It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So are we very sure that this contact wasn't working on or deciphering data for theHST . Although all UV is absorbed by the atmosphere, at the equator it is possible for the UV range to penetrate the atmosphere to a degree.
I'm presently doing some scouting for possible culprits along the equator.

Found this 1 it works in conjunction with ground based radio scopes ect Swift.

To further narrow the field you're looking for mountainous optical scopes on the equator or scopes that work with swift or hubble above.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have very little knowledge about the subject matter, but I have a question: Do all atmospheric layers absorb the UV signal at question ? There are telescopes on high mountain peeks. Couldn't they pick up the UV signals from there ?
I'm aware that the atmosphere is quite thick and has many layers. Maybe something did go through, but I may be mistaken.

Thank you,
and no bashing please, I have no knowledge in this matter.

PS. This thread is becoming epic. 53 pages and counting.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Taikun

hi mate, everyone keeps missing the point, including wayne!. the claim was that the u.v signal was being picked up by radio telescopes, radio telescopes absolutely do not pick up u.v light! so it doesn't matter if the radio telescope was anywhere on earth or in space!.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Thanks Rich.

There are actually a few debates in this thread. One being Judy's credentials and other other about the scientific validation of her claims. Imo, firstly we have to find out whether this whole thing is a hoax, and afterward dispute the claim put forth. I'm just sitting back and waiting until something substantial shows up. Otherwise, this whole back and forth scientific jabber is fruitless in proving the validity of the claim itself.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Taikun]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Can someone explain how a Radio Telescope can pick up UV "excess" but not a UV Signal? I'm not very knowledgeable in this field but I was reading about it here. SOURCE
Same Source, another article

[edit on 5/6/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wayne showing up on ATS carries a lot of weight.

Mind you the following is my depiction, take it whatever way you deem fit.

I firmly believe his presence at this stage is part of the orchestration. I see him as the second infantry wave if you will.

Let's review.

We have our resident ATS member (the OP), who just so happens to be a follower of this Wayne fellas FB page, who is an Author of a book about star systems that may have a signal coming from them.

The OP, who has been comparing research with Wayne as well as becoming quite the FB chums with Wayne clearly stated early on in the thread that she works (researches) with Wayne and was going to be helping Wayne with selling his books.

As soon as that info was brought to the forefront the claim was quickly reversed and was met with a borderline hostile reaction from the OP. I think I may have even gotten ignored by the OP because I suggested it.

However, the OP and now Wayne himself keep conveniently plugging the website address for, as well as making clever mentions of, throughout the thread.

If anyone is bored I challenge you to go count just how many times Wayne's book has been mentioned in someway shape or fashion. I think you'd be surprised at the number. Subliminal messages?

Back to the review. Wayne has finally received a reply from this Scientist by the name of Dr. Judy, to which several weeks prior he sent some star coordinates from his book that he would like her to scan with the Radio Telescope that she has access to.

Several weeks go by with no response then out of the blue Dr. Judy, who is a Scientist affiliated with NASA may I remind you, has just posted a comment on her FB page saying that she has received an ET signal. All of which at this point is being relayed by the OP from Wayne's FB page to this thread.

From here Wayne assumes he is going to finally receive some information about the ET signal Dr. Judy received. Then *POOF* Dr. Judy vanishes, nothing from the blog her FB has been deleted and Wayne's reaction is along the lines of Ooooo Noooes, I hope she hasn't been erased by TPTB

The next few days are spent feverishly looking for some trace of Dr. Judy via multiple outlets. All the while Wayne's comments on his FB fill up with "Where's Dr. Judy" and "Tell Me Have You Seen Her Ooooo" posts.

During which the ATS thread is all over the place as far as this being real or a hoax and numerous speculations are being debated back and forth.

Now we get to present. Enter Wayne the Author. Wayne posts are for the most part a summary of the events that have occurred throughout the duration of thread to this point with the addition of the latest FB comments.

Now we have the OP and Wayne in the thread, again there is mention that the book has nothing to do with the topic itself, yet references to the book have somehow managed to remain steady throughout the whole topic more or less. Whenever someone brings up that this is a clever ploy for the promotion of the book it has been met with stern denial from the beginning.

I have written several posts within the last few pages which are seemingly being ignored by the OP and Wayne as neither have responded. Be that as it may!

