It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boost for disarmament talks as US reveals size of nuclear arsenal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Boost for disarmament talks as US reveals size of nuclear arsenal

www.timesonline.co.uk

The United States revealed the size of its nuclear arsenal last night in an unprecedented attempt to galvanise efforts to rid the world of nuclear weapons.

The US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, announced the declassification of one of the Pentagon’s most closely guarded secrets at the opening day of a critical international meeting on global disarmament. It shows that the US stockpile consists of 5,113 nuclear warheads and “several thousand” more retired warheads that await dismantling.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Is nice to see this,is about time the world leaders woke up abit,maybe obama isnt as bad as some think he is,i for one salute him for this.

“We will all be judged not for our words but for our actions. Not how assertively we claim our rights, but how we uphold our obligations,” Mrs Clinton said. ~quote from source

thankyou for your time

regards

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I disagree OP. You never let your enemy know what you have or what you will do. To do so almost certainly guarentees Defeat.

Obama has never ran any business in his life. He has never Served in the Military. Yet he tells the World what we have?

America born July 4, 1776 Died January 20, 2010 Cause of death Suicide!

Molon Labe!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Why would I believe this to be a legitimate release of classified info. This is the US government. Saying how many nukes they have is as trustworthy if they said they had a unicorn too.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
I disagree OP. You never let your enemy know what you have or what you will do. To do so almost certainly guarentees Defeat.

Obama has never ran any business in his life. He has never Served in the Military. Yet he tells the World what we have?

America born July 4, 1776 Died January 20, 2010 Cause of death Suicide!

Molon Labe!

Maybe in the case of new military hardware or vehicles, but not in the case of nukes, they're going to drive up the fear from other nations, especially since 5000 is quite a large number.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think they should just keep like 1000;
For asteroids or whatever

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
All you need in ONE nuke...letting the enemy know you have 5000 is not showing weakness. That is showing power.

And what makes people think this is something other nations didn't know already? Hell, I thought it would be much higher...not that I'd want it to be.

Some people bitch just to bitch.

We don't need 5000 nukes....the world doesn't need 5000 nukes.

top topics

join