It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
At this point, even if Wayne managed to get a statement from Judy's "parents" that she was really a physicist, it won't be believed by anyone with scientific grounding, due to the horrific and repeated faux pas she made.

It'll no doubt convince the "true believers" because they're so desperately trying to make this be real. But you can't say the things she did and really have any working knowledge of the field. Wayne's still buying it, apparently, which furthers my suspicion that, at best, he's not technically able to discern the errors, which means she could easily have snowed him all along.

The alternative, I guess, is that she's totally bonkers. I did have a prof flip out in 3rd semester physics right in the middle of class - the issue was one of thermodynamic reversibility, it was apparently too much for the man's sanity. After aimlessly wandering around the class muttering, he suddenly smiled and ran out. A few minutes later, he had taken off all his clothing and was skipping around the quad doing a very creditable job playing a harmonica, a talent that none of us had previously suspected. He seemed quite happy when compared with his previous state; it seemed a shame that they were so quick to discourage him from it.

Perhaps "receiving UV" on a radio telescope from ancient alien civilisations is Judy's way of dancing about the quad. Although I have to say she displays less talent at it than my prof did with the harmonica.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
UPDATE from FB:
(All the following is Wayne's text, not mine)

-Wayne Herschel- A friend of hers claims to have spoken to her and says "she is all right" ... We all really need a little more than this to go on so I wrote back as follows... names will not mentioned for now unless they let us down and do not help in any way.

I (wayne) wrote...

We would really appreciate her number in confidence and to be honest... there are hundreds of people that really care and thousands of people that cry conspiracy theory after what happened. They believe if its real is that Judy has been "taken care of".

Please for the sake of her hundreds of followers we need a family member to verify her safety.

Secondly for her credibility I would please ask if the same family member or another can verify if possible Judy is an astronomer (I believe her but thousands prefer to believe she is a fake person)

Lastly... the media are starting to say awful things about Judy.

Please if its possible if Judy can reason what happened so the media and scandal can end... was it a misinterpretation and how was it a misinterpretation because Judy was absolutely certain it was an ET signal?

I only ask all of this for a salvaging of her status which will be good for her I am sure.

Please understand you will also be doing it for me because this has damaged my reputation supporting something that appears to thousands to be a complete made up story.

thanks
59 minutes ago

[edit on 6/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have agreed to come onto ATS

I do this for one reason and one reason only because I dont really have time for blogging other than Facebook

I want to clarify all the doubts about my decision to relay an important claim by a friend who I have been in touch with and who I have no reason to doubt her status as an astronomer.

She made an Earth shattering claim...

I agreed to relay it as an unofficial claim because we both thought the finding would be covered up.

I have been in contact with Judy for some time and she was setting up equipment to test the primary sun-like star in my star map hypothesis for the same complex signal.

She said the watch dog authorities were on to her and she needs to delete her web presence which she did.

A day later after appearing missing and in hot water a notice appears on her reactivated facebook saying ... she was incorrect and sorry... then goes silent since then.

Many of her friends believe she is still missing up until a message I got an hour or two ago. A friend of hers claims she spoke to her.

I responded as follows:

We would really appreciate her number in confidence and to be honest... there are hundreds of people that really care and thousands of people that cry conspiracy theory after what happened. The believe if its real is that Judy has been "taken care of".

Please for the sake of her hundreds of followers we need a family member to verify her safety.

Secondly for her credibility I would please ask if the same family member or another can verify if possible Judy is an astronomer (I believe her but thousands prefer to believe she is a fake person)

Lastly... the media are starting to say awful things about Judy.

Please if its possible if Judy can reason what happened so the media and scandal can end... was it a misinterpretation and how was it a misinterpretation because Judy was absolutely certain it was an ET signal?

I only ask all of this for a salvaging of her status which will be good for her I am sure.

Please understand you will also be doing it for me because this has damaged my reputation supporting something that appears to thousands to be a complete made up story.

Now I will be here for a short while if there is dialoge to put all the false claims into perspective or come back a little later... perhaps when all the skeptics are up for a one on one with their absurd claims.

