It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Rumors: Can Anyone Confirm or Deny?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Have not heard anything about an evacuation order yet because that bombing is all over the news will keep you updated if i do,but the smell s funky..not a good funky

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Time to test the FEMA camps. See if they're ready for such compacities. =D

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thanks getreadyalready for letting me know about this.

For what its worth, yes the smell is there. I could understand how it would affect those with respiratory illnesses.

However, I have heard nothing about any evacuations being called. I will endure 15 minutes of Maury Povich now to catch the Governor's press conference being held at 11:15, but I honestly believe this is some Rense made up crap.

We'll see.

ETA: On a side note, if you want to really be afraid of threats to humanity, watch Maury Povich. Good God... *mute*

[edit on 5/4/10 by niteboy82]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have heard of some really old and powerful viruses being found in core samples from certain spots in the Earth's crust. Maybe something like this has been released due to the breach in containment? Pure speculation of course. The Exxon Valdez was oil that had already been drilled. This spill is being ejected straight from inside the Earth so it has not been processed in any way.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here's a link to the press conference for anyone interested:

www.wwltv.com...

They are just walking around chatting right now, before it begins. If it is declared, you'll be hearing it there first.

I've gotten no confirmation on this though, a lot of laughs and "you're crazy" when asking.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
First, the source is rense. Second, the writer is creator of the web-bot project. These guys have made too many claims that didn't pan out in the least.

Fail.

Is there a general concensus on Rense? Any comments on his reputation?

Web bot is one thing, but the author of the article does state out right that evacuation is happening and that he knows from a reliable source. What is his reputation and track record concerning accurate information? Don't blur the lines with the web-bot game.

Are either of these guys on par with Sorcha Faal?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i have a friend who works in panama beach FL, the other day we were talking about the oil spill and he mentioned that there was already talk about evacuations..

i asked him where he had heard this, being that i'm an ATSer in most situations and wanted to at least KNOW his sources, reliable or not...

he said he was talking with some co workers and they were talking about how they won't be able to buy local fish anymore and financially this might put them under, then they got to talking about rumors of evacuation already being mentioned here and there

i then asked him if it was just 'word of mouth' that he had heard about it, and specifically not from a new's source or some undeniable source, and he just said "yeah word of mouth"

so basically i just took mental note of the rumor, i mean it is possible that many scenerios could happen that would require evacuation in relation to the oil spill, i mean like if it evaporated and the gulf coast got extremely toxic rain for a while, or if a hurricane came and slapped it all everywhere, but as far i have heard as of the time of this post, evacuation is just a rumor

i thought it was interesting though that the rumors were spread enough to be mentioned here... that's kinda why i posted this reply with what i have heard, hope it leads somewhere

peace

[edit on 5/4/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ok, Jindal was just asked about this and said that no, there is no evacuation at this time. The Dept. of Health and Hospitals does have an air advisory out for those that may be sensitive to the vapor. The DEQ is monitoring water and there are shelters prepared in the event that such evacuations were needed.

I have to hand it Jindal and the leaders in this press conference, these people are heavy on top of their game. Every possible scenario is being looked at and while Jindal is asking for assistance (which he very well should be) they are working ahead of BP and USCG to get work ready to stem the disaster from affecting the coastal areas.

Everything apparently depends on USCG and then BP approving the funding. Quite frankly I see that they should have no choice in the matter.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Rense is a charlatan. He mixes in truth with lies. He has a broadcaster on one night, states his opinion towards an issue at a certain angle, then next night completely contradicits himself. He caters to his hosts and audiences for profit. Narcissist.

As for the web-bot guys they are basically same. Make money from preying off people's fears.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Thanks niteboy. I agree with the assessment of Jindal and the CG.

I posted yesterday about an encounter with some CG and Emergency Management Operations in Florida. They are not planning for evacuations here either. I don't know what the poster above heard from his friend in Panama City, but I know that in Tallahassee, and in the state and local governments no preparations are being made.

They are preparing for seafood bans, and beach closures, and trying to get methods in place to protect wetlands and wildlife sanctuaries, although the expectation of success is pretty low right now, unless the leak is stopped soon.

There is one promising BP solution in the works that could be effective within 7-10 days. BP is proposing a giant concrete encasement that has a tube for collecting the crude and storing it much like the oil rig would have. By doing it in this manner, they can collect the crude, and they won't be fighting to contain the pressure. A concrete encapment won't work, but maybe an encasement with a collection apparatus will work? Hopefully? 8 more days is survivable for the Gulf, but 3 months worth is not!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join