It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fragments of earlier memories of Taiwan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

or why I am a Taoist.

I am now living and working in the Sultanate of Oman for about 2 years now.
I am actually better known in the cat and parrot world as I blogged of the life I lived with my cats and my Congo African Grey that you see flying in my avatar.

My cats think they are dogs and followed me in walks outdoors and even into the ocean.

Prior to that, I lived many years in Taiwan.

I have inexplicable encounters there, from 1991, and again ten years later or so.
That encounter in 1991 triggered my metamorphosis into a Taoist.
Those encounters were so uncomfortable, and un-understandable, that I could not bring myself to write on that until a few months ago. For fear that with years, those memories might all fade away.

I wrote this for largely my birdie friends who followed my sagas with beasties and birdies. Until a chance encounter lead me into this forum.

I wrestled in my mind if I post this in the paranormal forum or here. I leave it to the moderators to do as they decide as this might well belong to there

This saga is long. Grab a cup of coffee, and enter a true world that might be even more strange than a wild fantasy.

shanlung.livejournal.com...

Warmest regards

Shanlung
山 龍

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
That is a fascinating story. Thank you for sharing.

I also really loved the photography you shared with me. Taiwan is incredibly beautiful!

I also find your story about the Monk selling you the statue for such a low price interesting.

Do you feel it was a synchronicity of the Universe?

Do you think the monk was simply an Avatar for a Higher Being (Alien, Angel, etc) and was merely disguised as a human to test your merits??

You know in old texts, such as the Bible, it states that "angels" would come in the form of humans, to test us.

And that we must always treat strangers with great kindness and aid them, because it may be an "angel" in disguise.

I think you subconsciously feel this may be the case. That the monk who sold you the statue for such a paltry price was indeed more than he appeared.

You said he seemed to be telepathic as well. Aliens are said by many , to be telepathic. This is a common belief throughout the community.

I think you have done very well, as you helped this strange person. You wanted to help him more, but he was simply testing you so he refused the larger sum of $$.

This makes sense to me. I think you maybe met a "higher being" that was masquerading as a human.

Well, it's possible. I wouldn't be surprised if it was all true.

Thank you for sharing this story with me though, as it was well worth the read!

I must say you are quite an adventurous person! And very well spoken and educated too!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Oh, your description of Riamfada's flight was incredible ..... what a story. Thanks for sharing, and I will be checking in on your blog periodically.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
muzzleflash,

I thought of that monk and that meeting for many years . I am no clearer about him and I think I never will.

When I fixed my mind on something, I very seldom change my mind. As you have read, I originally wanted to ride back to Taipeh for my lunch. If I had done that, even that monk would have found it difficult to get to me.

I believed when I rode up to him and thought my fleeting thoughts, he knew already of me. For reasons of his own, he wanted to reach out to me. He must have read into my mind, and saw I knew that town. As just as I passed him, I changed my mind deciding on that restaurant in that town. He must have placed that thought into my mind there and then.

He made me that 'gift', packaging it as a sale. The money that he asked for was so paltry, and then telepathically reaffirmed to me, blew me more than what I wrote.

I felt that sum was symbolic, even if that escaped me.

Then at a time of my deepest need, 'he' came again. His presence was so strong that evening, together with the aura of peace and tranquility was exactly like when he first step in through that door of the little restaurant.

I cannot blame you, or anyone else, who wonder if it was true. All that should not have taken place. Except it did.

I am new here to you.

But if you have followed my accounts in the past, you would have known I never make up any stories, or tell of things which are not true.

Tadarida, and all others

:-)

So you used Livejournal navigation to read onto that next entry where I took Riamfada, my parrot to free fly at the edge of that huge desert. I hope you enjoyed those photos too.

My blog covered ten years of my life. You could have paged backwards to read of earlier entries even if those entries were not on mystic monks and strange entities.

If you had continued, you would have come to my next entry as I post regularly. Then you would have seen my cats that joined me and Riamfada outdoors.

If you click on the Bantienyen URL, you will find another haunting description of Taiwan. Where against the advice of Gods themselves, I continued with my search for Tinkerbell, my grey in Taiwan when I lost her in the mountains. And at the end, got her back.

Go into the Flickr folder too for photos of incredible Taiwan.

Warmest regards

Shanlung
山 龍

[edit on 4-5-2010 by shanlung]

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Perhaps folks new to this forum might like to read.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I wrote of another incident where I had malfunction of camera.
Do not ask me for more explanations than what I had written as I only report and do not understand what had happened

Taiping thoughts //Camera malfunction at NanHwaShi//Combat Taijichuan -some notes

top topics

join