Best regards

Wayne

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Hello again cosmicpixie,

Still following the thread periodically as I said I would, I hope our initial disagreement is water under the bridge at this point.

That being said, I couldn't help but notice this portion of Wayne's comment:

the media are starting to say awful things about Judy.

Do we know what media outlet he's referring to? Disregard

[edit on 5/6/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

thanks for update again cosmicpixie. do you know what media hes talking about when he says the media is saying awful things about judy?. does he mean mainstream media?. and if so which one/s ?.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne Herschel

Awesome I'll attempt to get it from the horses mouth then.

the media are starting to say awful things about Judy.

Wayne? Can you post a link to the media outlet(s) that are defaming her?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Wayne - it's Vicky here

Please everyone show Wayne some respect and hear him out. I know how tempting it is for many of you to go on the attack , can we just try to keep it civil as much as possible and let Wayne explain his side of things........

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

thanks for update again cosmicpixie. do you know what media hes talking about when he says the media is saying awful things about judy?. does he mean mainstream media?. and if so which one/s ?.

thanks

rich

Not a clue, ask Wayne as he's just joined and posted on this very thread.....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
UPDATE from FB:

Stefanos Birbotsukis -The friend who claimed "she is alright" might have just been some random person who thought it might be funny to add some more misinfo into this, just for fun, you know how some people are...
...And as I just found out, that comment claiming that Judy was "aliright" was just deleted, so I wouldn't give much credit to that...
about a minute ago

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Thanks for the update Pixie. I doubt if any would hold you responsible, as you had only posted messages and did not made any stand, more so of something that others contributed volunteerily and had no gun pointed to their head.

Chin up gal. :-)

And to Wayne. Welcome to ATS. Careful of being baited, some will just out of sheer vindictiveness will enjoy seeing you get the kick. Just stick to the facts clinically if you wish to explain issues. Good luck. :-)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

ask Wayne as he's just joined and posted on this very thread

Talk about perfect timing for returning to the thread

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Thanks for the update Pixie. I doubt if any would hold you responsible, as you had only posted messages and did not made any stand, more so of something that others contributed volunteerily and had no gun pointed to their head.

Chin up gal. :-)

And to Wayne. Welcome to ATS. Careful of being baited, some will just out of sheer vindictiveness will enjoy seeing you get the kick. Just stick to the facts clinically if you wish to explain issues. Good luck. :-)

I think you might have misunderstood - all that was what Wayne wrote to the *friend*, I just copied and pasted it from FB, not my words !

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Can i ask... Can this message be deciphered into words ?

Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Perhaps media is not a good definition...

many Webrings believe the whole thing was staged as a hoax.

Google the title of this thread and see how many sites (which I refer to as 'media') are happy to ridicule Judy and myself.

Sure it looks far fetched... sure we dont have access to her credentials to prove her status so I guess it is expected it would be a hoax.

I am happy to discuss the reasoning why I trust Judy as real and why I wanted to risk relaying her claim.

Here it is...

For some time, (perhaps measured in months) I had been in touch back and fourth with Judy after an astronomer friend mentioned she was the only open minded astronomer he knew other than Seth Shostak... and not many think he has will ever make public any ET signal if they were to find one.

So Judy had me convinced as her CV showed she was a Dr of Astronomy and under NASA research team.

I was more interested in getting her to target my stars.

She said she would need to see my work before agreeing to book telescope time.

Anyway ... nothing happened for weeks... until a day ago when I by chance saw her status blogg saying she found an ET signal.

I questioned her over and over how sure she was because people are now following her blogg anxiously.

I decided it is in my best interests as it is exciting news parallel with my work and a chance to expose it fast because I knew this was jumping the gun and protocol in a big way... so I wanted to run with it and spread it fast so the coverup of the discovery is not possible.

Thats what inspired me and thats what i did.

by the way... I dont have books in book stores and I believe in free information so I have all the information free on two massive websites.

the book is full colour and selling at next to zero profit for my investors right now until we can get the book back into normal marketing with a new distributor.

