It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of the existance of the Illuminati?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Former Bush official runs secretive ‘Cockroaches’ group

Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-Md.) hangs out with Cockroaches.

These are not the crunchy, skittery kind of cockroaches that terrorize your kitchen, but the well-shod Washington insider kind that gather several times a year for a high-powered confab on defense and intelligence matters.

The Cockroaches are a venerable Washington, D.C., institution that has apparently never been written about, a kind of not-so-secret society for several hundred current and former defense intelligence officials, private-sector contracting firms, lobbyists, Congressional staffers and Members of Congress. The group meets every other month or so for off-the-record dinners to discuss new developments in defense and intelligence, and to swap war stories, literally and figuratively.

The group is a classic only-in-Washington establishment. The express purpose is to provide government officials, Members of Congress and staff, and private-sector experts in defense and intelligence the opportunity to mingle, network and discuss broad topics of interest in an off-the-record social setting.

The odd name is a reference to the notion that only cockroaches would survive nuclear war. According to the group’s prospectus, “election years in Washington often lead to change in the controlling party in Congress or the Administration.

rawstory.com...
Another article on this referenced by the first link

Hmmm...groups of people who are no longer in official power who still meet with Congressmen and other "in power" government officials to discuss how the world runs and operates.

Sounds like what people have been talking about all along on this site finally make at least semi official.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Their name is what interests me most, the whole cockroaches being the only thing able to survive a nuclear attack...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Their name is what interests me most, the whole cockroaches being the only thing able to survive a nuclear attack...

Yeah. Even if it isn't referring to an actual nuclear attack, it is saying this group is a group of survivors. Like the group exists long after members have passed on. After things that can destroy the person can not destroy it.....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
According to the article the meetings are publicized and well-attended and pretty much any Congressman can go to them.

It costs $1200 a year to be a member, so I'm pretty sure it's not the Illuminati.

Besides, have you seen how these jokers have tried to run the country in the last 40 years? If this is the "New World Order" then we have less to worry about than I thought!

top topics

join