Examining the Hash House Harriers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh, one last thing you had asked about was the contributions the hash make to society. This isnt "proof" but here's a link to a thank you note for a semi-charity run put on by one of the hashes:groups.google.com...

Also, back in February, another hash put on a similar run to benifit Hati as well. I couldnt find any links to confirm this run, but since I was there, I guess thats confirmation enough for arguements sake.

As far as the hazing thing goes, Ive yet to see any hazing to the degree you mention. Perhaps youre playing devils advocate and finding the worst example to make your arguement. Yes, there might be a fewhashes that are hardcore in their practices. But in my experience, 4 different kennels on 2 continents, I saw nothing but adult mischief and a little poking fun of he or she. No wosre than in any major sports locker room.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Lancero]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
[edit on 10-7-2010 by Lancero]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Accidentally posted 3 times. Just deleting

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here's another link to the hashers contributing to society. Not that it matters, but I believe I have countered your arguement with sufficient evidence of hashers doing something within the community and beyond. Yeh, we're a bunch silly half-minds that run around and drink beer, but hey, we like doing it. That should be all the reason you need for why we do it & answer your question of "WHY"? (Hopefully this link will endure for a bit.)

h4.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lancero

You're very persistent!

In my opinion, they still don't do enough to outweight the desensitization that goes on.

Did you know that the Hash is depicted in the book/movie Pinocchio (Published in 1940)?

"Back on the right path, Pinocchio is stopped again by Foulfellow the Fox who lures him into going to “Pleasure Island”, a place with no school (knowledge) and laws (morals). Kids can eat, drink, smoke, fight and destroy at will, all under the watchful eye of The Coachman.
Pleasure Island is a metaphor for the “profane life” characterized by ignorance, the search for instant gratification and the satisfaction of the one’s lowest impulses. The coachman encourages this behavior knowing it is a perfect method to create slaves. The boys who indulge enough into this dumbed-down lifestyle turn into donkeys and are then exploited by The Coachman to work in a mine. Another rather grim depiction, this time of the ignorant masses.
Pinocchio himself starts to turn into a donkey. In esoteric terms he is closer to his material self, personified by this stubborn animal, than his spiritual self. This portion of the story is a literary reference to Apuleius’ The Metamorphoses or Golden Ass, a classic work studied in Mystery schools such as Freemasonry.
The Metamorphoses describes the adventures of Lucius who is tempted by the wonders of magic, because of his foolishness, turns himself into an ass. This leads to a long and arduous journey where he is finally saved by Isis and joins her Mystery cult. The story of the Metamorphoses bears many resemblances with Pinocchio by its story line, its spiritual allegory and its theme of occult initiation.
Pinocchio, once he regained his conscience, escaped the prison of profane life and escaped Pleasure Island."
vigilantcitizen.com...

The above is not my analysis, but it seems very coincidental that these references mirror hash activities to a 'T'.
Trust me, I've heard from a hasher, who shall remain nameless, of what goes on at the private camps you folks hold.

I could attend a hash, but I would never be considered "worthy" of being introduced to the real activities that the hash is actually all about.

Hashers that get caught up in it eventually succumb to Hive mentality. Soon, they can't get out since this is where all their friends are. Then, they are left with two choices:
1. Stay in & keep their friends
2. Get out & have to find new friends

The Red Dress run is symbolic of satanic worship.
If you would research the website I've been referencing, you would be able to see that I'm not shooting in the dark when I say that the hash is a cult designed for the sole purpose of ridding people of their moral & ethical fiber.

Once they've become completely indoctrinated, they go on to have kids & bring them to the family hashes where their children are exposed to moral decay as well.

I will never attend a hash & I hope that people will read my research & decide against participating in ritualistic activities that are designed to break down their morals & values.

I'm sorry that you feel the strong need to defend your group to the point where you have continually posted to this thread without even mentioning any of the research or information I have gathered.

Isn't it plain as day to you? I was invited, but the invitation was withdrawn as soon as I started asking questions related to the immoral activities & sexual perversions of its members?

You haven't even commented on Monarch Programming.
Hashing is directly related to this type of mind control which instills in its victims that sex equals love & pain equals pleasure.

We have enough rules to follow in everyday life. I don't ever want to lower my moral values or have people watch while I perform oral sex on someone. I know that goes on at the camps because I heard it first hand from a hasher who attended one this past May.