For those of you that are worried about Judy, don't be, she is about to make a triumphant return very soon. She may very well even end up on this thread but is probably more apt to contact Wayne on his FB page as this is the orchestra pit. This is all orchestrated & those that are holding out hope that you're going to hear ET or for that matter any signal, you're going to be greatly disappointed.

Please think long and hard about what has transpired in this thread. It has, and still is, all happening ever so conveniently, almost as if it was planned. Go figure!

From this point I don't plan to post anymore, however I will continue to check back periodically because I do want to be here when they finally drop the charade.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Good point but.......Imagine you've just picked up a signal your excited.........you tell a few friends.......story gets changed abit, I think its called Indian whisper effect.
So what started as I joe blow" I've just found a inteligent signal!"
First ear...."wow did you"!!!!
Second ear...."first ear just said a woman called joe blow working in a erm....RADIO telescope has found a signal from ET"!!!!!And so on and so on.
So what ccould seem as a typo could infact be someone who only heard the message from a second party or first hand and added his own embelishment. If I've read the OP's thread correctly he's a writer?......they embelish everything it is just something they get used to.
So a case of Indian Whispers=Radio Telescope Typo.

It is my opinion that if this person exists then she works on a supporting ground based system attached to either HST(Hubble) or SWIFT check my links above for info. Or one of the new gen of Equatorial optical scopes developed by USA and Japan but I prefer my prior idea support for HST or SWIFT.

AND proof if you need it I ask my wife what was the effect where stories get changed each time its told.....She told me indian whispers it is chinese whispers, its that easy.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by Taikun

hi mate, everyone keeps missing the point, including wayne!. the claim was that the u.v signal was being picked up by radio telescopes, radio telescopes absolutely do not pick up u.v light! so it doesn't matter if the radio telescope was anywhere on earth or in space!.

thanks

rich

Hi Rich,

I was wondering if is at all possible that since you have made your point and opinion clearer than a window that you would maybe, just maybe STOP repeating it? I understand that you think this is all a hoax, and it very may well be, but you have made your point ad naseum. Either let it go and find another thread to contribute to or find something else to talk about in this thread. I think you alone have added about 15 pages to this thread basically saying the same thing over and over.

Also I would imagine that you are only doing so to make sure that no one else falls for what you believe is a hoax. That's great and something that you should do. So take solace in the fact that you have thoroughly done it. You have made sure that anyone that reads this thread will know your views and why you have them. Enough already man.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Unthought Known]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Interesting review there UberL33t.

Not to mention the fact that for the past number of days that Mr Herschel has been relaying all this, did he ever mention that he was the instigator of this.

It was only when this information was released on Andrew Collins blog that Mr Herschel admitted that he was the one who asked Judy to look for the signal at the coordinates of his research.

So in effect - Mr Herschel started this whole thing.

- Regards, Hermit

Edit to add: I forgot to thank Mr Herschel for coming here to state his case. Could you please tell us why you didn't reveal the above information in the first place?

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Netties Hermit]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

welll maybe you should also check out waynes other claims, to add credence to the judy may have been silenced by the powers that be for whistle blowing story he referenced mr paul vigay as a special ops "expert" that decrypted the most advanced binary ever decryted that also happened to be an alien signal that was in a crop circle and claims mr vigay was murdered by the government for being a whistle blower just like judy! can you see where im going with this yet?....

i did a little research on mr paul vignay and dug up the truth, he has never had a military career of any sort and is in no way a special ops "expert". the supposed binary in the crop circle was nothing like the most advanced binary ever decryted! it was nothing of the sort!. mr paul vignay was a civilian computer expert that worked in civilian I.T all his life, he was also a u.f.o and crop circle enthusiast,

the crop circle in question although extremely impressive and very well planned with plenty of hard work and man hours to create is man made and is so ridiculous that you have to be a complete lunatic to believe it was made by aliens. now as far as the binary message inside it goes, that is just paul vigays opinion because you could apply many different codexes to the pattern and come out with all manner of different messages, whos to say paul didn't just try everything until he got whatever message he wanted out of it, needless to say that the supposedly decrypted message is very silly anyway and cannot be taken seriously.

