It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do White people deserve to have pride in their race?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

unless it's a zombie hand.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think people seriously have to just throw the whole "race card" thing out the window and accept that we are all in fact the HUMAN race.... PERIOD.

It is all about individuals, not a frigging skin colour or culture.

In this world it is every man for himself!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Let's just stop talking about racism period. Let's be proud we're humans? What is it they say about pride?

reply to post by mellisamouse

Could have just said ditto! lol

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I LOVE the white race, and I am sick of the propaganda that comes from the blacks and mestizos. If they can be proud of their race, why can we not be proud of our race?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

Well I'm a Mestizo. Still my skin color is a light tan. It's hard to explain.
second line.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan89

I am a black I am proud of my race. I am a man. I am proud to be a man. I am a parent. I am proud to be a parent. I just don't see any need to be rude or obnoxious..Yes I take pride in not being gratuitously rude.

Do you get my drift???
Are white people so damn insecure that these sort of questions have to be raised??

Anyone without pride in themselves will have a tough time on the earth.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I just sounds so predudice if someone says, it is a great day to be a white man, but for example my native friends are allways saying, it is such a great day to be a native.....

Why the double standard?

if I say it is a great day to be a native, am I not in a sublte way excluding my white side?

Am I not then excluding every other race?

I don't think those statements are loving, they are bursting in a subtle pride/predudice it feels.....

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes but we are sentient beings it is how it is said. I can often tell a white supracist before they open their mouths. I can say he same phrase with so many different meanings due to inflections. I am not an actor. If racial pride is used to disrespect people then it is wrong. EVERYONE must have pride however.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think that pride is not up to the color of our skin,but the soul inside.What's more we can't decide our color but we do can cultivate ourselves inside.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

I feel that white people (* I feel like I should add this here as it might make a difference to someone; but I have dropped out of the white race with the help of Abbie Hoffman, who inspired such a thing. I have always viewed myself as "olive" being of itallian decent) have been i inspired by all of the other races. Take elvis for example. He's a great example of white culture but all he did was take "black" peoples music, water it down and inject white christian idealism into it so white people could digest it. Black music was too raw and emotional for 1950's America and thank (insert diety or lack thereof here) he did come along because if it wasn't for him I'm not sure I would be the person I am today. Anyway, my point is, white society has been influenced by other societies since the dawn of time. Look at suburban white kids these days, all emulating their black rapper idols. I don't have a problem with this behavior, I'm just pointing out whitw people don't have a lot to call their own.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I've always been brought up with a belief and respect for this very phrase, "The only race I'm apart of is the Human one." I believe everybody should feel this way. I mean seriously we are all pieces of this universe we should act like it. We're all from the same place(Earth) and thats a big thing to think about. But world peace and understanding is Evolution for the HUMAN race... I'm proud to be alive and have all these wonderful things around me that catches my interest. More grateful then anything.

Thanks for reading,
Ryan

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join