It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
reply to post by Phage

The post you referenced by john124 is dated: 5/3/2010. But the Judy image in the link provided is dated: 5/7/2010 - 2 days after john124's post. And in his post, he only states that she is wearing a NASA hat. He says nothing about a reversed NASA logo.

Use right-click on the photo, and select 'Properties' to see the image date.

I right-clicked on the pics of random FB users and every one had today's date as the date the image was made. So there can't be in anything in that.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Exactly! About 90% of the posts on here are people saying "UV can not be picked up by radio telescopes." Well, no crap! At no point in the story did Judy claim that it was the radio telescopes that were picking up UV. People are wasting a lot of space on here because they are making assumptions that are not based on facts. It's really annoying. Seriously, someone show me where Judy claims these signals in the UV spectrum were picked up by a radio telescope!

Does this mean that it was not a hoax. Of course not, but everyone needs to get over this whole "UV being picked up by radio telescopes" thing.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflection

Exactly! About 90% of the posts on here are people saying "UV can not be picked up by radio telescopes." Well, no crap! At no point in the story did Judy claim that it was the radio telescopes that were picking up UV. People are wasting a lot of space on here because they are making assumptions that are not based on facts. It's really annoying. Seriously, someone show me where Judy claims these signals in the UV spectrum were picked up by a radio telescope!

Does this mean that it was not a hoax. Of course not, but everyone needs to get over this whole "UV being picked up by radio telescopes" thing.

You should read the OP.
Judy claimed that UV signals were picked up by radio telescopes, it is in the OP.

This:

NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... Radio telescopes all over the world are apparently all locking onto mysterious signals RIGHT NOW in an unusual part of the radio spectrum and have found a signal code! The astrophysicist involved is a personal friend and I am standing by for more news...

and this:

Heck this is as abnormal Naturally and Naturally Intelligent as it comes. Better than the "Wow" signal and then to top it all in the deep Ultraviolet Frequency. No wonder no one found anything before, they were looking in the wrong Frequency range. We opened up a bag of Bees! Let´s try not to get stung!"...

Both from the OP.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Reflection

NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... Radio telescopes all over the world are apparently all locking onto mysterious signals RIGHT NOW in an unusual part of the radio spectrum and have found a signal code! The astrophysicist involved is a personal friend and I am standing by for more news...

In OP's 1st post..

^^^ As ButcherGuy beat me too it..

[edit on 7/5/2010 by UKWO1Phot]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot

In OP's 1st post..

Still waiting....

No where in that does she say that it was the radio telescopes that were picking up UV! You are just like so many others on here. Jumping to conclusions.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

In OP's 1st post..

Still waiting....

No where in that does she say that it was the radio telescopes that were picking up UV! You are just like so many others on here. Jumping to conclusions.

I agree. It is incomplete data that if read, while jumping to conclusions, infers something that it isn't directly said.

This is no different than how a news article can be misread or misinterpreted. So many times the reporter will purposely write quotes in such a way that the inference is different than the actual meaning. While that is usually done on purpose, I would assume that a scientist wouldn't purposely infer something that would strip her of credibility. Most likely she, in her excitement, was scatter brained about the whole scenario. Yes, scientists can lose their cool too. But just because she is talking about radio telescopes in one sentence doesn't mean it has to apply to all corresponding sentences.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unthought Known
But just because she is talking about radio telescopes in one sentence doesn't mean it has to apply to all corresponding sentences.

^True dat.

Especially if the whole thing is a hoax and doesn't require any actual truth in it whatsoever.

See we're still ticking over nicely here - any word on her escape plans yet?

-m0r

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think misinterpretation could play a role here.

If an anomalous signal in the UV spectrum was detected, it would make sense that radio telescopes would swing on to the target as well looking for any oddities they may have missed.

The OP obviously doesn't make sense in this regard, but I could easily see this being a misinterpretation of what he was actually told.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

For sure. There's no doubt that the OP was extremely vague and choppy. That's why, in no way, am I saying that this isn't a hoax. My point is that we need to stick to facts and not jump to conclusions. And really, the only way to get the facts, is to get the "real" Judy on record. With out her clarification we are chasing our tails.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by harryhaller

i mean no offence, and i like your work but it makes no sense to me, surely if she was being held against her will for leaking important info should the scenario be true she would not be allowed anywhere near a computer to photoshop pictures and post them!. sorry but its just more fantasy!

thanks

rich

In the old days, before digital photography, it wasn't unheard of for a photo negative to get 'flopped', where it went into print as a mirror image of the actual photo. and everything in it was backwards. Hard to notice unless there was something in the image the editor would notice as being backwards, like writing. Nowadays, int the age of digital photography, that's nearly impossible unless the image is photoshopped to make one part of it backwards, or entirely mirrored, to make the whole image reversed.

