mars and Jupiter. The gaps and clusters of asteroids correspond to resonances with Jupiter. For example, there is a clump of asteroids, the Hildas, at the 3:2 resonance, but at the 2:1 resonance where the bodies would complete two revolutions for one of Jupiter's orbits, there is a gap. At the 3:1 resonance, 2.5 AUs from the Sun, there is another gap with only very few asteroids, Alinda and Quetzalcoatl are two of them. There are also gaps at resonances 4:1, 5:2 and 7:2. Computing the 3:1 resonance band over a time-scale of millions of years showed that this is a chaotic zone where bodies are thrown into increasingly eccentric and therefore more elliptical Mars-crossing orbits. They are then affected by Mars and thrown out into totally different orbits. Asteroids thrown out of the 3:1 resonance can be on a collision course with Earth. This has happened in the past and has caused devastation and mass extinction of life.

As there are still some asteroids left in this resonance band it might easily happen again, especially as there are already many bodies narrowly missing the Earth each year, and many more small rocks are constantly bombarding the Earth. At the 3:2 resonance where the Hildas clump there is no chaotic zone.

Other groups of asteroids include the Hungarias at near 2 AU, the Floras and Phoceas, before the 3:1 gap, then there are more clusters, with gaps at 5:2 and 7:3 resonances, then the Eos, the Themis, the 2:1 gap, the Cybeles, then very few until the Hildas, then the small Thule clump at 4:3, then there is the Trojans at 1:1, in Jupiter's orbit.

Also, (the Death Star not withstanding), there's no good mechanism for permanently blowing a planet apart. Even if two planets collide, computer modeling shows that the chunks don't spread very far before their mutual gravitational attraction causes them to coalesce (this happens faster than Jupiter could have spread them). This apparently happened with the Earth-Moon system, and also Miranda:

Miranda is a small satellite with a diameter of 470 kilometers (290 miles). Its surface is unlike anything in the solar system with features that are jumbled together in a haphazard fashion. Miranda consists of huge fault canyons as deep as 20 kilometers (12 miles), terraced layers and a mixture of old and young surfaces. The younger regions might have been produced by incomplete differentiation of the moon, a process in which upwelling of lighter material surfaced in limited areas. Alternatively, scientists believe that Miranda may have been shattered as many as five times during its evolution. After each shattering the moon would have reassembled from the remains of its former self with portions of the core exposed and portions of the surface buried. Miranda's appearence can be explained by theories, but the real reason is still unknown.

new topics

top topics

join