It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. reveals it has 5,113 nuclear warheads

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

This administration is hell bent on the destruction of the US. The destruction is not by poor judgment but is rather deliberate. God help us if we can't get this guy out of office soon

I truly believe that Obama and his wife do wish to destroy the American way of life, as it has been, prior to his administration. He has been indoctrinated by a combination of his communist mentors and his Islamic upbringing, into believing the propaganda that he was raised with. To him, the "middle class" and "upper class" don't deserve the style that they WORKED FOR", and the "lower class" deserve the spoils of the toils of those who worked for it.
I don't say this lightly. However, there are so many indicators for this premise, that it is hard NOT to accept the premise.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

The 1967 treaty, that the US signed and ratified, expressly forbids the use of space and military weapons. Any such violations would have serious consequences for the violating nation.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

lol 'Americans' (United states Citizens) crack me up

I know this is a generalisation, but jesus you're a funny, knee-jerk lot!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

OK I can buy into that. But it is true that the radicals have a prescription for change that involves plunging the current order into chaos. I think this is one reason why terrorism is a legitimate tool in the rules for radicals and why Ayers is unrepentant for the people he actually killed. In fact I believe he said that he wished he had killed more government workers.

This has been part of the strategy of communist cells for a hundred years. It's playing out in America beyond their wildest dreams. They have full control of both the executive and legislative branches. It is no cooincidence that the communist party USA has essentially merged with the democratic party. All of their platform has been adopted.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

The 1967 treaty, that the US signed and ratified, expressly forbids the use of space and military weapons. Any such violations would have serious consequences for the violating nation.

You think a treaty would stop it? You forgot a big loophole in that treaty-it does not ban "domestic" applications of said technology.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

You think a treaty would stop it? You forgot a big loophole in that treaty-it does not ban "domestic" applications of said technology.

Look at the recent launch of the X-37, can hang around for 270 days in orbit. Payload big enough to be used for a kinetic weapon. Also the treaty only works on WMD's

Although the SALT II (1979) prohibited the deployment of orbital weapons of mass destruction, it did not prohibit the deployment of conventional weapons. The weapon inflicts damage because it moves at orbital velocities, at least 9 kilometers per second.

The amount of energy released by the largest version (Power pole size will fit in X-37) when it hits the ground is roughly comparable to a small nuclear weapon or very large conventional bomb.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Beijing, Hong Kong, Moscow, Mumbai, Delhi, Islamabad, Rome, Paris, Berlin, London, Tokyo, Manila, Colombo, Bangkok, Durban, Cape Town, Sydney, Melbourne...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Why is this topic even of interest, everyone should know by now that Russia and the US have thousands of nuclear warheads, especially if you're on ATS.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
he...he...he... no need for any wars against america when there own arsenal of weapons can do the job on it's own people.
would make one dirty great big hole on american soil if something were to happen or it's need of all these having to be disposed off.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

How do we know that is how much they have? Are they gonna let the IAEA inspect America? I smell bullsh1t..

They won't tell their enemies how many they have..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

As we speak the new numbers are furiously being worked into the attack plan. Of this I am certain. We've actually only averted an all out assault during the cold war by the grace of God.

The players are many and quite capable. Think Russia, China, N. Korea, Iran , many other Muslim nations and perhaps even Mexico. America is universally hated world wide, almost as much as Israel. There is a spiritual reason for this, but that is out of topic.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Looks like we've actually down-graded quite a bit. 5,113 is nothing compared to what we had ready during the cold war. Just think what we could do with 31,255. Of course it should be noted that the accuracy of missiles has greatly improved. I wonder if the amount of destruction has actually decreased all that much. What's the total warhead size in megatons compared to the cold war era? All good questions.

In a report prepared by the U.S. Department of Defense, the stockpile is numbered as of Sept. 20, 2009. It’s an 84 percent decrease from the maximum of 31,255 in 1967, according to the report.

theklaxon.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f8e57e9af29.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e512644c05b3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
We had 5 times as many at one point. What is the big deal? I think pretty much everyone was aware that the US and Soviets both had enough nukes to destroy the world many times over.

This is no secret. Its just the result of a 40 year cold war with the Soviet Union. The idea back then was that each side had to have more nukes then the other. It was pretty rediculous when you think about it. Why waste more money to build nukes when you already have enough to destroy earth several times over?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join