It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Steals 'Largest Seller of Death' Title from Russia-2010: Amazing -tells the stats of Global sa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Russia slid to second place on the list of world’s largest sellers of arms giving way to the United States of America.

Russia covered 24 percent of the world arms market from 2005 to 2009, whereas the USA’s percentage is higher – 30%, AFP reports with reference to a research conducted by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI). Russia was previously ahead of the USA and had 31 percent on the market from 2001 to 2005 vs. the USA’s 30 percent.

Russia’s defense export giant Rosoboronexport currently ships arms to over 70 countries of the world. Air force equipment makes 50 percent of all shipments. Russia’s biggest partners on the arms market are India, Algeria, China, Venezuela, Malaysia and Syria. Rosoboronexport’s business portfolio for 2010 is evaluated at over $34 billion.
Source: english.pravda.ru...

The article continues with a breakdown of world arm sold, by whom and to who. Amazing amount of weapons/death. Looks like the smaller countires arming to the teeth. It is very apparent that we (the USA) is not the leader of peace, but of death and destruction. No wonder we are dislike so much around the world. This piece really opened up my eyes.

I know that one of the arguements from the other side will be something along the lines that these countries are going to get the arms/weapons from somewhere-may as well be us, keeps people employed etc etc. I just don't think that hold much water anymore-not with the current state of the world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0de6753eb69.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Russia slid to second place on the list of world’s largest sellers of arms giving way to the United States of America.

Well, at least we've found something that we can export, and help reduce the trade deficit.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I seriously thought the figures would have been much higher overall, especially the planes.

Would like to see figures on machineguns, rpgs etc.

Plus these figures wouldn't include all the weapons the US gives to CIA backed insurgents.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by acrux]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Yes, I agree. About 1/2 the info needed for the story is there, in the sense the small arms sold. I bet those figures would inflate these report numbers by 50%-at least.

We need to stop selling weapons and death items. Start focusing on helping people instead.

I was thinking about this since I posted it. All these ideas I have previously dismissed about the USA being merchants of death and destruction as typical USA bashing. Well now I am conviced those people were right.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It is funny they do not include any machine guns in the chart thing.

I also think it is funny that the U.S. supports the people they are fighting by giving them guns to shoot their own soldiers with., while not really funny...

They have to sell the machines they build for war though, or else they would not be enough money to make them for us (is there now?)

The only thing to me that makes them smart though, is the fact that they are selling outdated and old equipment to other countries, just in case we ever have to fight them.

Pred...

new topics

top topics

join