It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I never said she WAS with AMES for real, I said twice that she is saying she is and we don't know for sure she really IS . I was just pointing out that it is the same woman Wayne's been talking too . Her name was also number 956 on a list of members who submitted observation stats some years back on some astronomy site ...link was pages back....there are quite a few links about her on the net and they all tie in , it seems we are talking about one person but we just cannot verify her creds nor know about her level of expertise in the field. 2 sites associated with her have gone down after her comments, another 2 have undergone changes and someone further back commented about some other page of hers having the photo disappear. Isn't this a little odd ? It's not like she is some anonymous internet person, this woman has been known in the public because of her website, interviews on radio, brush with the law over a decade ago.....so if she is making everything up she is just going spoil her reputation, not get good press

My guess at this stage is that one of her interests is Astronomy, but she might have jumped the gun about what she thought she was seeing and has now disappeared either out of embarrasment or to try and back up her theory by doing more work on things, ringing around contacts, etc.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

PS) Next to your name on that list, what are the 657 credits about...?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
reply to post by Bedlam

It is true. A simple Google search will bring up this info. It doesn't have to form a picture as you would consider in a traditional optical telescope, but the signature of the light can be read all the same.

There is a reason why we humans use photosensors and not antennas to receive signals in the visible light spectrum. The reason is that your statement is false.

Radio telescopes are nothing more than antennas. Antennas are manufactured with a limited set of bandwidths that they can cover. Got $100 to spare? Buy a radio scanner. Hook up a 2.4GHz antenna to it and try to listen to your local police. Now hook up an 800MHz antenna, feel the difference? The difference is only 1.6GHz, yet the 2.4GHz antenna is practically useless.

The frequency range of Arecibo is between 50MHz and 10,000 MHz. Ultraviolet has a frequency in the terahertz region.

This thread was debunked in page 1.

Originally posted by insideNSA
we detect cross frequency signatures all the time on our equipment. it shows up more as interference more than something you can make sense of. but be certain. this DOES happen.

The 'cross frequency signatures' (whatever that is) you receive are in the range of frequencies that your antenna can physically pick up. Anything else is a faulty sensor/computer. Now (trying to make sense of what you said) when you say 'interference' it probably means it affects the signal you are interested in, that is noise in the same frequency you are picking up, not in another one.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by daniel_g]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Still no updates from Wayne. I asked if there are any new updates, and he replied with this:

-Wayne Herschel- May 5 at 12:35am Report

nope... since her weird message yesterday.. zip

can you add this... I have set up a page with names showing support for someone who did something at great risk...

I hope Judy has chosen to be unavailable and not reachable by her own choice...

be it because she got into hot water interpreting something prematurely...

be it because she was a victim of a prank gone wrong with her piers...

or dare I say, because she was a respectful friend...

be it because it was a prank that she didnt think carefully about.

The later being very unlikely with her dedication to truth and astronomy.

Edit: waiting on the URL, but I don't think it will help with the reasearch of this thing. Tho I'll add it at his request if I get it.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
yeah I think its has value to point out that not hearing from her can mean any number of things including the possibility that she's been silenced in whatever way. keep an open mind people... this could be HOAX but it could also very well be another cover-up of a tiny leak wich the PTB got to in time.

I believe a poster on this thread pointed out quite clearly that the hardware to sniff out these signals has been developed for a while now. and whatever credentials this woman has or has not doesn't say anything about the content of her message either... so what if she was some toilet-lady... even those people can overhear things when they're in the right place at the right time.
so once again... just keep an open mind and see where this is heading.... the amount of flamers certainly gives me some incentive to be on watch for this thread (aren't there supossed to be gov't officials on ATS spreading disinfo?)

[edit on 5-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Asked Wayne a few Q's this morn, here they are with his replies.............

Wayne,
Good morning

(1)you mentioned you had passed on the info to some Astronomers- it has been over 24 hours now, haven't you heard a thing from any of them ? Have they analyzed the data yet or if not when will they be? Even if they are saying things that don't support the news from Judy please will you post it. Also, I'm sure people would like to know who are these Astronomers for the sake of credibility. Can you ask them if they will let their names be revealed and their creds

HIS REPLY :They refuse to comment in an official way with their names with such limited advanced looking data... general opinion is all I have at this moment on the limited data already on the threads is... "not completely improbable and interesting claim"

(2) You said Judy was going to supply you with basic captured data- has she ? And if so can you post it

HIS REPLY: Have never received any extra data other than what was on the threads

(3) Has Judy mentioned to you in the past few months which city /country she is based in at the moment ?

