It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I quote what that self-proclaimed "scientist" Judy wrote as reported a couple of pages ago:

Every part of the EM spectrum gives off radio emmisions.

People, please stop defending this stupid cr@p. Spectrum is simply the distribution of energy emitted per unit frequency or wavelength, whichever you prefer. A spectrum cannot emit anything. It's like saying that a speedometer can power your car.

Judy, you get an F in my class. Dismissed. And you spelled "emmisions" incorrectly, with 2 errors in one word.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by buddhasystem]

She probably means that every frequency of emission can lead to a radio signal. I'm still surprised by that affirmation. Light can become a radio signal ??? wtf

But your explanation for the word spectrum is not relevant. You probably ignore that spectrum has several meaning. One of them if just the "enumeration" of the differents "type" of frequency that exists (like gamma rays, visible light, micro waves). This is the total spectrum , not the spectrum of something emited(for example) by an element (what your are talking about).

[edit on 4-5-2010 by ickylevel]

Hi Icky,
what you say sounds more like it, this link is just what you say, the eletromagnetic spectrum,

www.answers.com...

In this answer, radio waves are a part of that spectrum. So it is a puzzle in what Dr Judy said.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by smurfy]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

She is also a victim of a questionable South African law that unlawfully discriminated against her. She had nothing to gain and everything to at risk blowing the whistle...

Ah yes must be the same woman who got arrested and charged in S.Africa for lesbianism.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I haven't seen anyone claim that communication through use of UV is impossible. Any medium subject to modulation can carry information, UV included. What the assertion IS, however, is that UV will not be received, 'decoded', demodulated, recorded, or otherwise dealt with on a RADIO telescope.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

She probably mean that every frequency of emission can lead to a radio signal. I'm still surprised by that affirmation. Light can become a radio signal ??? wtf

Thats not correct.

Basics for Judy: Course One.
Electromagnetic radiation is radiation which gauge boson is Photon. Gauge boson is name of group for force carrier particles. Photon is a force/field carrier of Electromagnetic radiation.

When we speak about Electromagnetic spectrum, we mean whole area of radiation which force carrier is Photon. Spectrum is measured list of different kind of radiation areas. We can speak the force of radiation by different units: wave lengths, frequencies and energy of Photon. That's why Electromagnetic spectrum is called also as energy spectrum because Photon's energy depends about frequency. So Electromagnetic spectrum can be understand like distribution table of Photon energy.

Radio signals (waves are only a small band in spectrum between 3 Hz–300 GHz. Light is another smaller band inside spectrum which we call Visible spectrum because we Human can see it on our eye. Lights spectrum is between 405THz-790THz.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

-Wayne Herschel- ✯ ✯ ✯Pledge of support for 'missing' NASA astrophysicist✯ ✯ ✯ ... One who dared to release something that sounded important, at great risk and obviously came at very great cost to her. She blew the whistle on something important currently being investigated suggesting an ET signal. Please... all those who have any concern for her in the least please show some support and add you name here...

So what... Judy is missing now?

...Right after she blew the whistle...

this is beginning to sound, more and more fishy every second

---EDIT---

-Wayne Herschel- @Jeffery Home - she said in her last message she is forced to remove her facebook account with 850 friends , many accademics too, twitter and her other websites she holds dear... she said she "is been taken care of". As a friend i know she had best intention , i know she is an expert and was excited on a new signal she managed to reason... she is obviously in very hot water for for expressing an interpretation and is paying the price right now.

Conspiracy Rule #1. Tie up the loose ends....

[edit on 4-5-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Wayne said earlier that she took her FB page offline and she had around 800 contacts which included many academics and family members whose names he won't mention.....someone else verified they had been on her FB list and she had hundreds on her FB contact list.....her Twitter page which I viewed last night is now gone, does not exist anymore and that used to link to one of her websites....her main website, the ufo one, is now only viewable if you are a member and sign in and I'm pretty sure that wasn't so last night....and she also has a windows live web page which last night had her picture on but now does not but all the content is still on there. I noticed she took off her public statement about her work/creds that was visible immediately last night on the home page. There was a link to view the profile but not sure if it leads to anything as my PC jammed so I couldn't find out....the addy is www.aenstreanrealm.spaces.live.com

So it is obviously the same Judy Faltskog Wayne's been talking with and on all these sites she said the same thing about her occupation and it's the same Judy who has been found on several of those sites belonging to different organizations that have Astronomers input their obs (eg Seti@home)and she clocked up a fair amount of hours over those sites with her contributions and the dates on at least one go back some years. On the seti@home site her profile links to her website so it's the same woman.