You know I know what I'm talking about.

If one or two charity events a year help keep the hash looking productive to fool the masses, so be it. I have no need to achieve a hive mentality & I'm sorry you do.

The moral decay of this country is quickly snapping up everyone & I'm just here to stop one more "virgin" from becoming indoctrinated into a club that stands for nothing but debauchery, hedonism, & immorality.

Have fun on your next ice throne.

Cheers!

Edit to Add: Please use this thread for any further comments:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thank you.

Edit to add: Here is a Video titled "How to Brainwash a Nation". It is directly related to the link I added just above this, but it will give you a better idea of how social conditioning & brainwashing is achieved through the means of destroying people's morals.
www.youtube.com...
I hope it helps to open your eyes as well as the eyes of your fellow hashers.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Afterthought]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
1. Most hash kennels do not make any money (and, that certainly isn’t the purpose of their existence in any event), as most only charge their members $4 or $5 per run. All of that money goes toward buying beer, flour, chalk, and snacks for the next run. I’ve never known a kennel that had any cash reserves, and, if they do, it’s minimal and doesn’t last more than a few months. Why? Hashing is not a business, nor is it a religion: it’s a running club that drinks. Period.

2. Most kennels do not contribute to society. Why your obsession with this point? Hash kennels exist to have fun: running, drinking and laughing. Does your local soccer club contribute to society? Do the lads who gather in the pub to throw darts contribute to society? No, they do not. Who cares? Also, please see point #1 above – most kennels don’t have any money to contribute in any event.

3. Are you familiar with the concept of “humor” and/or “satire”? Based on your posts thus far, I’d have to say “no, you do not.” Having said that, I understand why your “friend” hasn’t invited you to a hash run. All of the hash “rituals” are satirical in nature: intentional knock-offs of religious rituals, political rituals, etc. Hence, your amazing ability to identify similarity to religious and/or Masonic “rituals”. Congratulations, Einstein!

4. Are you criminally insane?

5. Sex. Yes, some members of hash kennels talk about and think about sex. Some people even take off their clothes on occasion. I’ve been known to disrobe before showering, and I’ve even fathered a child - not at a hash, mind you, but sex does occur. Hashers are not hermits, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
why on earth does one need to escape reality just to enjoy reality,...

it just dont make sence

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is a really informative thread, but now I'm wondering why a hashish trafficker would create a money-laundering group called "the hash."

BTW, the Assassins were one of the major sources of inspiration for Freemasonry. Some say that the Assassins also instructed the Knights Templar.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

So, you’ve never felt the need to escape from reality? Never played a video game? Never watched sports on TV while drinking a beer? And, you can’t understand how that temporary vacation from reality might enhance/re-charge one’s batteries to better experience life and all its wonderful attributes?

Forget hashers and their temporary escapes from reality. The more pertinent question is: What planet did you escape from?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Excellent research thread. Just today I was thinking of joining the local Hash because running and drinking beer are two of my main passions in life.. But I've always been extremely wary of this club and what I consider to be its drunken and sinister rugby club style rites.

As a student I knew a member of the university rugby club and they had various unusual acts of initiation such as all members masturbating into a glass of milk which the initiate would then have to drink. These fellows were all privately educated and a couple of the guys were in the territorial army.

Clearly this 'rugby club' was a cover for something else, some kind of continuation of the abuse and humiliation based mind control programme which these young men experienced at boarding school.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
So...I saw at least one comment from a real hasher like myself. I didn't have the patience to go through all of them though so I'm going to ask: Afterthought, have you ever even been to a hash? There's lots of drinking, sometimes modesty is thrown to the wind, and a few things that do really push the envelope. And yes we have our silly mock rituals and bawdy songs. Are fraternities and sororities (valued college traditions) any different? The difference is that for us it's in jest. It's fun. No one is shunned for not being around for a while. I didn't attend my hash for months do to work, and was always welcomed at the barstool next to a fellow hasher and at afterparties if I was able to attend. Finally, I'm highly offended by your "sheeple" statement. I joined out of curiosity and attend because I enjoy seeing different and very beautiful parts of the island I live on, getting a workout while I do it, and having a good time with friends afterwards. My choice, not blindly following seeking acceptance from the "cool" kids.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
This is a really informative thread, but now I'm wondering why a hashish trafficker would create a money-laundering group called "the hash."

