It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security hits fan with taser at mlb game

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As someone who has had Yankee season tickets for 14 years (sorry Dog) I have seen my share of people run onto the field for various reasons. The New York City police and the Yankee Stadium security personel have always gang-tackled anyone who ran onto the field, either during, or after the game, everytime I have witnessed this type of behavior while at the Stadium.

And as a fan, I personally think everyone of those childish cretins had it coming. Stay off the field and stop acting like an attention-starved moron.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

And do you Brother also support the tazing of people now for running onto the field? .... Tackling wasn't enough? Not even mentioning the fact that they tased an underaged kid.. but what ever..

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

This is almost completely off-topic but I think I've contributed enough to this thread in order to ask the question,

Rock-puck: Do you realize that yourself and AugustusMasonicus have almost identical Titles? Is that coincidence? I'm just really interested

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

I think that would be coincidence.. unless Augustus is trying to copy my ultra coolness ... which he may..

Or it could be we are both Masons and students of History. I dunno. I like to think he's copy my coolness.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
And do you Brother also support the tazing of people now for running onto the field? .... Tackling wasn't enough? Not even mentioning the fact that they tased an underaged kid.. but what ever..

I have seen worse then tazing at Yankee Stadium. At the last game of the old Stadium this dip-fecee ran out after the game and was summarily pummeled by at least five officers, one whom was on horseback. I distinctly recall one of the officers coming out of the pile shaking his hand like he might have clocked someone a bit too hard up side the old brain-box. Oh well, do not run on the field.

If it were me and I was out there, how are you supposed to judge intent? Most are semi-harmless attention-starved drunkards. But how do you predict something like what happened to the Royals first base coach? I say Carlton Fisk all of them with a Louisville Slugger.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
This is almost completely off-topic but I think I've contributed enough to this thread in order to ask the question,

Rock-puck: Do you realize that yourself and AugustusMasonicus have almost identical Titles? Is that coincidence? I'm just really interested

The 'High Level Mason' thing is just an inside joke as everyone always says, "You will never know anything unless you are a high level Mason."

I will admit, I did pattern the second line after Rock. But then again, he is just in love with History, I actually study it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Tasers are for wussies.

They need a sniper set up to shoot you in the leg if you decide to bolt.
If you wanna streak, you get a paintball to the fruit basket.

Then again they could just beat down fans with a billy club, which would be much more macho than a little shock machine.

I am reminded of phage's "big bootie" avatar getting his shock on!

(FWIW I think tasers are higly missused, however the attention whores that run out on the field are the perfect target, and should be awarded points for how well they flop when zapped)

Slap

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Why risk tackling the subject and getting a security professional or law enforcement officer injured? The actions of a fool do not demand that those who provide protection need to get injured while detaining these fools.

I had someone ask me once, "don't you think its wrong to taze someone with that?" My reply was, "I'll remember that if I ever come across you getting mugged, I'll just use this instead (pointing to my Glock 17) because I wouldn't want you to think I'm doing you wrong."

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Authoritarian non-sense. I guess some of you people here don't stand for freedom. Oh well, your choice. Just make sure you don't complain if it's used on you.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Fangula]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlickOil
reply to post by Untergang

Tasers werent really meant to replace the gun. They were intended to replace beating someone into compliance with a night stick and brute physical force.

There is one more factor... "Shock Therapy" treats depression... Shock therapy works. Not saying a taser is like clinical shock therapy... however, it is a shock.... that would tend to reset the mind, it might even have been what some people needed. So there are some possible benefits to the person and thus society from its use.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fangula

If one is not doing anything wrong then no one has anything to fear. Your statement comes across as if it's based in anti authortian rhetoric rather than common sense in which people who do not do things to get tazed don't need to worry about. Pretty much common sense instead of anti babble will serve people much better.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

The frequency of shock therapy is lower than that of a Taser BUT it depends on the treatment that the therapy is applied towards. Some shock therapy can be as high. It isn't the volts that kill you, its the amps you need to worry about. Most Tasers deliver 50,000 volts with .5 amps which is enough to drop most people.

[edit on 5/9/2010 by mikelee]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
reply to post by Fangula

If one is not doing anything wrong then no one has anything to fear. Your statement comes across as if it's based in anti authortian rhetoric rather than common sense in which people who do not do things to get tazed don't need to worry about. Pretty much common sense instead of anti babble will serve people much better.

That is authoritarian sentiment. "If you're not a criminal, and you don't have anything to worry about, then it shouldn't matter if we're spying on you", for instance. It's garbage, man. Garbage. Of course, this has nothing to do with spying, but it can be applied to the tasers, or any authoritarian bull. Of course, you probably believe in government like most people. So, I can see why you believe what you do. My statement is anti-authoritarian rhetoric, just as yours is pro-authoritarian. If you like there to be people to tell you how to live your life, then that's fine. Though, those tasers can easily be misused, and have been many times. People have also died from them.

In this case, I definitely think that the taser was misused. It was just some fan running into the field -- I doubt he had any intention of hurting anyone.
I can only see tasers being used as self-defense (or to help protect someone else against obvious impending harm) as fair use. The way some police officers use the taser is ridiculous.

Peace, one love.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fangula

I agree with the last point of your post - Used in self defense only, and that is how they should be used NOT for just subduing a fan running onto the field but as I stated, if there was a weapon seen or other item that may been used as a weapon carried by the subject then it would have been warranted to use the Taser. But for just a fan onto the field the person who is security or police should excersise the best possible judgement in those situations. In that one, it was deemed appropiate. Lets just hope it was justified.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fangula

As for myself "believing in government", I stopped during the last year of my career in fed law after witnessing the change from public service commitment towards military style operations. I spent 23 years in service and my last 4 in the exec level and the switch from serving the public to oppressing it became obvious after Waco. And thats when the shift really became apparent. So no, I do not believe in government 100% but on the same note, the government is elected by the people and I also place some of the blame on our current lazy assed society who talks a good game but comes up short when they cite problems with government yet refuse, fail or just do not care to take action (legally) to correct it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
reply to post by Fangula

As for myself "believing in government", I stopped during the last year of my career in fed law after witnessing the change from public service commitment towards military style operations. I spent 23 years in service and my last 4 in the exec level and the switch from serving the public to oppressing it became obvious after Waco. And thats when the shift really became apparent. So no, I do not believe in government 100% but on the same note, the government is elected by the people and I also place some of the blame on our current lazy assed society who talks a good game but comes up short when they cite problems with government yet refuse, fail or just do not care to take action (legally) to correct it.

I see. Well, it's good you were able to see the change taking place. I do not agree that the government is truly elected by the people, but I do agree that a large portion of responsibility is in the hands of the people; because we, as citizens, have allowed this oppression to fester and materialize. I'm very tired, so this may sound contradictory: but just as we do not truly *elect* our government at the highest levels, we do not truly *elect* the oppression. We just stand by the wayside, observing it and letting it happen when it does, if we do at the very least perceive it to be happening.

Back on topic, though. I have not seen a video of it but from the information I do have regarding the incident, I do not think it was justified to tase the guy. The situation was within the judgement of the enforcer, but I do not think he or she exercised good judgement. Just my opinion.

Edit: P.S. my apologies for making an ignorant assumption about your stance on the concept of government.

Peace, one love.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Fangula]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fangula

Fangula,

No problem. We all have different opinions and take on things, its good to talk them out and find out that we are all not really different from each other after all

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join