now paul commited suicide last year which is a very sad event but all the conspiracy nuts and wayne think that he was murdered because of this meaningless message in a crop circle! which is absolutely ridiculous.....

now do you see a pattern emerging here?. fake special ops "expert", fake nasa scientist?. fake advanced alien binary code, fake u.v alien binary code received on a radio telescope?. paul vigays death. judy disappears?. wayne uses one story to add credence to another? constant book references and links supposed links between all three of their works?

hope that sums it up a bit more for you!

thanks

rich

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unthought Known

erm.... no, this is a discussion forum and i can very well ask and discuss it as much as i like as long as i stay within the rules thank you, and that i have done, and if you read my posts ive discussed different points with different people.

but you're free to contribute as much as you like and come to whatever opinion you like, as that is the whole idea of discussion boards.....

thanks

rich

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hey Hi! called a guy a the Arecibo Observatory and he couldn't give me any info on this subject. All he told me was that Berkley sends them blank hard drives and they scan the skies filling those hard drives with data then sending them back to Berkley. He said the Will Allen group or Bill Allen group(Cant remember because i was playing halo reach..lol) sponsers or runs the show..thats the next call outgoing. He couldn't tell me if a radio telescope could pick up a UV pulse, signal what have you but i saw an article by Russian astronomers observing a gamma ray explosion from a supernova through a radio telescope. Is that on the level of UV signal.. I am dumb so dont blast me..thanx

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I was on Wayne's Facebook F.L. but he removed m because i called him a Hoaxer Might have been my mistake but it seems he was trying to promote himself. Any publicity is good publicity right? Fool me once shame on me...how did George W. put it...J/k

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

That paper is talking about studying the radio frequency emissions of galaxies which are known to strongly emit ultraviolet radiation. It is not about using the radio telescope to study the ultraviolet emissions.

The results are given of observations of 101 galaxies with ultraviolet continuum in the wavelength range 3.9-31cm
20 cm = 200,000,000 nanometers. "Deep" ultraviolet = 200 nanometers.

The majority of these galaxies were observed for the first time in the radio range.
Radio, not UV.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thank You sir

2nd line

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
UV radiation is not UV emission?
[edit on 6-5-2010 by gelatinus]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by gelatinus]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I believe there may be more than meets the eye (or ear in this case) here. She spoke of a complex signal which certainly can be interpreted as more than one part. There lies the possibility that the discovery was indeed by radio telescope which picked up just the carrier wave. Other parts may be in the mix.

Radio wave modulation is achieved by adding noise to the carrier. "In the radio frequency (RF) portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, where electronic tubes and transistors operate with amplification (gain), it is possible to modulate a radio frequency oscillator with high powered audio signals that produce a composite spectrum of energy around the RF carrier frequency with a higher energy density than a single frequency oscillator can produce alone. Unfortunately current optical modulators are loss modulators, that is they remove energy from the optical carrier frequency to generate complex modulated waveforms. The greater the information bandwidth of the modulation the greater is the total loss of energy from the optical carrier frequency". Reference: Amnon Yariv, "Introduction to Optical Electronics", Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1971.

Even though this study was completed in 1971 advancements in the field of open light modulated transmission of data is still in its infancy. If this signal is true it could very well be a complex joining of a RF carrier wave and a modulated UV wave piggy backed to retain data consistency (validity, accuracy, usability and integrity of related data).

After all, we would be receiving the signal from an alien source with their own science and methodology. It would almost certainly be different than what we are used to seeing.

I would suggest we all step back and open our minds a bit. We certainly do not have all the answers. This should be an opportunity for the more learned among us to posit ideas as to how this could be rather than blatantly bashing something we currently know very little about. You may be doing little more than showing your ignorance

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification Phage. On a side note, There's a FB page for a Bjorn Faltskog FB Judy Faltskog is still listed on his friends list aswell..... Err interesting read to say the least. If they are related...could be "Jimmy Van Greunen" her brother.

[edit on 5/6/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It is my fervant hope that Dr Judy be found. Otherwise things will spin out of control. First will come conjectures. And then upon conjectures will evidences be sniffed out.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hivethink
Re-emission could answer for this.

If there were such a thing. UV does not cause radio signals.

(I'm on a cantenna out the customer's window to someone's wi-fi - may be choppy. The customer doesn't want me on the net from here)

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join