It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I was ready to believe what you were saying here. But Far UV is a radio wave. A type of radiation and if you Google the keys words.
"ultraviolet Radio Telescope" without quotes you get the first line of Finds.

a link that says otherwise.
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Read the entire article. It is most interesting. thus making this post an even higher possibility.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KoinMagus

sorry mate but you obviously didn't read that article properly because although you are correct to an extent, the article then goes on to explain the difference between all the different types of observatory needed for all the different types of radiation, we've already been through it over and over !.

im not a scientist or anything of the sort but the error in this story is simple school stuff and ill explain it in the simplest way possible., although everything on the e.m spectrum is radiation and a wave they are all totally different, in your home you might have a camera and a radio, you cannot listen to or take pictures of radio waves with your camera because its not designed for it and vice versa, you canot take pictures of lightwaves listen to lightwaves on your radio because its not designed for it !. hope that helps!

even slight differences mean needing different equipment for example A.M and F.M radio and U.H.F and V.H.F for T.V, like when channel 5 T.V station was launch in england and most people needed a new T.V ariel/antenna to receive it.
thanks

rich

[edit on 11-5-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

[edit on 11-5-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lc1971
reply to post by Bedlam

This announcement doesn't state that she is a radio astronomer, only a link someone found on the internet says that someone with the same name is.

For all we know she could be in a ground-based relay-station for a deep-space telemetry probe.

I think this one's come up about four times - somewhere in the 63 pages it's been addressed more thoroughly by me and others, but basically on the very first post she states that it's Arecibo, and other radio telescopes. Then later she uses rt slang to describe the signal,but very definitely confirms she's talking about a UV signal the rt is receiving (maybe page 3-4?) then later (page 15 or so?) she says that they have a super sekret magic way of making radio telescopes receive UV. Which is bullcrap.

No, there's no dodging it by saying "oh, I really meant this is all happening at a UV capable sat download station". On top of which,the sorts of data she's magically getting from the UV isn't anything a UV observation sat would be equipped to do, but which MIGHT be something you could pull out of a radio signal. With the exception that she's obviously making stuff up at points, although it would be tough to explain if you don't understand a minimum of comm theory.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KoinMagus
reply to post by Bedlam

I was ready to believe what you were saying here. But Far UV is a radio wave. A type of radiation and if you Google the keys words.
"ultraviolet Radio Telescope" without quotes you get the first line of Finds.

a link that says otherwise.
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Read the entire article. It is most interesting. thus making this post an even higher possibility.

Pretty sure I've also addressed THIS one too at least four times in the thread, including to Proto who, when challenged to show a single RT that could receive UV, exited never to return.

Yes, there is a big spectrum of EM, from near DC to far gamma rays. And yes, it's all electromagnetic waves. And no, you can't treat it all the same, with the same equipment, because the techniques that work for one part of the spectrum do not work for others, due to the way that EM interacts with the receiving equipment.

This is why you have lenses to work with the area of the spectrum around visible light, yet you don't use lenses to receive AM radio, for instance.

I could go into the physics of why, but it's technical and takes math; very boring. Just think about the radio in your car, and why you don't have lenses in it. Then think about a pair of binoculars, and wonder why your eye isn't full of dipole antennas and why you are using glass lenses in the binoculars. And not, say, a nice wirewound ferrite stick like the one in your AM radio. After all, it's all one big continuous EM spectrum - why are they not all the same?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

lol, thanks bedlam, i answered him in pretty much the same way, but its always better coming from someone such as yourself that seems to have expertise on the subject. but seriously i dont get how hard it is for people to understand, this is simple school stuff, nobody needs to be a scientist to understand the difference, that guy that posted the link destroyed his own argument, he should have read the article and thread a bit more carefully !

thanks

rich

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Jupiter is about to conjunct Uranus around June 7, 2010. This conjunction typically brings technological breakthroughs. It exactly conjuncted Uranus the day they first walked on the moon.

In 2001 I predicted that they might find proof of life elsewhere in the universe around this date.

www.luckydays.tv...

This discovery is totally possible. If not, expect some major discovery in the next few weeks.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by adrianfourie

excuse me if im totally missing something, but what exactly does that have to do with the O.P and this ridiculous hoax?

thanks

rich

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrianfourie
Jupiter is about to conjunct Uranus

I agree! I think this entire "UV received by a radio telescope" thing was pulled right out of Uranus.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just sad there's no real info anymore these days but just hoax after hoax after hoax for the money...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What I resent is the irresponsibility of ats in sending this out as a "news flash", some 8 days after the threadtarter, when the myriad problems with the original report have long been identified. 1) It's not news when it's over a week old, and 2) the original story is so patently error-filled, with incorrect basic info, inconsistencies and gaping holes as to have been unworthy of further attention on the day the thread started, much more so 8 days later when so many problems have been identified and left unresolved.

