It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis pay .05 a gallon and we pay 2.00 plus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Average yearly income is, as I recall $1,000 per year...........and unemployment at the 40% rate..............Yes. Even at .05 .........It is a tad on the high side, I would say

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
While we Americans are paying 2.00 + for a gallon of gas...Iraqis are paying only .05 a gallon. Isn't it great for us taxpayers to be such a help for the iraqi people? So much for America benfiting from increased exports of oil from iraq.

The price of gas isn't as cheap as it may appear, the information as it was presented there doesn't accurately represent how much they actually pay compared to how much we pay. Look at this:

Iraq GDP per captia = $2,400 (And this is even skewed a little from the actual average per capita, because those few in control of the oil get WAY more than everyone else, which makes the figure alot higher than it should be.)
USA GDP per capita = $36,300

If gas is $0.05 in Iraq, that would be equivelant to about $0.76 to us in the US. Add Federal Tax, State Tax, and Local Tax, which in SOME places is near $1.00. Then add how much it would cost to ship oil accross the Atlantic. Then add a few cents for the gas stations/Oil company's profit (we live in a capitalistic economic system) to total the $2.00+ we are paying here.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by sillinous]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It was a poor choice of words as I am not a big drinker myself but I have family member who is and that is why it was upsetting.

Your apology is accepted.

Alot of information has come out in this post and that is why discussion forums are great. Other members have information that you may not of had without the discussion which enables you to see other ways.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
No problems here...........I don't take this place too seriously because it is not.............REALITY..............It�s all make-believe�����

And I agree, you can learn lots, get the gift of learning hoe others see things................... and alone the way bump into some real fine folks.........You know 95% OF Americans are hard working, decent, family oriented, kind and generous folk...............Speaking for myself, I need, at times to remember that...........IMHO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join