BTW, the Assassins were one of the major sources of inspiration for Freemasonry. Some say that the Assassins also instructed the Knights Templar.

dam good game,dam good group and did i just not see a interview with my good friend Howard Marx , interviewed in the stone mason arms pub.lol
,i think they get a pass on this one.howard appears every where,all the time.
interesting thread guys

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
As an RA at the Okinawa hash, I would like to say that everything you say is true and it runs deeper than you can imagine.

www.okinawahash.com

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
***************I knew it was just a matter of time before I ran across "sheeple" in the comments. How's the money laundering going, gents?
Friday at 4:18pm · Unlike · 1..

***************"I know for a fact that the hashers are mostly comprised of intelligent people. I just would like to see them do something because they are certainly more powerful than the general...See More
Friday at 4:20pm via mobile · Unlike · 3..

***************Thanks for posting this! A new place to troll!!!
Friday at 4:30pm via mobile · Like · 3..

***************--Trolling trolling trolling, keep those comments trolling, troll ON!!!
Friday at 5:41pm · Like..

***************Let the trolling begin haHA!
Friday at 5:55pm · Like..

***************#en trolls... its hilarious thought if your trolling a troll.

*************** That is great!!!
Friday at 11:50pm · Like..

***************Someone drag that asshat to trail and let him try to talk to omakase about hash finances, I'm sure omakase would give them a wealth of information with one hand.
Saturday at 1:11am · Edited · Unlike · 1..

*****************Afterthought is a friggin whack job. Hehe "wack job".
Saturday at 12:59pm via mobile · Like..

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Did you ever think that the invitation was revoked when you began questioning whether the group were perverted heathens? I would be offended if I invited someone to come to an outing and those were the questions I got in return.

While they may get rowdy, and some of the groups probably get crazier than others, I am sure whoever invited you was worried of a few things when you asked those questions. That you would embarrass him or her by asking everyone in the hash (Their friends!) if they've done or seen XYZ or XYZ because you've read this or that. And that if anything even remotely over the top happened that you would take it as something more than what it was, them just blowing off steam.

Every organization can have it's bad apples. Even in the churches, but you can't assume that because of them that the entire group is bad as well. The person who invited you probably just got scared off and you can't really blame them.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Don't worry, you all don't seem like the type that would get invited back out to our hash. That being said, you are all free to show up whenever you want, we will accept anyone. There are alot of people taht show up once and never come back. We do have people that show up and never go away, thats when they usualy get a stupid or annoying name.

Here is an idea, get out of your moms basement and go attend a hash and see what we are "coving up".

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
www.harriermagazine.com...
Not so secret society. You can subscribe to the online edition of the magazine or get the hard copy.
If you look up the Saigon Hash they recently raised money for a local orphanage. Photos of their donations online.
Overall the fun is tongue in cheek but like with any grouping of people you will have those who are more extreme than others. Jimmy Buffet concerts have pot smoking, alcoholic binge drinking and public nudity taking place by self proclaimed "Parrot Heads" but by no means would most rational people consider parrot heads to be some sort of catalyst for destroying society.

The rituals and songs are not that much different than post-rugby parties. They share a lot of common songs. Most participants enjoy bawdy humor, not much different than what you may enjoy at a renaissance festival. Maybe a bit more vulgar but of the same sense of humor and levity.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wow! This thread is getting much more attention these days.
First, I didn't write this thread for the approval of hashers. I wrote it so that new people who are thinking of joining can use the information herein to inform themselves better instead of going in blind, which is exactly what seems to be annoying dedicated hashers.
To begin, I always hated people who shunned questions whether it be teachers or anyone who chastises those who seek answers. From my observations, people who don't like to answer questions have alterior motives and don't believe in transparency. At least Masons will entertain questions from potential initiates about their lodge activities. Some have said I was uninvited because I wanted some questions answered. Why do questions bother you folks? I guess questions cause hashers to look inside themselves and the picture isn't pleasant.

To sum things up, I don't find it f*n to humiliate or be humiliated. I've been humiliated by "friends" in the past and it wasn't fun. I guess I didn't enjoy the humiliation because I wasn't drunk. I've also never taken a few drinks and decided that it would be fun to humiliate someone I cared about. Again, notice how I replaced the 'u' in fun with an asterisk the way the word 'run' is spelled 'r*n'. It's because YOU ('u') don't matter. You're only there to act as fresh blood. Hashers often defend their callous actions by condemning the newby for not having "thicker skin" and suggest that they get some. This is typically how bullies defend their actions. It's always the victim's fault if they get hurt. If someone enjoys being mean spirited, they're the one with the problem; not the sensitive person.
If someone is your true friend, they respect your feelings and don't dish out more ridicule or stupid suggestions for how 'u' can change.

