It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

The ionized air may create some radio noise, but her contention was that light does this. That part would not be true.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks Larry and Butcher,

But see what I mean - there is always info suggesting a YES and info suggesting a NO !

Well I'll keep an eye on the story but taking my foot off the pedal now . I'm suddenly feeling quite tired after 5 days of all this high strangeness

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

ah ok, i see what your saying, but to me even without the actual claim, almost everything else about both wayne and judy has been either silly, untrue or they've added spin to spice things up a little, most of what has gone on is totally illogical to me and just seems to be the stuff of fiction and the tin paranoid delusions of the tinfoil hat brigade!.

now the biggest problem with this that ive had from the very start, just ignoring all else for a moment is that if any person in this world managed to find out about some sensitive information that they felt would be covered up or would put them in danger or would be called a hoax they would first get the proof and maybe put it in a file on a filesharing site like a torrent site or something and then announce it so the proof would spread throughout the world instantly before anyone could cover it up, and surely if judy was a real nasa scientist she could go to the mainstream media because they would obviously listen to someone with those credentials!.

but no, the exact opposite happened, she made a vague claim to a friend on a social networking site where its easy to pretend to be anything you like, and she offered no proof, she also said she would release more later which is just the exact thing you would expect from a hoax, so then she can conveniently get out of it by saying it was covered up before she had chance to reveal all, or invent whatever story she felt like,

we've seen this over and over again with all manner of claims, in fact there's another thread going on at the minute with a similar scenario about disclosure where some guy claims to have info on a huge revelation that will lead to disclosure this year, but obviously he can't tell us yet because it might not happen if he does!!......

thanks

rich

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
oops!

[edit on 7-5-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Yeah, I see your point of view.
It is just bizarre than someone would do something that was always going to discredit them & make them a laughing stock given a hoax will usually be proved a hoax eventually. So I can see why there is the idea floating around that someone may have hijacked her FB account and that she may be in danger. I mean it IS a possibility, even if it sounds mostly improbable.

The two posts left by the *I'm back* Judy were significantly different in Grammar and spelling than the posts She originally made to Wayne Monday night. When you compare them it's very obvious . All her family being deleted from her FB profile and website (meaning no-one can message her family via FB) then her webmaster saying Judy always contacts her if she's going to be gone for a few days......she's heard nothing from her at all for five days.

I suppose she could have faked all this herself to make herself a laughing stock but I'm not sure why unless she just suddenly lost the plot and had some weird breakdown.Which is another possibility.....

It's all such a riddle and I'm probably wasting far too much brain space thinking about it

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

well on that point, i tend to think that she didn't expect it to end up on here and didn't expect it to be questioned at all, i think that because wayne is a "believer" and i mean him no offence by that, it seems that hes a bit gullible or naive and maybe judy just thought she could get away with it no questions asked, but once your good self posted it on here, the proverbial s*** hit the fan for judy and she had to get out of it in any way she could.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure Ms. Judy Fältskog being really involved in this affaire.

What proof we have? All info has been relayed through Mr. Herschel.

The 'net sites coming up and down are seemingly Ms. Fältskog sites, but I'm still not convinced.

Please, can some kind user recap the hints we have on this matter?

TIA.
eipi

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

oh and just to have a bit of a summary on the aftermath and the facebook deletion and posts.

this is what would happen if a government found out you had leaked government secrets or sensitive information on the internet. the police or some agency from whatever country you were from would break down your door, they would arrest you, they would instantly seize all your computer equipment and send it to a forensic computer crime lab for analysis, you would be detained in a cell for days on end in a government facility or police station and in no way way would you be allowed any computer access in that time, its very possible that you could be held for a very long time because they could invoke terrorism laws so all this about her posting new pictures with reverse nasa signs as a signal is pure fantasy of the highest order.

i think she just deleted all her stuff and deleted all her family from facebook to stop people asking them awkward questions and to escape the storm!!.

government agents really would not waste their time messing about with it or posting pretend messages! why would they need to? if anything they would just shut it all down and delete it. people are just dreaming up fantasies that they see in t.v and movies, this is the real world!.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The beauty of the interwebz. With today's speed of information flow a person can go from Hero to Zero in an instant.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Taikun]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rleexrayHowever, if its possible within the laws of physics it is likely an advanced species could. We ourselves may someday as well. As I said before, the field is in its infancy. Instead of bashing it, try thinking of a way to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure it could be done, I just don't think it's an item that's laying around in HP's order manual.

Finally, I did not even intimate that Arecibo or any other radio telescope was used for more than the initial discovery. Once the carrier signal was stripped away its only common sense that other instruments would be brought to bear to find the data. Even without the capability of amplifying and reading said data we would still know of its existence. That itself may be the biggest hurdle in deciphering something of this nature.