This story is far from ready for dissemination. Hell, it's not worthy of further attention from anyone...at least until those pushing the tale have demonstrated its reliability and provenance. But true to ats's history, there's a significant number of folks who become so personally invested in a story that they take it as an insult to their personal honor when others point out glaring holes in the data supplied. Sorry, but asking that friends take a story on faith - and at the same time to overlook obvious flaws which could be fatal - is a recipe for disaster. It males you unreliable with a wider audience, and provides professional skeptics with all the ammunition they need for a deadly attack.

This story should be allowed to die. If there was anything to it, by now there would have been a score of persons with true first-hand knowledge getting the info out. If it deserves to live, it will come back. If it's bogus, it will die...or would if it's proponents didn't keep trying to resuscitate it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Its junk se here
ufo-contactee.ning.com...
She created this web site I think
On the left hand side
She seems to get a lot of signals for places and has an "extraterrestrial" friend ^^
So junk

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Sweevo]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jumjum

If it deserves to live, it will come back.

It will come back even if it's proven false. It will credulously be cited as an example of a "whistle blower" mysteriously disappearing. The damage has been done.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

i totally agree, and a bit more will be added along the way just to spice it up in the same way that the late paul vigay r.i.p got magically transformed from an I.T worker and u.f.o/crop circle enthusiast that committed suicide over his split with his partner into a an ex special ops guy that decoded the most advanced alien binary ever decrypted and was killed by the government for his efforts, im sure this story will take a similar place and transformation in u.f.o believers folklore!

thanks

rich

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Great! You're doing the writing in advance for the next book-selling charlatan!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

haha, sorry to disappoint but that was already written and used to add credence to judys story by wayne!

thanks

rich

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
VERY INTRESTING!! Every year I wait and wait for something to break, and I believe this might be it. In doing some research of my own it seems this woman Judy went missing for about 48 hours and now she is saying that she is no longer allowed to discuss it.... HMMMMMMmm Sounds iffy to me!! I keep an open mind to everything... lets see how this story unfolds anything new yet? Its been a couple of days. I havent found anything other then what I just mentioned.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
After a brief read of this thread its clear to me many many have stepped up to discredit her & drag her thru the mud, there's plenty of angry skeptics who love doing that or they may even be part of the a black ops to do it and push the story into 'wacky tin foil hat' land, but I hope at least LMH or Coast to Coast interviews her to get some details on this and whats being done about it before she vanishes.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
After reading the last two posts, it is apparent that this thread may be a little like the Energizer Bunny......... it keeps going and going!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The argument stating that a Jupiter-Uranus conjunction is coming up is highly relevant. This would be possibly the biggest advancement mankind has had in history. An event of this magnitude HAS to be reflected astrologically.

Planet positions the day man first walked on the moon (July 21, 1969):

Mo/Dy/Yr Sun Moon Merc Venu Mars Jupi Satu Uran Nept Plut
7/19/69 26Cn37 20Vi59 22Cn58 13Ge33 2Sg33 0Li32 8Ta01 0Li38 26Sc02.22Vi58
7/20/69 27Cn34 3Li28 25Cn06 14Ge39 2Sg43 0Li41 8Ta04 0Li40 26Sc01.23Vi00
7/21/69 28Cn32 16Li15 27Cn14 15Ge45 2Sg53 0Li50 8Ta08 0Li42 26Sc01.23Vi01
7/22/69 29Cn29 29Li23 29Cn21 16Ge52 3Sg04 0Li59 8Ta11 0Li45 26Sc00.23Vi03

1. Note the Jupiter (expansion, success) - Uranus (technological breakthroughs) conjunction.

2. In two weeks they are conjunct again. Google Jupiter conjunct Uranus to find out more about how these things work! The point is that a discovery of this magnitude is astrologically possible right now.

Positions of the planets in June, 2010:

Mo/Dy/Yr Sun Moon Merc Venu Mars Jupi Satu Uran Nept Plut
7/19/69 26Cn37 20Vi59 22Cn58 13Ge33 2Sg33 0Li32 8Ta01 0Li38 26Sc02.22Vi58
7/20/69 27Cn34 3Li28 25Cn06 14Ge39 2Sg43 0Li41 8Ta04 0Li40 26Sc01.23Vi00
7/21/69 28Cn32 16Li15 27Cn14 15Ge45 2Sg53 0Li50 8Ta08 0Li42 26Sc01.23Vi01
7/22/69 29Cn29 29Li23 29Cn21 16Ge52 3Sg04 0Li59 8Ta11 0Li45 26Sc00.23Vi03

Learn something that is about as important as discovering extra-terrestrial life. Like it or not, believe it or not, the planets affect everything we are and do. And that happens to be rather relevant to this issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join