HIS REPLY: Never bothered to ask... (Im actually too busy trying to earn a living as a landscaper and set up talks for my book on archeoastronomy ancient star maps of the 'gods' series).

(4) The info that Judy passed on- was it coming from HER discoveries or was she passing on some news that a 3rd part told HER ?

HIS REPLY: Good question... have a feeling since she didnt say "I have discovered... " so I assume it was something many observatories were looking at, initiated from another NASA source.

(5) You said there were many academics on her FB list. You still have her page saved or something....have you tried contacting any of those people ?

HIS REPLY:Saw many astronomy connections, will not use names as it is unethical and a scandal and not in my best interests in any way. I have written to all that i can remember... only 3 contacts.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It all sounds very exciting and it may prove once and for all life exist outside our solar systerm but there could be some problems with a signal like this.This signal if sent from another galaxcy could have been sent millions of years ago and its just reaching us now.The original senders of that signal may not even exist anymore.Even with a signal like that, we may never be able to decypher the message anyway.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

personally I dont think deciphering a possible code would be impossible, difficult yes but not impossible. but I do agree with you when you say the sender(s) of a signal would be long gone...
on the other side we've had a thread not to long ago about a similair thing... light with supposedly a radiosignal embedded, but the weird thing about that light was that it was moving numerous times faster than the speed of light... if I recall correctly

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Thank you for keeping up the news .... i don't have fb so it's appreciated

I'm trying to log into seti, my old account is still valid!!

but it's not playing along with me :/ the database IS apparently back up, perhaps very busy? or a bad update? will keep trying

I was right though, Wayne is concerned for his reputation.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
From what I can see, on the guys Facebook page - HIS BOOK SELLS ARE GOING UP.... It wont happen like this.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I've really tried to keep an open mind on this, and give benefit of the doubt where I'm able to. I must confess, however that this post just about pushed me into making a determination for myself. Before I jump to any such conclusions, I'd like to ask just WHAT data he's talking about having posted, that astronomers are cautiously passing quasi-judgments on. I know he must have other threads somewhere that I've not been able to access, since I couldn't find them, and I'm hoping the data in question is in them.

I've analyzed all the 'data' I've had available right here in this thread. I've known several real-world research astronomers, and can't think of a single one who would be reluctant to have their names publicly associated with their own opinions of this particular dataset, as presented so far. There's not really anything very meaty of particularly controversial about it, other than the claims that it shows things which it clearly hasn't, with what I've had to work with.

So then, if more data is available anywhere, I'd be more than happy to have a look at it, and perhaps revise a near certain opinion. This is no reflection on yourself, as I think you've done a grand job of keeping an open mind in either direction, and an absolutely fantastic job of trying to drag more useful and relevant information out of Wayne. The last answers he gave you are pretty suspect, in my mind, if there's not any further data to support them.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Ok, i claim todays noddy badge.

Dr Judy Faltskog, by herself, on herself, at SETI:

Personal background
Radio Astronomer working on government based projects in Europe, South America and the USA. Studied in Germany at well known university in Bavaria. Post Doctoral degree in Astrophysics, Astronomy, Quantum Physics and Mathematics. Born in Jonkoping / Sweden in 1965, but presently living in South Africa.
Participated in various SETI, NASA and ESA programs. Great admirer of Gill Tarter and of he SETI Institute and Carl Sagan a NASA consultant on Astrophysics.
Thoughts about SETI and SETI@home
I believe that there is life out there. In this awesomely big universe / multiverse mankind is extremely arrogant to think that he is the only intelligent lifeform.

SETI is the most Intelligent project ever started since we as a human race evolved out of the primordial mist.

I believe we should concentrate our efforts and use our radio telescope time to study nearby stars such as Alpha and Proxima Centauri, Epsilon Bootes, Epsilon Eridani, Alpha Draconis and Mintaka. When we eventually find life you can take my word for it, it will be one of these. Already had some evidence that these could be the candidates. You heard it here first! So SETI check this out PLEASE!

