It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Hell, there is no evidence that Judy is real.

That has to be the singularly dumbest thing i've heard all week.

Wow...and you are saying that AFTER you head this story?

You baffle me...

Again- there is NO evidence that Judy is who she says she is. Her credentials do not match up with web searches and her claims do not back her up.

Her FB posts show little-to-no-understanding of the fields she claims to be part of, and half (if not more) of her technical jargon is askew or completely incorrect.

I'm sorry...I have to grade your "critical thinking skills" at a strong "F" on this one.

Good luck finding your way on all the rest.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

I'm sorry...I have to grade your "critical thinking skills" at a strong F.

Ah, at last we agree.

Just one question though, if your position is so unassailable, why have you attacked my character first? We apparently disagree on which evidence is valid or not, but i have yet to see evidence of falsification? (aside from your utterly honourable opinion, of course.) Nobody has shown either way conclusively yet (just like aliens, fancy that). Likening the inability to find records with falsification of qualifications is fallacious. They ARE 2 different things. I return your favour, proof please?

And i also call out those who hurl slander at Wayne Hershel. There is no evidence to suggest he is just making this up (other than "esteemed opinion"). And there is also no reason to believe he will gain from being involved in a hoax. More likely to lose whatever credibility he has.

I repeat, you may even be right, but the animosity is disproportionate.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by harryhaller]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by harryhaller

A missing scientist?

Or some woman who claims to be a scientist (with no evidence), got thoroughly busted trying to perpetuate a hoax, and went underground because she couldn't handle the flack?

I agree, she has only USER profiles on Seti that I can find, only ONE friend on Seti, and 4 computers that that were out of date a decade ago!

We can write ANYTHING on our user profiles. Heck, I could write "President of the United States of America"! Doesn't make it so.

Everything boils down to a guy who wants to sell a book.

HOAX and viral mis-marketing of a book.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
From FB:

-Wayne Herschel- Just heard from a friend who knows an astronomer who is a close friend of Judy and the attempt to contact her has failed so far.

Please be advised as this becomes a family matter no names of anyone linked to Judy will be posted on the internet and all that counts are working towards getting the facts on Judy's welfare followed by details on what was claimed.
37 minutes ago

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
forget it

sorry

[edit on 6/5/10 by mcrom901]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

my edit was as uncalled for as your post about knuckledraggers and keeping on topic, its not my fault if you decided not to read any posts properly, and its also not my fault you are believing a non story.

but please, if you have evidence to show that i am wrong, that this is true and judy is a scientist and is also really missing but not just from cyberspace then please share it and ill apologise and whole heartedly. i await....

thanks

rich

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The problem is:-
If one of my family members went missing for a day or 2 and couldn't be contacted they would be reported as missing to the authorities.

Wouldn't you? Or would you linger and worry as they are now?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So we receive ET Signals and ATS members are the first in the world to hear it?

Forget Seti and NASA, and all the other worlds astronomers?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
thislooks like Judy in the photo with the girls, taken 21/04/10 at dwingeloo radio observatory the netherlands, if you compare it to her facebook pic im 90$ sure it is her www.astron.nl... www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam Heck, I could write "President of the United States of America"!
Are you really the president?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I think this story has come to it's conclusion, but some hold out hope that it is real.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Also i would like to post a message from a friend of mine who various ATS members seem to be "slagging off", ~ -Wayne Herschel- May 6 at 1:30pm
Please put up what I believe in definition. they think I be;lieve her 100% .. I really dont know the truth...

I am a researcher and have posted my belief of what is going on over and over... here it is again especially for other journalists who dont investigate carefully and prefer mocking others...... See more

I believe as follows... and the status will change as the story evolves.

My belief so far has been similar all the way through this madness up to now...

