It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunt is on for missing Conn. man who bought car bomb Nissan just 2 weeks ago on Craigslist Read mor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Hunt is on for missing Conn. man who bought car bomb Nissan just 2 weeks ago on Craigslist Read more: www.nydailynews.com...[/h eadline]
w ww.nydailynews.com

A Connecticut man was being sought Monday in the failed plot to blow up a bomb-laden SUV in Times Square, sources said.

This "person of interest" bought the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder that was abandoned with the engine running - and with primitive, but potentially deadly payload in the rear - just two weeks ago, law enforcement and police sources told The Daily News.

Investigators aren't certain whether he is the same man who drove the rolling bomb to the Crossroads of the World, but he has not been seen by his girlfriend - and has not shown up at his home or job - since the frightening i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It looks like the guy was from Pakistan and there are international connections. I wont say Al-Qaeda because of the crude design of the car bomb. It will be interesting to see if there are any south park connections. Im sure there will be much more information on the suspect soon. Hmm need to say more somehow................ Ok IMO I dont believe this to be a smoke screen for the oil spill , but who knows?

w ww.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
ooo what city in CT? i live in CT!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The MSM just now, stated that the FBI spoke with the owner and he is NOT a suspect. This might be interesting to follow!

[edit on 5/3/2010 by mikelee]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It always amazes me how the Taliban and terrorists in general have us pretty bogged down in A-stan and Osama has never been found, yet they can barely manage to do anything correctly in their attempts at terrorism on US soil. I smell something very very fishy here folks!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So now that they know who they're looking for, it won't take long to find him. What kind of "forensic evidence" can link a person to terrorists? I think this could easily be something that is a one-man mission but is spinned by the MSM/TPTB into a huge terrorist plot used to remind the West of its enemies.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They sure have spin it off from looking for the white guy in his 40's earlier in the day to a Pakistani-American

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

40-year old white guy with forensic data to suggest that he has links with foreign terrorists, undoubtedly from the middle east. I'm sure you won't hear that they're looking for a white guy anymore.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here is another news link from ABC news . It has some more info on suspect.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is defintely going to turn into another 1993/2001 WTC attack on American soil. That attack set bin Laden as the enemy then and now it is setting Pakistan as the enemy.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

If it was a caucasion male that was the prime suspect they would be linking him to militia groups right now. Whoever it is they have to link him to a group in order to instill maximum fear in the citizenry. People will be scared if he is linked to a group because then they think "oh no, there are more people like that who want to do the same thing and I want to be "protected", please take all my rights away".

This makes me so angry that I want to vomit.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

The first thought was that he was white and part of a militia group. Now that the Taliban in Pakistan have claimed responsibility, his allegiances are shifting to a foreign terrorist organzation. There is more fear in foreign terrorists than militias at the moment so, like you said, pinning him as a person who spent time in Pakistan is causing the most fear.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How about a disgruntled used car salesman who hates Craigs list. How long before some politican tries to ban people selling their own cars. It is an election year and all

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How about a disgruntled used car salesman who hates Craigs list. How long before some politican tries to ban people selling their own cars. It is an election year and all

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hello,
If the guy had any help (conspiracy) I don't see how the two or more people can forget to open-up the valves on the LPG tanks. That's a huge component, piece of the puzzle. I don't know how explosives work. But it seems to me that they/he forgot to open the valves. Whatever little "boom" was heard, that, I think, should've been enough to ignite the fumes being leaked and caused the intended outcome. Because the guy forgot to open the valves, that tells me he was working by himself.

Or, if it was a staged failure; on purpose, then I'd say it was a conspiracy. But smoke, and left idling, the guy acted alone. Plain and simple. He's probably a CIA guy that didn't want to comply, now being painted as a terrorist to further whatever agenda is being applied.

And, as we well know, the real story won't be told by the MSM. Look at how that Joe Stack story got raped.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

No. The gasoline flares up and when help arrives the propane blows from the heat before it can be cooled and takes anyone near with it. Two stage bomb plans are being shown on many sights on the internet. No matter, it's pretty damned easy and stupid to get blown up yourself playing with stuff like this.
Also, If it was a white guy it still could be terrorists affiliated with Al Queda. The guys that wrote those threats to South Park are converts and white Americans! It was directly across from Viacom. They own Comedy Central!
Zindo

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by loveguy

No. The gasoline flares up and when help arrives the propane blows from the heat before it can be cooled and takes anyone near with it. Two stage bomb plans are being shown on many sights on the internet. No matter, it's pretty damned easy and stupid to get blown up yourself playing with stuff like this.
Also, If it was a white guy it still could be terrorists affiliated with Al Queda. The guys that wrote those threats to South Park are converts and white Americans! It was directly across from Viacom. They own Comedy Central!
Zindo

Hello,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Al Queda has been debunked. There's no such organization by that name.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
How many Muslims are in times square at any given moment?

Viacom? Uh-uh, ain't buying it. Trey and Matt censored themselves, or got censored by the bigwigs. Mossad agent if any organization was involved, IMO.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
ooo what city in CT? i live in CT!

Ziggy, rumor has it, he lived near Regis!

kidding!

I was going to some how lay blame on "Travis the Chimp", but forgot he is in monkey or gorilla heaven!!, same town my brother & you live! Yikes.

I guess the white Caucasian male kind of, Now, turns into
Not a white Caucasian male after all.

No DHLS, FBI, NYPD, CIA, AMA, NBA, ABC,NBC, CBS, TSA, (sorry, got carried away!) arrived within minutes....? Minutes?!!! Are you kidding me?

A war veteran and vender as the first responder!

Lady's and Gent's, We are truly ON OUR OWN!

We are running out of Mulligans and the clock is Ticking!

Big Sis is too busy profiling the right wing, god fearing, constitutional abiding, white male christian conservatives.

After they are through with us, You Are Next!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A man suspected of attempting to detonate a car bomb in New York City has been arrested. Faisal Shahzad, a US citizen of Pakistani origin, is accused of driving the explosives-laden car into Times Square on Saturday evening. He is due to appear in court in Manhattan later. US Attorney General Eric Holder said Mr Shahzad was arrested at John F Kennedy Airport attempting to board a flight to Dubai.

Well , look like they got him.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Wonderful....the guy that bought the car lived two streets over from me!
I haven't seen a picture yet but It will be interesting to see if I recognize him! I walk this whole neighborhood in the evening! I have passed his residence many times!
Zindo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join