It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sattelite??? Who knows!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hey everyone. Just got a quick question. And it goes a little something like this........

Does anyone on here know if there are any current Sattelites that would be going over Australia recently???? I ask, because in the last month or 2, on 3 or 4 seperate occasions, I have seen a "star" as such, moving across the sky. Now yes, I have ruled out possible plane, because I have planes going overhead each day and night, and as part of my work, I am out at Sydney Airport every day.

Now each time I have seen it, I have ruled out Plane, Helicopter and the like, because I know what they look like, how they are around where I live (Southern Sydney), and because I live near the flight path for the North-South runway, I see them coming in and taking off quite regularly.

The reason I think I could be a possible Sattelite is because each time I have seen it, it takes the 1 path, it's height above Earth, which is the same each time, and that being said, it is WAY to high for it to be a plane or chopper.

But tonight, well tonight when I saw it, something was different. It was like it had a "search light" attached to it, like a Helicopter would when searching for something. Now, when I looked at it, the bright light went out, and it went back to the way it "usually" is, which is looking like a star taking a predetermined, continuous path.

And each time I have seen it, it has disappeared at about 55 degrees above horizon. EVERY time.

And just to add, my fiancee saw something like it a few months back. I was sitting here on the computer, and she was outside the front door having a ciggarette, when she called me out and pointed it out to me. And it was the same thing. This would have been about 3 or 4 months ago, but it could have been a bit more, because we didn't really take any notice to what the date and time was.

So does anyone know if there are/have been any Sattelites with a trajectory over Sydney in the last few months, up until now? Because I would really like to try and figure out what this thing is!!!!!

Edit to add:- As far as I am aware, it is not any of Australia's current generation of F/A-18's, or F-111's (that have been or are soon to be retired).

The closest Air Force Bases to where I live are Williamtown AFB, in Newcastle, which is about 200-225km North of my place (about 170km North of Sydney), and HMAS Albatross, which is a Naval Air Station down at Nowra which is a couple of hundred kilometres South of Sydney (and which, suprisingly, had a UFO sighting by several Airmen and Pilots in the late 70's, early 80's if I remember correctly!!!).

Now I have seen our F/A-18's and F-111's go overhead on several occasions, both during day AND night time excercises when I have been up at Newcastle for work, so I know what they look/sound like at High and Low level, at both day and night, AND I know what they sound like too.

What I have seen is silent. Hope all the info helps peeps.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by TerribleTeam2]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I can't say if it was the same thing, but let me tell you my story. Last week at work I was on smoke break. I went out and as usual kept looking up. I noticed an amazing constellation like a perfect triangle. Suddenly the top star started going across the sky. Had no run lights on it but the thing was so bright and as high up as it was it must have been booking it. About halfway across the sky it just suddenly disappeared. One of the craziest UFO's I have ever seen.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Dude this is the same kinda thing I have seen over the last couple of months!!

Usually, it is in the same light as the stars that surround it, but tonight was different. It had a much brighter, well, luminescence I guess you would call it. As I said, I was like it had a chopper spotlight on it, yet from a guesstimate, once the light went out and it returned to its normal "luminescence", I think it would have been at at least 25-30 miles up. Just by judging it compared to the other stars etc.

But it basically does the same thing that yours did each time I saw it. Follow the same path, and "pop", it was gone. Every time in the same spot, at about 55 degrees above the horizon, when looking south.

That's why I wanna know if anyone on here has any Info regarding Sattelites going over Australia, and in particular, Sydney, over the last few months, up until tonight.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Have a look at www.heavens-above.com... and plug in your coordinatess.

There are hundreds of satellites passing overhead at any given time, the above link will tell you when satellites and the ISS are passing over your location.

The bright 'spotlight' you described could have been an iridium flare.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

You beat me to it!

Based on this thread, I wonder if smoking continues to decrease, will we have less reports of UFO's?

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Check out what I saw here

www.abovetopsecret.com... (scroll down)

Maybe we shouldn't quit smoking after all?

I checked the Heavens Above (thanks for the link btw), no iridiums OR ISS at that specific time. The weird thing was the propeller plane that appeared almost immediately after I had the sighting.

I have seen something slightly similar, years ago, but there were three of them, and they moved symmetrically into a single point and then disappeared. There were 4-5 of us who saw it (and later met 2 people, who saw it too). It was way more in-your-face than this one.

I do think that this has a completely natural explanation 'tho.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Cheers Chadwickus. Checking it out now.

Closest one seems to be Iridium 6, but that is showing as passed about 1h 20mins previous to when I saw the, well, Celestial Object.

Might have to go out tomorrow night around the same time and see if the same thing happens around the same time, that way it might just be another Sattelite going overhead.

Edit:- Tryp - yeah, that's what I'm thinking dude. Just wanted to see if anyone had any info on Sat. passes etc. Thankfully Chadwickus had a helpful website handy.

I guess I'm the kinda person that has to rule everything out before you see me jumping round yelling "ZOMG THE ALIENS ARE INVADING EVERYONE GRAB YOUR GUNS, AMMO AND SUPPLIES AND HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!". Probably cause I have a natural love for science, and have to check out all options before coming to a conclusion.

Not that I don't believe in UFO's, far from it, but I'm not going to jump the gun before all explanations are exhausted. And even then it may not be what we thing it could be.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by TerribleTeam2]

top topics

join