So I did this because it sounded real ... I said it was unofficial and I trusted Judys judgement by the excited postings she was making.

I have shown what I believe has happened by percentage probability statistics and I am still believing it is as so.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Rats. Like I posted about halfway down the thread, I'm out of here today for a week at a customer's site.

See ya on the 13th, when we'll discuss the absurd parts if the story's still progressing. If I can get a minute online at the customer's site I'll try to pop in.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

hi wayne, i appreciate you coming on here and applaud you for taking the time and making yourself available for us to ask questions. but first of all you must understand that the skepticism is never personal, and you also must understand why most on this site do what they do and say what they say, as claims like this are made almost every day!.

i for one have a lot of questions and im also going to be very honest and say that at this moment in time i am highly suspicious of judy, you, this story and one or both of your motives, but on the other hand, i would love for you to prove me totally wrong and i will happily apologise and grovel to you and judy if you do, and this turns out to be true.

1) what evidence do you have of this supposed signal apart from judys word?

2) what evidence do you have of judys claim to be a scientist of any kind apart from judys word?

3) why do you still defend judy after it has become pretty clear that she has no idea about the science behind these claims? as u.v cannot be picked up by radio telescope.

4) what makes you believe that judy has been pranked by her peers when it is HER that doesn't understand the science but has made the claim and defended it ? and also i cannot imagine scientist playing such a prank that they would know she would see through if she is as claimed a scientist, and also such a prank has the potential to not only ruin her but the pranksters career?

5) what evidence do you have that judy actually disappeared in reality and not just cyberspace?

6) how does andrew collins and/or others know judy was having a breakdown if nobody could contact her?

7) who is this guy that you claim to be a british special ops "expert"?

8) what exactly do you mean by special ops "expert"? do you mean he was an actual operative? or just a researcher/historian/author?

9) seeing as you claim this special ops guy was televised he must be in the public domain, so why is it you cannot name him?

10) how is it that this special ops guy became a cryptographer and was able to decrypt the most advanced binary ever decrypted? im quite sure thats not a skill that would be tought to an s.a.s operative or any similar operative?

11) what equipment did he use to decode this binary?

thats all for now

thanks

rich

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Thank you for coming here to help resolve this.

Have you met with her before? And have you had direct contact with a known friend or relative?

peace

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
one more question that i forgot

12) why would anyone make a claim early such as the one that judy has made and you have passed on before getting some actual evidential proof! surely its wiser to wait, because if it was for real surely its only obvious whats going to happen wihen you dont supply proof, and if this was really true, surely judy would know that it would get locked down and she would get no proof by announcing early? this is why none of it makes any logical sense!

thanks

rich

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am following all this with much interest from the begining and i have to say that i did not see any dishonesty from Mr Herschel. Au contraire, i can say that he is a bit too well intended, even a bit naive.

If you look at his websites, watch his movies, read his FB blogs you will only see pure information, no tricks involved.
The books he sells are pure art and they can be seen as any art catalogue. You pay for the quality and the pleasure to read a book and see some magnificent pictures. There is no "secret" revealed in there. Not "that" type of books we all hate.

So please try to be objective the same way he was in the Judy case. His reputation is at stake and if in this free speech site that ATS is we stop beeing objective, we stop making sense.
P.S. Sorry for my bad english

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I am still believing it is as so.

I admire your steadfastness. However, in reading your post it would appear that a portion of your belief is wavering. I can understand, being that you've invested so much of your time and personal work into this, why you're so adamant about maintaining the validity of the whole ordeal.

Based on your post I am also beginning to wonder if Judy would be the type to snatch the credit for this find out from under you. You stated that you gave her a certain set of stars to target and weeks later you see the blog entry claiming ET contact.

Within a very short time of this event every tie that you were associated to her with was abruptly severed. Eliminating any evidence on her end that she was ever associated with you. Thus allowing her to eventually stake full claim to the discovery even though it was based on the information you provided.

How well did you truly know her? Also, deep down, I know you want to believe otherwise, but what does your gut tell you? Because one's instincts are usually right.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by UberL33t]

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join