For those who have said that I'm the one who doesn't know what fun is, you're right. I don't share your opinion of fun. I don't enjoy being around people who are determined to make others uncomfortable. I don't want to be around people who enjoy humiliating others. I don't enjoy being around those who allow themselves to be humiliated. I don't think it's fun to have my personal space invaded.
From the physical and psychological abuse I've read about, it seems as though most of you had a very disturbing childhood where abuse was administered by someone close. So now, in order to show affection towards others, being abusive is the only way of expressing that you have feelings for someone. It's sort of like the second generation of Stockholm Syndrome where the victim falls in love with their abuser and learns that being abusive is a means of demonstrating your feelings. The alcohol is there as a scapegoat. If someone hurts someone else, it's the alcohol's fault. Hashers might as well believe that guns actually kill people on their own and the person who pulled the trigger shouldn't be at fault or punished.

I also have a hard time believing that none of 'u' can see the irony of the "half mind" slogan. It's strangely symbolic of a lobotomy. When lobotomies are done, the part of the brain that's destroyed is where the emotions and feelings are stored. It's as if hashers celebrate desensitization, which reminds me of the Cremation of Care ceremony performed annually at Bohemian Grove by our elites. It's just not cool to care about how you're making someone feel or if you've caused someone pain or anguish. It will always be the victim's fault and the perp will walk. This is psychopathic/sociopathic behavior. It's sick. Animals care more about their group members' feelings. Humans are supposed to be empathic and not want to hurt their fellow man or woman. The hash activities spit on this admirable quality. Kennels worship the profane. Maybe next year's interhash can be called the Profane Society as a tongue in cheek joke about the Humane Society where hounds are cared for and end up in loving homes.
Then there's the girl who was raped and murdered.
pwoodford.net...
You'll notice that this blogger isn't concerned about the pain that the family is feeling. He doesn't appear to be able to empathize with how the family is wanting to protect other women from what may be a place where some sick and dangerous people may gravitate towards. If this blogger cared about people, he wouldn't so angered about the hash being scrutinized. Shouldn't he be more concerned about the fact that there may be a murderer among the group? Is this blogger blind? How can he not see that sick people are attracted to the stuff hashers brag about that he states is probably not true anyways. This blogger is obviously snowed and can't put himself in the place of the grieving family. Would he not want to investigate the death of his own relative if the situation were reversed? Pathetic!
(Cont.)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Another thing I find disturbing is how this blogger rants about how hashers homes have been vandalized because of this girl's family's "vigilante" activities in order learn what may have led up to this girl's death.
So, it's wrong when "puritans" vandalize property, but when hashers do it, it's in good fun and was the fault of the alcohol. Spoken like a true hypocrite.
(Warning: Link contains vulgar language and infanticide)
pwoodford.net...

So, keep telling yourselves that the hash is healthy and harmless. Just remember that alcohol is not a valid defense in court even though it's a willing scapegoat when it's convenient. Hashers should be extremely concerned with those around them and not be defending certain actions. Instead of complaining about the grieving family and criticizing their actions, extending an olive branch would've been the mature and humane thing to do. The blogger obviously has his priorities wrong and should remove his head from his ass.
* For the record, I'm not involved in any of the above situations. I simply have more empathy for victims than those who think that f*n should have no limits. I'm also not religious, but at the same time I don't find it acceptable to demonize religious people and call them "puritans", which is far, far from the truth for most of them. Just read the news. If hashers want respect, they need to walk the walk and talk the talk. I think hashers have more in common with "Bible thumpers" than they care to admit.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Afterthought,

I am sorry you aren't getting the answers you want. Ask me anything about hashing and I will be as honest with you as I can. I have been a member of the Hash House Harriers since 2003.

As you can tell, a lot of hashers have been offended by the perceived attack. I'll gladly answer anything you ask.

As far as the San Diego incident, no one ever wants to see a person get hurt. But until the authorities have determined guilt, people shouldn't go around vandalizing others houses just because they are hashers.

But His Nut

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join