It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National ID Card pushed in new Immigration Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

National ID Card inthe Immigration Bill

www.huffingtonpost.com

The crackdown on employers relies on the creation of national identity cards. "These cards will be fraud-resistant, tamper-resistant, wear resistant, and machine-readable social security cards containing a photograph and an electronically coded micro-processing chip which possesses a unique biometric identifier for the authorized card-bearer," reads the bill summary
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
thehill.com

[edit on 3-5-2010 by ButterCookie]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is gong to be required for ALL workers in the United States, as a measure to protect employers from hiring illegal immigrants. They plan to unveil it this Thursday in the Senate. It's also being called an 'enhanced SSN card'...

The Department of Homeland Security calls it the REAL ID

So it begins........

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A better solution would be if they actually got all the people who sit around pushing this paper bureaucratic garbage down to the borderline to set up patrols. Theres a lot of people who are out of jobs who can take a nice salary patroling the border. Forget having to take courses and learn Spanish. You need all these over qualifications to guard a border. All you need is some binoculars, a radio, a ride and most importantly a rifle to point them back home. Hire a few dozen thousand Americans and illegal immigration will be highly cut down because sneaking in is where the wound itself is and everything else is just a bandaid and an attempt to use the situation to Orweallianize this country even more. Some will say this idea sounds 'ignorant and redneckish' but no need to overcomplicate something that is so easy to fix. The only hard thing about it is listening to the far-left cry and protest and riot which they'll get over once they see how much more work there is, how taxes drop, how much overpopulation is cut down etc etc.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Its about time, in a sense. i dont like the thought of having an ID card, thats what my liscense is for, and my birth certificate. Where i work for a CVS pharmacy, they have hired illegals. given them fake social security numbers. ehy got prmotions while me being a citizen have been overstpped harrassed andswept into the shadows.
One at owrk other day, shwoed me his health insurance card. it had another woman i knew was illegal, as a dependant name. makes me wonder about how corrupt health insurance really is, on the inside.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have a strong feeling that the immigration bill is DOA anyway. I think pretty much every bill that gets brought to the floor here on out until the winners of the 2010 election are seated is DOA.

At this point it is just about stopping the dem's at all costs. Also I'm sure this immigration bill is going to include amnesty and that isn't going to fly either. Plus a national ID card to work I would believe would bring some interesting court challenges. It sounds like congress is overstepping their bounds yet again.

I'm sure there is nothing anybody could do about it on businesses that cover multiple states, i.e. Wal-Mart, large grocery chains. Because they conduct interstate commerce. As for trying to put this on every business that only operates in one state sounds like that won't fly.

Edit:

Not to mention the "biometric" part sounds a little invasive to my privacy. I doubt it will fly. What is funny though is the Reps will vote against the bill to stop it from passing when I know for fact some of them want this bill to pass. Like McCain he is all for Amnesty but his poll numbers took a huge hit when he was trying to get the people of AZ behind him.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Light of Night]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

That's not a priority, no insult to you just that the government does things for reasons other than what is good for the people.

Now you should see why all the hubbub about illegals, this time there agenda was to push the national ID, and they needed a scare tactic to get there, as always!!!

Just as with any false flag or distraction they again accomplished what they set out to do..... TAG AND IDENTIFY EVERYONE... Produce your papers!!!!

Welcome to United States of Germerica..... Heil Obama

you should all feel safer now.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We need this a.s.a.p.!
I think they should create a bill just for the Real ID and forget about the immigration bill or whatever. Just go straight for the national ID and be done with it.
It will tighten commerce. We will find out what things are really worth.
It will tighten internet access.
It will squeeze the bankers out of money transactions. A national ID would replace your credit cards/debit cards.
We need this for our country's strength in the future so we don't become just another downgraded neighborhood on the planet.
The LEFT will cry foul no doubt. They will hate this idea of strengthening America.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Democrats complain about Arizon's bill requiring you to "show your papers" because that's "Nazi-esque" (apparently because they never took a History class)....so they make up a bill that would require you to show your papers...except it has super cool technology! That makes a lot of sense...anyhow, so how is this different than "showing your papers." It's not, it's just that the Federal Government loves control; in fact this is closer to "Nazi-eqsue" than what Arizona has done (though still very far from it.)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Not as far away as you think.... America has lost so many freedoms in the past 5 years alone, you will really be nothing but monkeys banging on keyboards in a very short time .... and the funny thing is you as Americans will be smiling the whole way repeating the MSN "we are safer" chant.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Best phrase I've heard all day "Follow the money" INDEED

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

In all fairness, I think that would put a lot of idiots with ammo in an already electric situation..... the other thing thing is I wouldn't trust half of them to Carry a stapler... let alone a gun!!!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
I think they should create a bill just for the Real ID and forget about the immigration bill or whatever. Just go straight for the national ID and be done with it.

Real ID is ALREADY the law.

Real ID was a bill introduced in January 2005. It passed both houses of Congress (261-161 in the house, 100-0 in the senate) and On May 11, 2005, Bush signed it into law.

It was supposed to be fully implemented by March 2007. When that didn't happen it was extended to May 2008. When that didn't happen it was extended to December 2009. It wasn't implemented by then, either. The States don't have the $20 billion among them comply. Now the deadline is 2017.

Why mandate a real ID in an immigration bill when real ID is already mandated? Why is the MSM playing this story like real ID isn't already a law?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Might be a bit of a coincidence, but this was proposed in the UK a couple of years ago, and because of a combination of factors has not come to fruition.

It seems remarkable to me that it has now come to prominence in the US, but no-one has made the connection.

Let me put it another way - does it not seem a little odd that when it didn't work out in the UK, the next country to try and introduce it is the US, and that both countries have ties (some would say are the crux) to the NWO and other shady organisations?

new topics

top topics

join