It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

At one time way back when SAH was just getting started, we were on Team Art Bell before we made our own. It may be that NASA Ames lets anyone join, is she supposedly employed there?

We have no idea where she's employed.

It could be Nasa Ames, but it depends if they let non-employees join their team.

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

only 13 members, so I'm guessing she does work there.

Although if you google "Judy Faltskog nasa ames", the first link is this thread.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oooo, speaking of the SETI@home program, mine is saying that there's an error with '' No work available to process '' .

A sign ?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Another interesting point is that she's the only member of the NASA Ames team outside of the USA, and in Germany.

Didn't the FB mention about SETI USA, or some American associates.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

hi arkady thanks for looking anyway , im in south east of england and ive just been out again and seen 5 more, i promise im not making this up . my video camera wont pick it up coz its night but im still trying . i know i have no way of proving this but please just check because im going back out coz this is really cool for me im not making any claims as to whats goin on but i swear im seeing things that look like small stars moving quickly across the sky 2 of them even crossed paths . i have seen sats before and i know it could just be that but theres just so many . please dont anyone call me a nut coz im usually the one going scully on people. but there is something up there .

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The object you describe, reminds me of the object in 2001:A Space Odyssey.

To be honest with you, I really don't know what words to use to describe the higher realms. But you know what I'm saying anyway.

If the mind is a flame coming out of an afterburner engine. What is the conscious equivalent to the numerous bright fire rings within the exhaust plume?

[edit on 3-5-2010 by manbird12000]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Radio telescopes, aren't radio presay (as in a radio you listen to) in a way it is, basiclly just looking for high pitch sounds and such.

Why is it that most of you assume it's not real because you don't understand it? "Oh no physics doesn't make sence, someone must be lying about it" seriously do some research for once, radio telescopes are the big thing at nasa this year.

Either you have something intellgent to say about this or dont say anything at all, "refering to idiotic comments with no real purpose"
Steve H was right, we shouldn't make contact, if it's the same signal, from differnt places, clearly the same tech is being used, which means it is likely to say it is either the same race or an allied one, and seeing how its coming from many differnt places, it's safe to say that the universe isn't a very safe place

First look at yoursevles, look at your history, now imagen another race with simliar or more biaist belifes with advanced technogly. Imagen the crusader wars but say catholics had highly advanced weapons...doesnt end well for the losers does it..and you know who the losers are? HUMAN BEINGS!!!!

Lets not assume they would kill us off (because our species is less intellgent) lets PRETEND that these are friendly aliens, even if we figured out what they are communicating, wouldnt they figure out that someone was tapping into thier signal? kinda like when someone steals your wireless internet. Meaning they ARE going to notice.

Good or bad, they are going to notice, so lets hope they dont "investgate" (which they will) think about it, if you were an advanced "alien" race, and someone tapped into your connection gride (faster then light communication/information sharing...thing) wouldnt you want to find out what is causing say some sort of delay?

i'm hoping they dont figure out what it says or how to tap into it because thats called a death sentence

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackblack27
reply to post by cosmicpixie

hello there ive been reading your thread and for some reason went out side just for a look , could you and anyone else in the uk at least please go outside and look at the stars . ive seen satalites before but tonight i have seen at least 10 of them . i just want someone elsa to validate it. please do this thank you. and for the record no i dont think theyre all satalites. thanks for your time .

It's clouded over in Cardiff so I can't see anything sorry......

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This thread reeks of utter fail and cynical SEO advertising to me. Can't get a high Google ranking? No worries, just start some threads which will get a few hundred replies on a large message board, that'll get you off to a good start!

As soon as someone mentions an actual location where they're supposedly receiving a signal (and if the scientific community is so excited it shouldn't be hard to name one) someone needs to get on the phone and call them.

I suspect to see this firmly in the hoax forum by the time I come back, however I reserve the right to eat my words in the morning

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I wonder how long until "they" force her to shut up.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
57 flags and 8 pages of nothing well next to nothing. Why is it that people who have this kind of information need to hold on to it and release it in tiny almost miniscule parts whilst at the same time talking crap.