1) approx 60% chance she is a victim of an inside prank gone wrong with her NASA piers because she believes we are not alone in the universe

2) approx 30% chance this is something she believed was real, and since I believe she is a qualified astrophysicist I have relayed what she has claimed with full support

3) approx 10% chance she made this all up

Now since it appears she is still missing, and her facebook page being run by someone else ... there are now 10 close friends of her, at least 15 general concerned friends who are trying to get her family involved to reach her.

Yes she will no doubt be having a nervous breakdown and yes we will do our best to see she is safe as fast as possible.

I hope to be able to verify her credentials from family members soon that she is a doctor of astronomy.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 6-5-2010 by cosmodromia tis parnasida]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
The problem is:-
If one of my family members went missing for a day or 2 and couldn't be contacted they would be reported as missing to the authorities.

Wouldn't you? Or would you linger and worry as they are now?

umm... in some countries you cant report somebody missing untill after 24 or 48 hours..... maybe even longer

and i didnt see anywhere stating that she hasnt been reported missing by her family

[edit on 6-5-2010 by zoomer72]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmodromia tis parnasida

They are both brunettes, granted. Judy has thin. possibly plucked eyebrows. The woman at the observatory does not. Judy has multiple piercings on her right ear. The other woman has a single piercing on her left. Her hair also looks wavier than Judy's. She has no wedding ring on her left hand, although someone on Facebook claims she has children. The noses are also different. Conclusion: the observatory has a brunette staff member or docent who seems to be good with children. (If the photo showed her right side we could be more conclusive: multiple piercings and nose stud.)

[edit on 6-5-2010 by DJW001]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmodromia tis parnasida

So with your last post, it would appear that Wayne is trying to float a few more 'lifeboats' to salvage his credibility.

As much as he might have had anyway.

If it is really him posting! Someone could always say he has been hijacked, too.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
sorry was in reply to butcherguy, not to page

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001
same cheek bone structure, same rosy complextion, im not saying it is her but IMO it is possible, some places of work do not allow jewellry except single pair earings for women, no mose studs, im just trying to get to the bottom of this, it may be a hoax but if it isnt then id at least like to try to get to the bottom of it

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, but this
may help.
I'm still trying to verify it and I'll try to get back to you
about it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Opinions are like ar*&holes everybody's got one, you are entitled to yours, but remember it is only your opinion.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

hi cosmicpixie, just a few questions on your post about andrew collins and the update that wayne asked yov to post.
and i apologise that these have to be directed at you but by participating in this as a go between so far and because you agreed to pass that on then your the only person i can ask as im not a member of facebook, nor do i plan to be, but here goes.

if judy is missing which so far we have no evidence of apart from she deleted her accounts, how does this andrew collins decide that shes having a break down and needs help? and if shes supposedly missing, how do his "sources" know that shes having a breakdown if nobody has spoken to her? it makes no sense!..

if nobody so far has provided evidence that shes even a scientist never mind worked for nasa and wayne even admits hes just taken it on faith, and also the fact that its judy herself that got the scientific facts wrong about radio telescopes and u.v totally wrong, then how does wayne come to the conclusion that its most likely a prank played on judy by her colleagues and peers?.

and also in all seriousness are we expected to believe that the scientific community would play a prank on one of their own that they know full well is unbelievable and that its a potential career ruining prank?.

now im gonna go out on a limb here and say that maybe judy has had a breakdown and thats not something im gonna be cruel about but if she did it was before she invented this story and not because of it.

and in my opinion wayne just keeps trying to add things to either add credibility to this story like with his added special ops expert decrypting binary revelation, or trying to tug our heart strings with this latest story of a breakdown to try and make us ignore the rest of it,

in fact, i think he specifically asked for that to be posted on here for exactly that reason, to try and play on a few peoples emotions to slow down or stop the digging that everyone is doing. but for me he is just making this more and more unbelievable and creating a more questionable scenario.

if wayne really wants some respect on here then he needs to start posting some evidence, not asking us to suspend even more logic and disbelief!!!.

thanks

rich

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join