It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An arrest has been made in the Times Square bombing attempt, CNN confirms.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

(visit the link for the full news article)

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
No further details released...

Initially it was a white male mid-40s, but a recent report shows it may be a Pakistani man. Race doesnt exactly matter in this case, I dont believe...

The intent and motive is what the media is awaiting to here. Many ideals have been floating around the net in the past few days, it will be interesting to hear what they can squeeze out of this man...

If it is even the correct culprit, at all.

More details to com.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
He could be a Pakistani national and still have a white skin color.

All he needs is citizenship status there.

So you are correct, race has Nothing to do with this.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, if the suspect (Pakistani) was attempting to flee the Country, and it was the car he bought (with cash-no trail) then it looks damning.

I'd say there is a GREAT percent chance this is the guy..

All I gotta say is thank god for stupid ass terrorists. Their bombs never go off..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is one of the more ridiculous things to come about in the media lately... and that is saying something. The way the news is spinning this, we all owe our lives to the watchful eyes of a New York hot dog vendor. His diligence and patriotism saved us from a catastrophe that would have rivaled Hiroshima.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Initially it was a white male mid-40s, but a recent report shows it may be a Pakistani man. Race doesnt exactly matter in this case, I dont believe...

The guy may well be white and come from Pakistan. In the UK we have many people of Kashmir descent settled here. Many of the the Kashmiri people from northern Pakistan are white

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
They're about to have a news conference.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
My friend told me the guy's name is Faisal Shahzad.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

There is video of the guy changing cloths on the sidewalk. I hope they caught that guy, if they haven't you can see a woman in a white shirt who is talking on her cell phone who stares directly at the man while he takes off his shirt.

This seems very strange to me. Why would you change your shirt out in the open like that? That is very very strange... Either that is not the guy or there is something weird to all of this.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yet this isnt a weapon of mass destruction but when you get 4 redneck kids playing with Draino and tin foil it is a WMD.... Wake the hell up MSM is the WMD.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Pakistani??? I thought this was suppose to blame on the Iranians and that the U.S. govt. would invade Iran. This is a false flag op.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
This is one of the more ridiculous things to come about in the media lately... and that is saying something. The way the news is spinning this, we all owe our lives to the watchful eyes of a New York hot dog vendor. His diligence and patriotism saved us from a catastrophe that would have rivaled Hiroshima.

The bomb was poorly made, and wouldn't have done a lot of damage...but it still could have killed people...so it is news and the guy should be brought to justice...and whoever spotted it did potentially save lives. I don't exactly know what your point is?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude
My friend told me the guy's name is Faisal Shahzad.

I think its pronounced Fizzle Shizzle.

Lets hope they got the right guy and maybe we gain some intelligence.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
This seems very strange to me. Why would you change your shirt out in the open like that? That is very very strange... Either that is not the guy or there is something weird to all of this.

Why not? And besides some footage of a guy changing his shirt isn't really very convincing. If that's what they've got for evidence then this will be another hyped up case that goes nowhere.

I heard there were 82 cameras in that area. I expect to see some better footage and if I don't then I refuse to believe them on the basis they lie so much.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

So do you think if the hot dog vendor ignored it, the turnout would have been ok? Give me a break. What a waste of a post bro. You can't say anything nice?

The guy IS a hero and so is the cop that stopped the fire. period. Nothing more, or less. get over your cynic attitude.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

I'd just like to add it was a t-shirt vendor... Veteran.

Go Vets!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Pharyax

I'd just like to add it was a t-shirt vendor... Veteran.

Go Vets!

My bad, you are correct! Go vets is right! That alone makes him a hero. He simply told reporters 'if you see something, SAY something'. I agree. Many people just walk on by--like that that dying man on the street that saved a lady from a mugging.

If that Vet was there, I guarantee you that man would be alive today.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Pharyax]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259Why not? And besides some footage of a guy changing his shirt isn't really very convincing. If that's what they've got for evidence then this will be another hyped up case that goes nowhere.

I heard there were 82 cameras in that area. I expect to see some better footage and if I don't then I refuse to believe them on the basis they lie so much.

Uhm, that's not evidence, the vehicle is....they openly said they weren't sure if they were the same person on video. I assume they released that video to keep the media happy.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Look mate be serious with me here. These are the guys that can't put out a decent pentagon video 9 years later and had some mysterious taping changing affair at the time of the OKC bombing.

And the source is CNN whom are not only embedded media, and therefore working for the government, but well known for their shillery and propaganda.

You Americans seem to forget you're actually at war, and that always means propaganda. Ofcourse they're gonna say this guy is a Paki because well, they haven't actually got around to admitting it's a war against Pakistan and they need public support.

I find the whole business distasteful. While you're over there with your drones and airstrikes we're still playing cricket with these guys.

If I don't see a clear video of this guys face as he parks and then exits the car it's a lie.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by belial259]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I read yesterday that it was believed to be in response to the South Park episode a few weeks featuring 'Mohammed in a bear suit'.
If that is the case, I don't think they actually watched the episode (spoilers) because it was Father Christmas in a bear suit! (/spoilers)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join