So - she is obviously an Astronomer and one who happens to be really into the UFO scene . We know also that she has given some radio interviews. We can't verify if she IS with NASA AMES whether on a paid or voluntary basis but we at least know she's been on the Astronomy scene for some years. Wayne Herschel has been booking time with her, getting her to look at certain stars for him .

So, the question is what would SHE get out of potentially making herself look totally ridiculous ? A woman who may have already been a laughing stock with many before all this because of her UFO/Abduction interest and website . Why would someone potentially cause their own career harm by spouting all this stuff ?

There ARE some things about her adding up , but at the same time there are explanations she has given about things that some people are finding lacking in expertise or not quite making sense, a surprise for many because of her claims of her experience . It COULD be she is involved with some work that is not widely known which if known may explain the discrepancies/misunderstandings ? Or she might not know as much as she thinks she knows, has over-reacted to something she thinks she found and is now very worried she has made a total ass of herself.....

I just wonder why make all the claims about various observatories going online if it was just a lie as surely she'd realize she was setting herself up for looking like a liar and why publicly do that ?

Some have suggested she may have been targetted by peers who have fed her the lie but how on earth could that be done ?

Just questions, questions really but at least it seems to be getting clearer that this Judy is real, we just don't know if she really works for AMES or is embellishing her status but again, why do that - she is a public figure of sorts, someone would find out if she was lying about working for them....

It's so mysterious

PS) Just trying to see all sides of the coin here
[edit on 4/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i wouldn't add your name guys just in case it's a list of round ups for TPTB.

I wish this was true but if we here nothing by Monday it's a HOAX

SETI protocol states it is to be made public once it is confirmed by themselves,NASA and other agencies including government and military branches that there is a 99.9% chance that the signal is ET in origin.

if i remember right from reading their protocols a while back.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Yeap! Its seems this women has gone underground - but why would someone with "a said career" blow it with a supposed posting on FB?

Its not as if she is a young person trying to make her mark in UFO field or Nasa@Home - something not right, she is a 45 year old (just turned)....

STRANGE...............

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

Yeap! Its seems this women has gone underground - but why would someone with "a said career" blow it with a supposed posting on FB?

Its not as if she is a young person trying to make her mark in UFO field or Nasa@Home - something not right, she is a 45 year old (just turned)....

STRANGE...............

Yes, that's what part of me thinks after summarising some key points a couple of posts back....half of me is really suspect but the other half is noticing certain things about her are adding up so I'm not going to rush into writing her off as a liar just yet . It doesn't make any sense at all that she would deliberately make herself look like a jack ass and ruin her rep and none of this is doing Wayne any benefit either really as he's the one who first posted her news after seeing some comment she made on her private FB page

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by azzllin

I haven't seen anyone claim that communication through use of UV is impossible. Any medium subject to modulation can carry information, UV included. What the assertion IS, however, is that UV will not be received, 'decoded', demodulated, recorded, or otherwise dealt with on a RADIO telescope.

A UV signal from outer space most likely, would not be received on the ground, unless Dr Judy is on some other tack. On the other hand Hubble can see UV and with it's updates that might include the use of fibre optics in some process that we don't know about. Alexis can see extreme UV and IR and may include ability to see other parts of the ES. Satellites that are not obstensibly dedicated telescopes, could have any capabilty not known to us. Anything in orbit around Earth is a potential staging post to record and retransmit back to Earth.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by smurfy]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am not buying any of it. I think we are dealing with maybe a psychotic or schizophrenic person who has gone to ground due to an overflow of paranoia and all teh attention is feeding it.

[edit on 4/5/10 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
I am not buying any of it. I think we are dealing with maybe a psychotic or schizophrenic person who has gone to ground due to an overflow of paranoia and all teh attention is feeding it.

[edit on 4/5/10 by Lebowski achiever]

It occured to me in the advert break for V (love that show!) , what if she has a mental illness Wayne/others are not aware of. Could have sent her off the deep end maybe. That would make more sense than being of sound mind and deliberately ruining any previous credibility you had...?

