It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight 19 information as told to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
During the search for Challenger debris in 1986, a Flight 19 aircraft had been found , with an intact Avenger airframe, but no pilot remains. The primary support base for Cape Canaveral AFS and Kennedy Space Center is Patrick AFB. The main Flight Operations for Patrick AFB's aircrews is the same Flight Ops used by the aircrew of the PBM Mariner that disappeared shortyly after taking off from what was the Banana River Air Station.

I was able to meet some of the men who had worked at Flight Ops back in December, 1945. They were actually present during the day the Flight 19 crews and the PBM disappeared. They listened to the radio transmissions themselves, paying attention as the event occurred.

While there will be people on this site that automatically presume that they were hypnotized to tell a false story, the gentlemen impressed me as totally believable. This was because of their backgrounds, and their general attitudes toward authorities. They absolutely believed the flight leader of Flight 19 was confused, and disregarding instructions that would have led the flight back to the Florida coastline. They told of the specific conversations, and the tones of voices by various members of the different aircraft in Flight 19. Some of the other pilots specifically told the flight leader that he was leading them to nowhere. Still, because of the military discipline, they followed their leader into history.

As for the PBM, several members of the crew that disappeared were known smokers. This was important because these aircraft were notorious for fuel leaks, so the aircrews were told not to smoke in or around these aircraft. However, many aircrew members smoked anyway. There were previous lost aircraft that were believed to victims of cigarette-induced explosions in flight. These guys had immediately believed this was what happened when the PBM disappeared.

There are many events that cannot be fully explained in the Bermuda Triangle, but I truly feel this is not one of them.

One interesting thing about the area, though, is that there are significant regions of magnetic anomalies. There were areas where compasses were not reliable, and other types of navigational aides were required. There were areas where we would have to use electronic and radio beam land-based navigational assistance to accurately pass through those areas without being significantly off-course when we reached safer areas. I fully believe that these types of problems could easily be responsible for many types of disappearances, especially in days gone by.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
One other thought.

We had one HH-3 crew that was out on a rescue attempt in bad weather, and they had such bad magnetic interference that the crew became badly disoriented. They finally had to go up to 5,000 feet, get confirmed on their IFF and have the Cape Leader radio communicator talk them out of the area. And this was in 1992.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm sure that others have had these kinds of experiences. Magnetic anomalies occur allover the world.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Truth1000]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Are you crazy or what?

Nothing is that simple.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
fishy post why are you talking to yourself or have you opened up another account here?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Sorry, I let my daughter try a post.

Her views are not always consistent with mine. I fixed it though. She still wants her own laptop.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yeah people thought the Avenger was from the Speilberg movie.
That sham promoted Illuminati ETism and helped the anti Tesla
forces keep free energy farther away from us.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Since they were disciplined enough follow their leader into nowhere, why would they display a lack of discipline when it came to smoking? These two instances seem quite contradictory.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Most "jet fuel" is actually very hard to ignite. I highly doubt cigarettes are to blame. The fuel we use in the military you can hold an open flame to for a couple of minutes and it still wont ignite. I have tried LOL

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The discipline of the pilots of the torpedo bombers is different from that of "cabin" aircrew members.

As for the ignition theory, inside the cabins of aircraft are a number of fumes, from aviation fuel (which IS more like kerosine than gasoline), hydraulic fluids, lubricants, and so forth. The combination of fumes can create a volatile combination.

I was in the cabin of an HH-3 helicopter when such a combination started an in-flight fire, so I know it can happen. Fortunately, we had just taken off and had a 3-mile long runway to land on, with a Fire-Rescue team just a few hundred feet away.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

You are correct... HOWEVER, in that time period ALL of our operational aircraft used gasoline engines of the horizontally opposed, or radial type. The 100/130 octane gasoline they burned is HIGHLY flammable. Jet fuel is essentially thin diesel fuel. (It's also cheaper than AVGAS, at least here...4.20 for Jet A, and 4.85 for 100LL AVGAS...and I LOVE the smell of both)

Aaaanyway, given a fuel leak, an ignition source, and time for the vapor to accumulate to a high enough concentration, an aircraft can "explode", as Gasoline vapors are HIGHLY explosive. I have seen jet fuel clouds explode to, but they take a lot more provocation to do so. I saw it during a "Hot" refuel of a blackhawk. The fuel nozzle disconnected from the fill port, and the rotor wash picked up a lot of the fuel, some of it contacting the exhaust of one of the engines. A flash fire ensued. No damage, or injuries, other than the other crew chief, who was wearing synthetic boxers had his "naughty bits" as the British are fond of calling them, shrink wrapped. (I was the other guy who the "shrink wrappee" made fun of for being cautious and actually wearing cotton) You're better off freeballin' than wearing silk, or polyester under nomex.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The most recent theory on Flight 19, which is backed up by multiple unidentified radar contacts 6 hours after bingo fuel, is that the flight actually crashed in the Okefenokee Swamp on the Fla-Ga border. Apparently there were 3 seperate , 2 military, 1 civvy radar, that picked up a contact that consisted of 6 unknowns flying in formation headed inland over the border, from the Atlantic, making landfall right around New Smyrna, Fl. No radio contact was made, and the mere fact that 6hours after the flight should have hit bingo fuel, these contacts were made is just one more mystery. No contacts were picked up on the far side, with the course extrapolated out, so it is thought that is where the TBM's are.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I watched a documentory of the Bermuda Triangle and it linked a possibility of the Phidelphia Experiment. I find that theory most interesting. Especially when they showed Okefenokee Swamp and the NASA Station. They put forward a interesting theory about the missing airmen. I think it was flight 19 too.

new topics

top topics

join