It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

Only this...................◄◄◄BREAKING NEWS►►►

update#4 -

11 minutes ago from Judy at NASA...

We are going to Stealth mode from now on,
however I will keep you posted.

Why would you bother going to 'stealth mode' when you had been yapping all over the interwebs? How do you keep people on the interwebs posted whilst in the afoementioned 'Stealth mode'?

[edit on 3-5-2010 by DrHammondStoat]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That woman Judy's facebook page has just been deleted.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Originally posted by Nova

This thread reeks of utter fail and cynical SEO advertising to me. Can't get a high Google ranking? No worries, just start some threads which will get a few hundred replies on a large message board, that'll get you off to a good start!

Hey that's not very nice , I have posted all sorts of threads here on ATS before, I'm not trying to garner hits, I've too much work to manage as it is actually ! I signed into FB a few hrs ago and got swept in the excitement of Wayne's news and my first thought was to post it here on ATS, see what we could all find out , if anything. Don't be so presumptious and check my ATS thread/post history, I'm a regular here

I think he was referring to the perpetrators of this incident and not yourself.

Regarding the issue at hand though, quite annoying to see a nice flashy title followed by a few excited posts, only to be dissapointed.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by Bedlam

Do you think that if NASA had detected a laser signal or similar wavelength from a source, they might see if there's radio emissions as well?

[edit on 3-5-2010 by john124]

I think I answered this from someone else upthread, but to summarize, the description would have then said something like "We received this signal from the orbiting Whoozit UV sat, then trained our radio telescopes on it and got xxx"

But no, it says that they're receiving the UV with the radio telescopes all over the world. Including her saying that US sites are getting a signal from Proxima Centauri, which isn't visible from here unless you're well south of Tampa. I don't think we have that many domestic RT's south of Tampa.

Besides which, the ones she cites are so over-studied with RT's it's ridiculous.

I don't think she mis-stated, I think she's pulling it out of "Uranus" and just messed up, because she's not technical. There are a lot of other little tell-tale mistakes that are more subtle in her other statements. The UV thing is just the most blatant, and easier for a lot of ATSers to understand, than her gob smacker about the modulation and harmonics, which are basically right out of Contact.

edit: I bet a cold beer this ends up being some sort of viral marketing for a book, with "How we received a signal from aliens and it was all covered up" as a theme.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Zeropoint

Just went onto Wayne FB account and this is what he is saying.......

Wayne Herschel-
Okay... this is now quite serious Judy has been threatened and might be closing her Facebook account and cant say exactly whats happening but I am watching another coms link.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Maybe she's been silenced
..... or just realised she can't possibly keep up the charade.

I hope I'm wrong and this is the big 'D'. Gawd I'm getting cynical these days...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
-Wayne Herschel- I am starting to wonder about the incoming signals... is it data being fed from other sources to Judy or if she is working with raw data. Iits just my sceptic nature.

In this field of research we are often let down on these kind of shocking reports. I have been in touch with Judy through Facebook for some time discussing the data on the stars in... See More... See more my book being perfect targets for life and hence standing as good SETI targets. I just hope this isnt a very complicated joke being played on her. Judy is well known for her belief in UFO's amongst her piers.

Still holding thumbs... nevertheless...

Seems even herschel is doubting her.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I can confirm this as I as awaiting a friend request response which is no longer there...probably got attacked by viruses.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
If she's working at NASA ames, as this link suggests:

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

en.wikipedia.org...

Ames operates one of the world′s fastest supercomputers, Pleiades, which will be further enhanced and is scheduled to reach 10 petaflops of processing power by 2012.

In September 2009, Ames launched NEBULA as a fast and powerful Cloud Computing Platform to handle NASA's massive data sets that complied with security requirements.[5] This innovative pilot uses open-source components, complies with FISMA and can scale to Government-sized demands while being extremely energy efficient.

She is listed as one of 13 members of NASA AMES
link

Some more about NASA AMES:

Ames Research Center
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Ames Research Center

Aerial view of Moffett Field and Ames Research Center
Agency overview
Formed December 20, 1939
Jurisdiction U.S. federal government
Headquarters Mountain View, California
Agency executive Simon P. Worden, BGen., USAF (Ret), director
Parent agency NASA
Website
nasa.gov/ames
Map

NASA's Ames Research Center (ARC), located at Moffett Field, California, was founded on December 20, 1939 as the second National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) laboratory, and became part of NASA in 1958, as part of the turnover from NACA. The center was named after Joseph Sweetman Ames, a founding member and longtime chairman (1919–1939) of the NACA.

Ames Research Center is one of NASA’s 10 major field centers and is located in California's Silicon Valley, near the high-tech companies, entrepreneurial ventures, universities, and other laboratories that fuel the region's reputation for technology development and research. With over $3.0 billion in capital equipment, 2,300 research personnel and a $600 million annual budget, Ames' economic impact is significant.

Historically, Ames was founded to do wind-tunnel research on the aerodynamics of propeller-driven aircraft; however, Ames has expanded its role to doing research and technology in aeronautics, spaceflight, and information technology. Ames plays a role in many of NASA missions in support of America's space and aeronautics programs. It provides leadership in Astrobiology; small satellites; robotic lunar exploration; technologies for the Constellation Program; the search for habitable planets; supercomputing; intelligent/adaptive systems; advanced thermal protection; and airborne astronomy. Ames also develops tools for a safer, more efficient national airspace and unique partnerships benefiting NASA’s mission. The center's current director is Dr. Simon P. "Pete" Worden (Brigadier General, USAF Retired).