But that's what I said was not correct. Modulating UV light does NOT somehow produce radio frequency artifacts as a "carrier", nor does the light somehow carry along a modulating signal as RF. So Arecibo et al would not ever be capable of receiving UV light, modulated or no.

By your standard, we should stop all research now because we already know everything. Open your mind and conceptualize. You'll do yourself a great service.

There are things we DO know, though, and just chucking out everything you know about how modulation works in order to embrace the suck of this story is not a good thing.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReflectionSeriously, someone show me where Judy claims these signals in the UV spectrum were picked up by a radio telescope!

Does this mean that it was not a hoax. Of course not, but everyone needs to get over this whole "UV being picked up by radio telescopes" thing.

Try the first post. Then the one where she reels off all the babble about the signal, then there's one later about halfway down where she tries to pseudo-science babble that she was receiving it on a rt using a secret piece of gear that allows her to receive the radio signals that UV gives off. Or something fallacious.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Oh yes... I forgot about that. Would be grateful if someone has the exact text as Wayne's deleted all the old threads

How...convenient.

Too bad they're here in all their awesome glory. I wish I was somewhere I could get more access to the net. This sounds fun. As is, I only get a hour or so per night, and only then because I brought my wardriving wifi setup so I can hook someone's AP out the window here.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here is a link to all of cosmicpixies posts in this thread, I believe it will contain most of the quotes from wayne's page, and a lot of Judy quotes. It is also a good summary of the meat of this thread minus a lot of the back and forth flotsam and jetsam. I believe someone requested a recap and this is a great start.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=cosmicpixie

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

you be careful with that wi fi set-up bedlam, you might start picking up some alien u.v signals, the m.i.b will be round swiftly to deal with you!. but maybe you can post a picture of yourself wearing a nasa cap with a reversed sign so we know that you need rescuing, well thats if they allow you a computer in your cell !

thanks

rich

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Here is a link to all of cosmicpixies posts in this thread, I believe it will contain most of the quotes from wayne's page, and a lot of Judy quotes. It is also a good summary of the meat of this thread minus a lot of the back and forth flotsam and jetsam. I believe someone requested a recap and this is a great start.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=cosmicpixie

You can also click the button under each post of any member marked "Thread"

It will show you all posts by that member in said thread all in one long uninterrupted display of posts.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

It is just bizarre than someone would do something that was always going to discredit them & make them a laughing stock given a hoax will usually be proved a hoax eventually.

two examples.....

en.wikipedia.org...

www.theyfly.com...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
"Yeah, I see your point of view.
It is just bizarre than someone would do something that was always going to discredit them & make them a laughing stock given a hoax will usually be proved a hoax eventually."

For her to be discredited by this all rests on her actually being what she says she is, a Nasa scientist which has still not been established. On the other hand if she is someone that (for whatever reason) likes to claim she is a scientist, no actual reputation has been damaged.

As for Wayne Herschel, bad publicity is still publicity. The more people talk about him on the web (good or bad) he will reach a wider audience. One thing for sure is this thread has been an interesting read. I can't help thinking that it will fizzle out with no confirmation of the elusive Dr Judy being who she says she is.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ms. Judy Fältskog is not who she say she is, that is 99% sure.

(Well... IMHO 151% sure in regard of the abduction issues she claim in what I believe is really her web page.)

But my curiosity stands: is she involved in Mr. Herschel tale?

I have not FB, so I have not seen his FB page. Was that page an active, live one?

I traced something like three Judy Fältskog's pages. One I believe is the "real thing". The other two I can't say was neither live nor active before the changes made after she "disappeared".

- o -

From my viewpoint, the claim on extraterrestrial messages is rejected, and the issue on Ms. Fältskog's credentials is solved too.

The last bit of truth not found yet is -IMHO- how much involved Judy Fältskog actually is in the tale.

eipi.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well it sounds like this is pretty much beat to death. But I thought anyways I would post the reply I got from UC Berkeley.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your correspondence. An individuals year and graduation is public domain so we are allowed to check your request. It does not seem there is a Judy Fältskog in our records. However, it could be that she attended UC Berkeley under a different name.

edit to add, I also asked for simply Judy Faltskog without the whatchyamacallit over the a.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

agreed, this is beat to death, unless wayne comes up with any updates but i think him and judy will slip away quietly now to get away from us, and i have a strange feeling that a new book or at least an update of waynes existing book that includes this story will arise when all the heat dies down and we have all forgotten about him and moved on to another ridiculous claim.

i think its time this thread got moved to where it belongs, in the hoax bin. i just feel a bit sorry for the o.p cosmicpixie when it does because her name has to be attatched to it when im pretty sure she had no involvement and has been duped!.

thanks

rich

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join