It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa Tax Nazi ad - Big brother is watching you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sorry, L.HAMILTON, the search didn't turn up your thread.

I alerted the mods to close this thread. Please contribute to the ongoing discussion in this thread:

P.A.. Tax Amnesty TV ad " We Know Who You Are "

This tax ad from Pa is for real, it's not a parody.

They're trying to advertise a tax amnesty plan to encourage taxpayers to pay off their back taxes but, they come across as just plain creepy and threatening.

Ain't it wonderful when the government uses Orwellian big brother propaganda to intimidate it's poor subjects to pay their taxes?

[edit on 5/3/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

All I can say is Wow! Just Wow!!

When are the American people going to wake up and see what is being done to them? We are just here to mindlessly follow and "pay our dues" to be alive.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well, if this is real then it's not really surprising. The government and current powers can do whatever they want now. Nobody can, or will stop them. So, I guess at least they're just telling us and being honest about things rather than putting on this facade of being kind and benevolent.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I can't believe that? Is that for real? Any proof or evidence it's actually real?

I mean my god........wtf is this country coming to????????????????????

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Nice Find Sir

I swear , if that video lasted 10 more seconds , we would have seen

a SWAT team kicking down the door, and removing occupants teeth.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's a good made spot that warns people to pay their taxes. What's wrong with that? Of course that organisation knows who you are and how much money you owe them, that's been the way since forever. At least they give people the chance to stay on the good side of the law.

Of course it's threatening, how else should they do it? With a nice sing-along song on a nice green lawn? People, people....and of course it's 1984 and Big Brother and the Powers that be and the ultimate controversy.
It's just a well made spot, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Here is a direct link to their website with the video link on the bottom.

PA Tax Amnesty

It didn't take too long to find but it was kinda burried.

Say thank you FortAnthem..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Of course that commercial's real. Have you ever seen that clip anywhere else?
You can even tell that its real from how well it was made.
Big Brother propaganda indeed... but they don't care, they know people hate to read nowadays so its easy to push on people.
If I saw this commercial in my state and my name was Tom, I'd probably # myself.
But that was before I understood how f'ed up America is. Now, that isn't a surprise with all the patents we have for advanced spy equipment. It's soooo obvious that we're being watched, it's pathetic. Now they don't even have to hide it anymore.
We (Americans) are the only ones who don't know it though...
ZOMBIE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If my state ran an ad like that I would do everything I could to NOT pay my taxes.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
I can't believe that? Is that for real? Any proof or evidence it's actually real?

I mean my god........wtf is this country coming to????????????????????

Yep, it's for real.

Here is the Tax Amnesty Home page.

If you want to check out the ad on their own site, check out this link Tax Amnesty Resources and Advertizing and click on: Watch Television Commercial "We Know Who You Are".

Edit to add:
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Thanks man, you beat me to it.

[edit on 5/3/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
believe it's real. I haven't seen this particular commercial, but have heard others for the amnesty program.

though I must say, as a pennsylvania resident, they recently sent me a bill through a lawyer claiming I owe Pennsylvania Sales Tax of .14 cents. (no, that is not a misprint....fourteen cents) It cost 4x that amount to send the stupid letter, much less the cost of the lawyer. The whole thing makes me sad that our government is run so ineptly.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
It's a good made spot that warns people to pay their taxes. What's wrong with that? Of course that organisation knows who you are and how much money you owe them, that's been the way since forever. At least they give people the chance to stay on the good side of the law.
It's just a well made spot, nothing more, nothing less.

Not quite.

I work in a law firm and we have received official notices in the mail from this state program. They are real. Other law firms we work with have received the same. They are regarding income taxes, property taxes, inheritance taxes, etc. Basically any type of tax that you can think of.

The problem here is that some of these notices go back to the 1980’s. There was, in many cases, never any notice that these taxes were delinquent in the first place. In fact, when we checked our records based upon the notices we received, we found that we thought our clients’ tax obligations were paid in full. In fact, we have statements from the State confirming that they were!

But then, the friendly State turns around – again 20+ years later – and says, “ Ohhhh, when we said in 1987 that you owed $1,000 we really meant $1,500. Please pay the penalties and interest for the last 25 years on that extra $500. Oh, BTW; that 25 years of penalties and interest is about $10,000. But we’ll take $2,000 and call it even.” They just want to help (cough)

Now, as a law firm, we are prepared to fight most of these because we do have some documentation. But what is the average person supposed to do? Who the hell even keeps those kind of records? Who keeps their tax returns from 20 years ago? Answer: almost nobody and the State knows it. Even for some people with good representation and records, it still may be cheaper to just pay the State off instead of trying to fight it.

End result: most suckers – by that I mean Pennsylvania taxpayers – will get scared and think: Gee, I’d rather pay the $2,000 and be done with it.

It’s an extortion racket run by a crime syndicate that many know as the Government of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is real.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

I swear , if that video lasted 10 more seconds , we would have seen

a SWAT team kicking down the door, and removing occupants teeth.

Actually, I was expecting them to launch a tactical nuke at the house or something.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

the census gps, locates your front door. Do you honestly believe the irs cant tap that information. Even if they say they can't. They will over hype some pending fake attack and they will get what they want.

Point is yes they can do it. They have done it.Any power you give them they will use it against you.
The gov is so big they can literally do what they want, and deal with the consequences later.

You survive might be the lucky one, the court may find the gov did violate your individual liberties after 15 years of litigation and harassment. Audits,threats of impending imprisonment.

What good does that do when the money paid to you,was stolen from your family and neighbors through taxation.
They can abuse anyone they want.They will just tax you more, or cut your services.

They can choose to not enforce the laws, with no repercussions. It is simply one big criminal mafia.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join