But it's all guesswork at the moment really isn't it.

I do love a good mystery.....

I'm off to bed now so goodnight everyone

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
How about both of these people are crazy.... A little bonkers over aliens and all in plans to help promote Wayne's book?

Everything I have heard, supposedly from this Judy lady has been relayed through Wayne.

Who is not to say, Wayne isn't making all of this stuff up?

I mean first impression, I see his facebook page and it looks like a kindergartener created it. Scroll down the page, read some postings and see for yourself!

Every website that I have been to in search of this Judy lady seems like a grassroots or underground page. Nothing that any teen in his or her bedroom couldn't do in 20 minutes. So I am lacking a lot of credibility that this lady was a real deal PROFESSIONAL, nasa accredited astronomer.

Maybe... she was interested in aliens, and maybe she decided to pick up astronomy... with an novice understanding of astronomy, self-taught through reading online databases, I could much more easily understand the whole radio telescope, UV wave mishap.

But now she all the sudden went missing?

What, the government has silenced her because some loony on Facebook claimed she said something? Or perhaps she really was...

Then don't you think our "shadow" government would have gotten all of this under control much quicker so the masses didn't know the 'truth' about all the little green aliens

Before I continue this rambling gibberish...

I guess my point is... everybody is making such a big deal about this when all of this is still just HEARSAY from a RANDOM guy with the credentials and professionalism of a small child. I highly, highly doubt that this is much more than a fabricated story...

The next question would be, was this to help increase his book sales?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Another day without tangible information ! I guess the big nothing is our present !

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

But your explanation for the word spectrum is not relevant.

Oh yes it is.

You probably ignore that spectrum has several meaning. One of them if just the "enumeration" of the differents "type" of frequency that exists (like gamma rays, visible light, micro waves). This is the total spectrum , not the spectrum of something emited(for example) by an element (what your are talking about).

If you accept that definition of spectrum, Judy's statement remains just as idiotic as in any other interpretation. Seriously. Gamma rays cannot "give off" "radio emissions".

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
IMO its on of the 2 scenarios. One being a publicity stunt for an upcoming book and the 2nd being either one or both of them have some mental issues. Some people handle pressure better then other and one of them might have buckled. Can anyone dig up some medical records, but im doubtful since its all private info. Maybe come of her friends know he past ? Just my 0.02

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

As soon as I saw on his FB about a book coming out..........BINGO! My thoughts were "Book Sales".

Have to say it was fun chasing the car going from one site to another...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Why is this the hottest topic on all of ATS?

It's quite obvious she is as fake as you can get.

I am not a scientist but even I know the differences between light and radio this woman is faking.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by YissakharMelech]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by YissakharMelech
Why is this the hottest topic on all of ATS?

It's quite obvious she is as fake as you can get.

Mmmm where does it state fake or fact right now? Its in limbo until labelled *HOAX*

But it has been a good thread

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
FROM WAYNE:
Wayne Herschel- I can say this much about Judy from NASA...

this IS the genuine online NASA linked Judy
she wrote like an academic on astronomy,
she had understanding of physics way over my head. ...

woop! woop! "NASA linked Judy"? Is that link the list over at SAH? If so, then hey, I'm the "NASA linked Tom". Well, actually I am, in some sense, but only as a contract designer from some years back. Got a high-altitude balloon telescope data storage system and a "ground imagery server" from a number of STS missions. Had some hardware on Mir, oddly enough. But I digress.

Is the NASA Ames team the "link" he's talking about?
Also, he bit into the UV radio thing, I'd say his understanding of physics is a bit lacking. And what did she write? I'd love to read it.

This is the only Judy with the NASA CV
She had 800 friends on her old facebook account and it includes many academics.

A CV she wrote?

The problem is was she a victim to an ugly prank that has cost her dearly

Or is she genuinely onto something big and in hot water for a premature release.

There is a small chance someone of this intellect, nature and status would trash her life like this with unfounded claims!

No sane physicist could have made those claims. No competent astronomer could, either. They're wrong on the face of them, a wrong Wayne didn't catch. No-one chatting her up about a fake alien at work could have resulted in her buying that story as given, if her credentials were as claimed.

The gubmint LIKES you to publish, if it's not something they want under wraps. You're encouraged to do so by NASA. Not....one....single....publication.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join