It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Explorer 8 called ATS unsafe and dangerous site 4 times in past 2 days.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What is going on here?
Over the past two days after clicking "Recent Posts", the page was blocked by IE8. The screen went red in places and the address bar went red. The message from IE8 said:

"Page has been blocked for your safety. This site has been reported as dangerous and unsafe for your computer."

This has never happened to me before, on this site or any other.

Why would Microsoft get reports that this site was unsafe? Who told them that? I have my own ideas on that but (government in DC)...

Have any of you experienced this before?

Where do you think Microsoft got the report that ATS was dangerous and unsafe?

Is this part of the internet censorship starting that has been discussed before?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Internet explorer sucks. Get another browser.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
the question here is...why are you still using Internet Explorer?? Use Firefox and that should fix your problem.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
To get to ATS posts now I have to select: "Ignore warnings from IE8 Smartscreen Filter and proceed to site. (Not recommended)"

LOL Microsoft doesn't recommend viewing ATS?!?!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Yeah you know I had used Firefox for a while but it has some of its own problems. Since using IE8 for the past 5 months, this is the first time anything like this has happened...

BTW the REAL question is: Why has Microsoft gotten reports that ATS is dangerous? Who told them that?

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Have any of you experienced this before?

Not as you describe, but I have found ATS to be considerably less well behaved than the majority of websites I visit. For example, just yesterday while viewing a page I was suddenly redircted to some completely other site claiming I had a virus and trying to get me to click on things.

I don't get behaviors like that at other sites, but once or twice a week something like that happens to me on ATS. Management here cleans out nasty ads when they can, but I think there's a delay between new ads being added and them realizing they're bad.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It could be that
your Java install has been
compromised and the advertising
here is just triggering the bad code.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Don't you know? Microsoft is one of TPTB. Of course they don't want you to come here....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Please add your concern here:

ATS Issues

Closed .

[edit on 3-5-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I haven't had any problem with unsafe alerts ... but I have had trouble locating threads that where posted on the main or home page suddenly disappear after I log in.

Its plausible to assume a duplicate site has been constructed to ferret out the extremist by federal agencies.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have had problems here. A persistent one is being continually logged out by a fastclix popup, it usually happens if the cursor is passed over the flash banner adds, which in turns seems to generate a popup. I have also picked up a Trojan on a thread page, a few months ago.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

This is the 4th change by a mod to this thread...what is going on? Should I not ask other ATSers what they think??

I just don't get it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I always use Google chrome or Firefox, but just for fun I tried to access ATS using IE8 and it would not allow me to go to the site.

At least IE8 does allow me to change a setting, enter the system password and then go to the site, when Chrome decides I cannot go to a site, its just blocked and nothing I have figured out to do to change it. So I use Firefox.

I cannot imagine why IE8 has ATS flagged.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I get stuff on this site where it re-directs me to a fake virus scan and crap like that quite often.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

I had that happen with Firefox a few times leading me to IE8. But this wasn't a fake alert. The link in the warning took me to the Microsoft Smartscreen Filter FAQ.

Which had nothing resembling an answer to the issue.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't remember where, but I did read that the Gates's attend Bilderberg meetings.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Internet Explorer 8 called ATS unsafe and dangerous site 4 times in past 2 days.

Have you considered they might be right?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Get opera ,i have 29 tabs at once pages waiting to be looked at,or open.
explorer is no good,
opera works great ,,even better without the easy hack java installed,
get comodo free antivirus and firewall and run opera from sandbox

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dashar

Question about Opera:

(I just posted this in board problems, too)

I cannot access any of the features in Member Tools, I'm simply re-directed to the main board screen. Any thoughts why this would be? I presume you are not having the same problem?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

are yes early on i had that prob i know what you mean now. it seams ok now though i just tried it

[edit on 5/3/2010 by dashar]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join