It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic ash cloud return grounds Irish flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Volcanic ash cloud return grounds Irish flights

news.bbc.co.uk

The Irish Aviation Authority have grounded all flights in and out of the Republic from 0700 BST on Tuesday due to volcanic ash drifting from Iceland.

The IAA said the restrictions will be in place until at least 1300 BST.

The aviation authourity said over-flights of Irish airspace from the UK and Europe will not be affected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here we go again?Wonder if it will affect british airspace later on during the week.Will get interesting if it does.

Flights to and from the Western Isles of Scotland could also face disruption.-from source

Flights over Europe were hit by a six-day shutdown of airspace last month over fears of the effect on jet engines of ash from a volcanic eruption in Iceland. .-from source

seems scotlands getting it to, hopefully will not get a repeat of what happened last time,thankyou for your time

regards

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 02/05/10 by FeatheredSerpent]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Seriously, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't the case. My girlfriend is temporarily living abroad and last time she was supposed to come home, her flight was canceled as a consequence of this ash. Guess what... now she's coming next Tuesday and I would really go crazy if this happens again.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Seems its not all day,is for about 6 hours so good news

link~www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

regards

top topics

join