If she, he, it, hell I don't care who has anything that will make some sence, shed light on it or heavens above be verifiable let it out and let us discuss it and analyse it properly.

What I see here is little bits or teasers and then bamm we are going to be hit with press conference this and tv spot that and big surprise it will be a new book or a dvd we can pay $50 to learn the real truth about UFO's.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

I actually had a similar experience the other night at about 3am mate. I saw about 4 satellites crossing the sky in different directions at the same time, it even looked like two of them were on a collision course. You have to remember that there's alot of them up there nowadays.
Stranger was a couple of nights later when I saw either a single flashing, bright object at several different points in the sky or several objects spread across the sky. It would appear flash once then vanish for a few minutes then appear at a different point, flash and vanish again. It did not seem to be moving in a straight line, in fact it appeared to double back on itself several times and was brighter than a satellite. it could have been several different objects or a helicopter but the light it emitted was uniformly white which is not what I would expect from a helicopter.
I'll take another look outside in a second Mack but I'm all the way up in Scotland.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Arkady]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A link to Judy Faltskog twitter account. I would have sent her a message but I don't have an account.

twitter.com/Vampirebrat

Some more Info on her here. I'm starting to doubt her now.

aenstreanrealm.spaces.live.com...

The story has been picked up by all the major conspiracy sites. If this isn't a HOAX i'll eat my own hat!

Sorry if its already been posted.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Any update on FB?i cant see it

regards

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
Radio telescopes, aren't radio presay (as in a radio you listen to) in a way it is, basiclly just looking for high pitch sounds and such.

Why, not at all! They have nothing to do with sound. Sound isn't radio, radio isn't sound. Sound and radio are as alike as root beer and granite. Radio telescopes have nothing to do with receiving sound. Thanks for playing, though!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

Only this...................◄◄◄BREAKING NEWS►►►

update#4 -

11 minutes ago from Judy at NASA...

"Wayne, it would seem as if this signal is not perse directed at us as a
Species, but that we are now listening in on a Interstellar
communication between civilisations on the Target stars I had
mentioned.

Only +- 1% of the signal seems modulated and the rest seems
to b...e an advance Binary code of sorts.

There are so many subcarriers
bundled into this signal.

I dont think we have the
technology on our planet at present to do this form of communication at
this frequencies.

We have still not reached any results, far from it.

However I can say with confidence it is not Local, but definitely an
Intelligence from beyond our Solar System. Wonder why SETI USA has not
commented on anything yet. We are going to Stealth mode from now on,
however I will keep you posted.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000
reply to post by Bedlam

The object you describe, reminds me of the object in 2001:A Space Odyssey.

Sorry to have lost the thread here, which object is it you're referring to?

edit: Oh, the flat black thing. Sorry, I'm doing a bunch of thermal sims here and flipping back and forth between that and ATS, my bad.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nova

This thread reeks of utter fail and cynical SEO advertising to me. Can't get a high Google ranking? No worries, just start some threads which will get a few hundred replies on a large message board, that'll get you off to a good start!

Hey that's not very nice , I have posted all sorts of threads here on ATS before, I'm not trying to garner hits, I've too much work to manage as it is actually ! I signed into FB a few hrs ago and got swept in the excitement of Wayne's news and my first thought was to post it here on ATS, see what we could all find out , if anything. Don't be so presumptious and check my ATS thread/post history, I'm a regular here

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Do you think that if NASA had detected a laser signal or similar wavelength from a source, they might see if there's radio emissions as well?

[edit on 3-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Judy's facebook has disappeared--> seems like the threat was enough for her to close shop. Hoax?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am starting to wonder about the incoming signals... is it data being fed from other sources to Judy or if she is working with raw data. Iits just my sceptic nature. In this field of research we are often let down on these kind of shocking reports. I have been in touch with Judy through Facebook for some time discussing the data on the stars in my book being perfect targets for life and hence standing as good SETI targets. I just hope this isnt a very complicated joke being played on her. Judy is well known for her belief in UFO's amongst her piers. Still holding thumbs... nevertheless...

Oh dear, we're being a bit let down here. Yup, this will probably be a hoax

Ah well.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join