Ames is also a mission center for several key current NASA Science missions (Kepler Mission, Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS), Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA)) and a major contributor to the new Exploration focus of the Agency as a participant in the Orion crew exploration vehicle, and the Ares I crew launch vehicle

link

She is listed as from GERMANY on the AMES member list but must be working in the US if she is indeed genuinly part of the NASA AMES team.

This would correlate with what Wayne Herschel said in reply to something I asked him on FB:

Judy is with an observatory working for NASA and she is releasing info that might be withheld and i will not release anything more on her due to the risk of jumping protocol. Lets not mock limited data ... this is unofficial inside info on new findings and lets take it for what it is and keep watching her comments as she is able to let them out. It is her deepest concern that this story might get shut down.

---------------
Someone earlier was confused as to which country she was in so this might explain the discrepancy. I wonder how we could verify if she really does work for NASA AMEs...I went on the official NASA AMES site but yielded no results when I input her name into their search box

[edit on 3/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Just got another update from Wayne:

Wayne Herschel- May 3 at 4:20pm Report
It is now worse... Judy is in hot water... Im waiting to see if she has been forced to close her FB account??? I hope not. I really need to hear the results on my target star. Im so fed up with all the interference in research on this subject matter and this special star target all year. My distributor in the USA was interfered with too.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
-Wayne Herschel- I am starting to wonder about the incoming signals... is it data being fed from other sources to Judy or if she is working with raw data. Iits just my sceptic nature.

In this field of research we are often let down on these kind of shocking reports. I have been in touch with Judy through Facebook for some time discussing the data on the stars in... See More... See more my book being perfect targets for life and hence standing as good SETI targets. I just hope this isnt a very complicated joke being played on her. Judy is well known for her belief in UFO's amongst her piers.

Still holding thumbs... nevertheless...

Seems even herschel is doubting her.

Hmm, all sounds very CLEVER all of a sudden

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

How convenient for Wayne who can't get the info he needed. Ahem..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sheesh people. Nothing has even been stated to be confirmed as ANYTHING yet, and already the smear campaign begins on this woman's reputation. Alot of posters on this site have a real problem with that. In other words, the facts are yet to even be determined, and already many here have reached a verdict. Childish, but not untypical, I guess.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Untergang]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
lol, if this is a hoax ... its your fault guys, u need to be able to read a facebook profile and detect if its true or not ... thats the reality, thats your job, otherwise just dont post anything

I dont have any facebook account

but I would, first, recommend to check if the account is real by

like, checking for friends, see if they are related, same city, same work ... blablablah

for this to be a hoax, it needs to probably use fake accounts

I DOUBT SOMEONE HACKED HER ACCOUNT, it would be a hoax so well made, that we would need to take our hats off to the person ....

but yeah, the information could be just bad information, that she was saying out of excitement

and if this is alien thing, they wouldnt let her spread the news thought the internet, so, they would tell her to close the account

but yeah, if this is the real account, she is irresponsible

another thing, someone said this information is all over conspiracy sites: well, thats because they all read here, and we "all" read theirs ... so, the information flows

I would like to know if u guys found some other source from other scientist, as she said a lot of them are going to be checking this signal

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Untergang
Sheesh people. Nothing has even been stated to be confirmed as ANYTHING yet, and already the smear campaign begins on this woman's reputation. Alot of posters on this site have a real problem with that. In other words, the facts are yet to even be determined, and already many here have reached a verdict. Childish, but not untypical, I guess.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Untergang]

This is a lot of the reason why bits and pieces of information are not released. Things are usually not released until more in known and studied. However, with that being said, this is a topic that can and probably has been well covered up for a long time, and this person was possibly trying to get pieces out to others she knew in case she disappears....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

According to her facebook, she already has disappeard

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unium
reply to post by webpirate

According to her facebook, she already has disappeard

And everyone who visited her facebook page will soon follow....

link   
reply to post by john124

Good job i never added her... I don't trust people who wear NASA hats

link   
reply to post by Arkady

Thanks for looking mate , im a glasgow boy myself but live down here now. I just found it wierd to see so many where as before I've only seen a couple at a time, i went back out coz as you can imagine im kinda buzzing about this . I saw 2 more and a shoting star. Now i know that theres loads of them up there but to see so many, i mean thats 17 in one night . I do try not to get caught up with the whole something bigs about to happen crowd , but seeing this my mind is going ten to the dozen at the moment, im thinking about the giza excavation the other night , the supposed ufo disclosure going on in the uk and proposed usa disclosure. And now im thinkin what if this so called radio transmission is also involved and to see all those things up there tonight Im like "what the hell" I really hope someone else see's them tonight otherwise I'm gonna get slammed on here. Once again though thanks for checking it out . spk soon

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Exhibit A

I have already said that WAYNE HERSCHEL is the source of the info - he is a published author.

Exhibit B Most important in the case IMO

I don't know him on a face to face basis but I've talked to him via email about his/my research a few times and he has written THE HIDDEN RECORDS exploring star maps across the globe and I'm going to be selling books for him, that's how I know him.

Exhibit C

This thread reeks of utter fail and cynical SEO advertising to me. Can't get a high Google ranking? No worries, just start some threads which will get a few hundred replies on a large message board, that'll get you off to a good start!

Exihibit D

Of course, I'm not sure she works for nasa and this so far smells like an attempt to garner attention for a book and a radio show.

Exhibit E

and last but certainly not least...

Exhibit F for FAIL!!

[edit on 5/3/2010 by UberL33t]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join