Source

Requires login.

She is on the NASA GODDARD SETI team, which gives her position credibility.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I think he was referring to the info he has already posted from her....ie that everything he has been told by her he has posted. Here are the things she said, this must be the data he refers to and the data these mysterious associates have nothing to say about yet :

◄◄◄BREAKING NEWS►►►... NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... Radio telescopes all over the world are apparently all locking onto mysterious signals RIGHT NOW in an unusual part of the radio spectrum and have found a signal code! The astrophysicist involved is a personal friend and I am standing by for more news...(monday 5pm)

Wayne Herschel- ◄◄◄BREAKING NEWS►►►... NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... PLEASE NOTE ... Folks... this is still inside information from Judy Fältskog at NASA and it has not gone public yet due to the magnitude of the findings!
Judy mentioned this unusual spectrum range on the radio telescopes for the following stars:

Epsilon Eridany,
Izar (Epsilon Bootes),
Thuban (Alpha Draconis), ... See More
Proxima Centauri
Aldebaran in Taurus

All @ 212.55 nanometers,
peaking @ 400.11 nanometers
(Phasing between Harmonics and Sub-Harmonics).
+4 Janskies @ Pulse,
Multiplex Pilot carrier signal.

She said... "Its all raw info, we are still trying to find the Marker to decode".

also radio telescopes all around the world are targeting the stars to try decipher the code...

Judy said... "Got a lot of confused people walking up and down the corridors here at the observatory. Hope they keep politics out of Science!"

also... "... doing a link-up on AMSAT ( X-Band ) You should get Visuals from my side in a few minutes. Negotiated a free transponder with the satellite operator. Sending you Frequency, SR, FEC and encryption by mail.

(Monday 7-10pm)

it would seem as if this signal is not perse directed at us as a Species, but that we are now listening in on a Interstellar communication between civilisations on the Target stars I had mentioned. Only +- 1% of the signal seems modulated and the rest seems to be an advance Binary code of sorts. There are so many subcarriers budled into this signal. I dont think we have the technology on our planet at present to do this form of communication at this frequencies. We have still not reached any results, far from it. However I can say with confidence it is not Local, but definitely an Intelligence from beyond our Solar System. Wonder why SETI USA has not commented on anything yet. We are going to Stealth mode from now on, however I will keep you posted. "
Mon at 10:37pm

-Wayne Herschel- Latest update - Dr JUDY FULTSKOG: ... just received an email... Judy writes: ... Hi Wayne... I am OK and taken care of. Dont worry about what people say. Every part of the EM spectrum gives off radio emmisions. Dont try and defend yourself or me, as the truth has a way of proving itself. Hang in there Wayne and dont... give up. Judy ... it was followed by another email (below) and I will discuss it...

-Wayne Herschel-
Judy then wrote... From Far Infra Red to Deep ultra Violet Radiation gives of Radio Emissions. Even light from a candle will produce radio emissions on a sensitive receiver.
Here is a example on this :

www.youtube.com...
... See More
www.youtube.com...

We modified it to be sensitive to Radiation Emissions on the far scale of the EM spectrum and used it to test results on a radio telescope. Cant say more...

(Tuesday morning)

This is all the info she gave. If her info was coming from a 3rd party it's possible she was being targetted for a prank/hoax but we don't know if the info WAS 3rd hand or if it was, who gave it to her and as she has gone underground now no-one can ask her anything

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I''ve emailed a guy who is an Astrobiologist, I knew him years ago but forgot all about him until he popped into my head. I also have the email addy for Professor Mark Brake of the Uni of Glamorgan - I nearly did his course some years back but dropped out. I'll send him the same email but can't guarantee any replies as don't really know them as friends and they are likely very busy people.

About her apparant creds, to repeat what Wayne said :

She had this CV on her page and I have never doubted it from her advanced conversations with astronomical data:

Employers

* NASA ( Special Projects )September 1994 - Present

Astrophysicist / Theoretical Cosmologist

Exoplanetary Research, Deep Space Mapping, Particlelisation Research, Quantum Cosmology, Radio Astronomy, SETI, Bugging my colleagues with all my " Way Out" theories!