Both are deliberate actions these days. That picture was intentionally flopped - unless it was a scan of an older film original, that was flopped in the print process.

Edit: I've corrected and expanded below, with egg all over my face.

[edit on 2010/5/7 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

It could be just me spending too much time overthinking this thing but the noticeable difference in use of grammar and spelling comparing Judy's initial posts to these 2 recent posts implying she's still around could ALSO be a signal ?

Like the 'blink codes' used sometimes by prisoners. The classic example is the officer from the Pueblo, during the Pueblo Incident, blinking the word 'torture' in Morse code during his taped 'interview', meant to show the prisoners were being treated well.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

In OP's 1st post..

Still waiting....

Then just read the OP from the beginning.
Dr.(?) Judy says that the signal was picked up by radio telescopes.
She also states that the signal was in the UV band of the spectrum.

Either the signal was in the UV band.... or it wasn't. She says it was.

Either the signal was picked up by a radio telescope or it wasn't. She says it was.

The two things don't go together, you can't receive UV with a radio telescope.

So is Doctor(?) Judy confused? It doesn't make her look good from the beginning.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

No.
She claims that radio telescopes can detect the radio emissions from deep ultraviolet radiation. She speaks nonsense.

Wayne Herschel- Judy then wrote... From Far Infra Red to Deep ultra Violet Radiation gives of Radio Emissions. Even light from a candle will produce radio emissions on a sensitive receiver.

We modified it to be sensitive to Radiation Emissions on the far scale of the EM spectrum and used it to test results on a radio telescope. Cant say more...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/7/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you. March 29 ... then it's irrelevant

Well a nice latest pic i guess

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's an image from a webcam in "mirror mode"

The image was posted on March 29th.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Looking again, i'd be willing to bet that photo is brand new, having been taken within the last few days. Anyone know how to extract meta info from jpegs?

The nasa cap was no co-incidence, neither was the logo reversal.

There isn't any EXIF data in the image. That happens sometimes when a picture is edited in low end processing software (photoshop stamps in EXIF data when it edits). It also sometimes happens when an image is uploaded to a server, and re-sized or what have you for web use. For example, ATS images lose the EXIF data, but images embedded from offsite sometimes have it intact.

I had forgotten about the webcam mirroring issue. I never really noticed it until 2 nights ago, when my friend's son was talking to his girlfriend on Skype, using a webcam. I noticed the word 'state' on his t-shirt being reversed, but he hadn't because the only way he ever sees himself is in a mirror, so it was unnoticeable to him.

Edit: it also happens when a picture is taken with a low end camera... like a webcam. In that case, there isn't any EXIF data to begin with.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Originally posted by Larryman
reply to post by Phage

The post you referenced by john124 is dated: 5/3/2010. But the Judy image in the link provided is dated: 5/7/2010 - 2 days after john124's post. And in his post, he only states that she is wearing a NASA hat. He says nothing about a reversed NASA logo.

Use right-click on the photo, and select 'Properties' to see the image date.

I right-clicked on the pics of random FB users and every one had today's date as the date the image was made. So there can't be in anything in that.

It's getting the date from the time the image was cached to your hard drive - today's date, if you visited it today.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Still not in the hoax bin eh? Wow... incredible.

Hey, anyone else laugh their butt off when they saw Wayne (or more possibly a guy going by the name of Wayne) came in saying this story was already lighting up the media?

And then when asked what media source has touched this...the answer was "ATS forums".

Man, these hoaxers are REALLY trying to elevate this story to the "real world".

Boo to Wayne and his attempts to promote badly written "free POD books".

And boo to this ongoing charade that is based in nothing but lies, misconceptions and silly leaps in logic.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Here:

Wayne Herschel- ◄◄◄BREAKING NEWS►►►... NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... PLEASE NOTE ... Folks... this is still inside information from Judy Fältskog at NASA and it has not gone public yet due to the magnitude of the findings!
Judy mentioned this unusual spectrum range on the radio telescopes for the following stars:

Epsilon Eridany,
Izar (Epsilon Bootes),
Thuban (Alpha Draconis), ... See More
Proxima Centauri
Aldebaran in Taurus

All @ 212.55 nanometers,
peaking @ 400.11 nanometers

(Phasing between Harmonics and Sub-Harmonics).
+4 Janskies @ Pulse,
Multiplex Pilot carrier signal.

She said... "Its all raw info, we are still trying to find the Marker to decode".

also radio telescopes all around the world are targeting the stars to try decipher the code...

Emphasis mine. This is from the data collection on page 37 of this thread.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Still not in the hoax bin eh? Wow... incredible.

Hey, anyone else laugh their butt off when they saw Wayne (or more possibly a guy going by the name of Wayne) came in saying this story was already lighting up the media?

I'm pretty sure the REAL Wayne stood up. On Facebook, he posted that he had logged on to ATS, ready to do battle, before his posting started.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join