University

* University of California, Berkeley '93

PhD Astrophysics

PhD Theoretical Physics
-____________________________________

There was then a reply from a:

Jerry Bertrand Pippin

Wayne, Dr.Judy did graduate from UC Berkeley in 1993 and has a resume that says she worked for sETI and NASA- I am concerned about her, if you hear from her let us know that she is safe- once again we just need to verify this from a second source and where she is now. We are not dubunking it as much as we are saying we need more information, here is here photo on her radio show link, she is good looking and smart too- www.blogtalkradio.com...

He sounds like he knows her...but when I google their names together there are no results. I wonder if she's been on his radio show? Jerry's FB page

He hosts a radio show , here's the link to that and more about him

Just throwing this out here....not committing to any conclusions about any of it

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Dr Judy Faltskog, by herself, on herself, at SETI:

I believe we should concentrate our efforts and use our radio telescope time to study nearby stars such as Alpha and Proxima Centauri, Epsilon Bootes, Epsilon Eridani, Alpha Draconis and Mintaka. When we eventually find life you can take my word for it, it will be one of these. Already had some evidence that these could be the candidates. You heard it here first! So SETI check this out PLEASE!

Interesting that this list is a fairly close match to the list Wayne gave for 'signal stars' that I commented on above. That list was:

Aldeberan in Taurus is one...

Epsilon Eridany,

Izar (Epsilon Bootes), ... See More

Thuban (Alpha Draconis),

Proxima Centauri

all sending signals that are similar and not natural!

The only difference is that Mintaka here was swapped for Aldebaran there. Mintaka is Delta Orionis, in Orion, 900 light years away. It's the far right star in Orion's belt, and is a multiple system, the main pair of which is an O9.5II/B2V, some of the brightest, hottest stars in the galaxy. Both emit about 90,000 times the energy of the sun. They are in a pretty close orbit around one another, and are really young (O and B stars are the shortest lived stars - they burn hot and bright, and so use up their fuel fast and die young). Not a good prospect for either planets OR life.

Might that realization be why the list was revised?

She is on the NASA GODDARD SETI team, which gives her position credibility.

I thought she was on the NASA AMES SETI team? Is she on both, or am I just confused? I mean, it IS 05:30 here, so confusion isn't out of the question for me...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

The sad thing is, even viewing this, i know your mind wont budge

Is that because you know that that video only has a possible explanation for some of the anomolies' behavior, ignoring other parts?

It seemed that the guy just tried to mimic the event, leaving out many conditions.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I did catch the similarities in the list. That's odd. But if it were true, would explain her enthusiasm.

The SETI team thing i think refers the "processing" team, with the free BOINC software, not necessarily what she was working on at any time.

I'm understanding they all know who she is.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Thanks for getting it all in one place. I'm starting to wilt, and it's long past time for me to turn into a pumpkin, or mouse, or however it goes, so rather than come to a bleary and perhaps erroneous conclusion, I'll wait until tomorrow to reassess all of that.

I'll also call the University tomorrow and see if they've heard anything from the grapevine, but I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for it, since they work in the optical frequencies, and most are researching particular kinds of binary stars. If there's anything to this, and the lid is on it, they won't hear anything but whispers and rumors until a publication. They likely WOULD know, however, if there's been any sort of recent breakthrough that suddenly makes visual freqs able to be picked up on radio.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not going to hold my breath on the likelihood of that, though.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by Jay-morris

The sad thing is, even viewing this, i know your mind wont budge

Is that because you know that that video only has a possible explanation for some of the anomolies' behavior, ignoring other parts?

It seemed that the guy just tried to mimic the event, leaving out many conditions.

No, not all all. This has been explained over and over, but i know that some people will never budge on their belief, and these people make this subject a laughing stock. Before you start calling me an evil skeptic, i am not. I believe that many ufo cases are complete unknowns, and need further investigation.

Ok, we know how the ufos look like they are going behind the tether, no questions there. Please tell how these huge disc shapped ojects never change there angle? If you believe this footage to be showing huge ufos, then you should have an explanation for this.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Am looking into some observatories to see if any are showing real time stats of where the dish is pointed....I think the page below is one example but cannot understand it. Anyone know if it is pointing to any of the places Judy mentioned.....?

Epsilon Eridany,
Izar (Epsilon Bootes),
Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
Proxima Centauri
Aldebaran in Taurus

link

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join