It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

It's a possibility that hasn't escaped anyone as far as I can tell from all the posts and there have been plenty saying the same thing to him on FB. I don't know how many people are actually READING his threads there - it would be an idea to start maybe- he has explained he has been liasing with her for months about Astronomy-related stuff and vouched for her academic brain ...stuff they've talked about which he says is sometimes way over his head so if this woman is a fake she's a very good fake that has to have been planning to deliberately dupe him all along.

Now, some people have suggested maybe there is a REAL Judy but this one has assumed her creds..........if this is so then you'd think the REAL Judy would have spoken out by now to clear her name. I don't know.......

FROM WAYNE:
Wayne Herschel- I can say this much about Judy from NASA...

this IS the genuine online NASA linked Judy
she wrote like an academic on astronomy,
she had understanding of physics way over my head. ...

This is the only Judy with the NASA CV
She had 800 friends on her old facebook account and it includes many academics.

I still have her old facebook page open and didnt close it the moment I heard it was closed. She is a dedicated family person and I wont list her family names. We have 380 odd friends in common.

The problem is was she a victim to an ugly prank that has cost her dearly

Or is she genuinely onto something big and in hot water for a premature release.

There is a small chance someone of this intellect, nature and status would trash her life like this with unfounded claims!

Something is not right and I will stand by her claim with interest and no judgement and not dismiss anything until we know more.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Also from Wayne, regarding the idea I mentioned to him of looking into observatories in respect of trying to find out where their dish is pointed to ATM:

-Wayne Herschel- Hey Vicky... the thing there is no way of knowing all observatories who NASA contacted that they could trust sharing an important high priority high clearance. In the beginning of the first thread there is mention of at least four observatories by country and it would not be too difficult to target BUT... do you think for one second they would tell us anything if there is was an intelligent sounding signal. This idea is still a good idea if there were a lot of signals as claimed and they are explainable signals... so yes ... someone with time and patience... give it a try. I have an astronomer friend in contact with the south african observatories so I can follow up on that 'area reference.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

I think you are off base to assume it's Wayne posing as Judy - that would FINISH his reputation so makes no logical sense. Some of us have followed Wayne's trials for month, his book has run into all sorts of trouble getting out there. The last thing he needs is to look like a fool - the truth would out if he was assuming her ID, that's just a bit fantastical.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Your last post was nicely put, more important it is scientifically accurate and very pertinent in the discussion here.

Imagine the difficulties in aiming a message to us from light-years away! To say nothing of the signal strength required to begin with.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I agree. It doesn't seem viable for a hoax?

The only objections thus far are from a "known science" perspective, which this information claims to have ... circumvented.

I've always suspected they were looking in the wrong places. Maybe this is why, everybody here tells us why UV can't be it, but thats the "logical" reasons why no-one was looking there initially.

NEED INPUT!!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So what's oing on here? I expected to find a Hoax tag on this thread by now, not 34 pages..of

reply to post by misfitoy

You know even if it is picked up by some mainstream media, doesn't mean it cannot turned out to be a hoax. However it must be easier for NASA to conceal a signal than a spaceship, yet since this signal is supposedly picked up internationally...Let's just wait and see.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
she wrote like an academic on astronomy,
she had understanding of physics way over my head. ...

Oh please. What exactly do "academics" say that is so esoteric that it goes over normal people's heads?

Let's see some examples of this woman's intellectual writing prowess, because so far I haven't seen any of her writing that indicates anything remotely approaching intelligent, much less professionally academic.

I think you are off base to assume it's Wayne posing as Judy - that would FINISH his reputation so makes no logical sense.

Maybe... if he was caught. But if he wasn't caught, then that's a different story.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
UPDATE ---

-Wayne Herschel- Im asking all those that have any decency and care on what we now know on Judy's crisis to read the new thread and if you feel concern for her welfare please add you name... she is still 'missing' about an hour ago

Also she still seems missing!!

The new thread now says;

-Wayne Herschel- ✯ ✯ ✯Pledge of support for 'missing' NASA astrophysicist✯ ✯ ✯ ... One who dared to release something that sounded important, at great risk and obviously came at very great cost to her. She blew the whistle on something important currently being investigated suggesting an ET signal. Please... all those who have any concern for her in the least please show some support and add you name here...

I don't know how posting my name will help? Other then exposing myself!

-Wayne Herschel- While we find out more on her status... I will start with some detail of what I am certain about... She was without doubt very intelligent and had an amazing astronomy background. Judy is a family person and a firm supporter of the chance of ET life in the universe. She is also a victim of a questionable South African law that unlawfully discriminated against her. She had nothing to gain and everything to at risk blowing the whistle...

- she said in her last message she is forced to remove her facebook account with 850 friends , many accademics too, twitter and her other websites she holds dear... she said she "is been taken care of". As a friend i know she had best intention , i know she is an expert and was excited on a new signal she managed to reason... she is obviously in very hot water for for expressing an interpretation and is paying the price right now.

All updated as of 30 min ago.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Once again we Humans think we know everything there is to know, the we are the most intelligent lifeforms in the Universe nonsense, every day we make new and unusual discoveries, yet we find on this thread a lot of comments knowing for a fact that it cant possibly be true, we always have to find fault.

Right now after searching all day, that there is a deliberate attempt by someone in the World to discredit and make this whole thing sound stupid, people only seeing the UV light so to speak, yet for years now there have been Scientists working to use light to communicate, 30 years ago fibre optics was laughed at remember? yet here we are, the next generation of computers are being experimented with using light instead of the usual accepted methods we use now.

Are we not helping to hide the possible truth because we think it isn't possible? it's been said for years that SETI where deliberately looking on the wrong frequencies, yet now they are right and this Lady is demented? does that make sense? to anyone?

Just two weeks ago, in one of the Planet X threads, it was said time and time again it was supposed to be only visible in the IR spectrum, that didn't stop dozens here repeating that they had looked and couldn't see it.

Some still do

This is one of the reasons we seem to be stuck as a Planet when it comes to new technology, blinded by our Ipods, our plasma TV's all keeping us amazed while the real advancements are kept from us.

We are not the most intelligent life in the Universe, sometimes I wonder if there is indeed intelligent life down here at all compared to the scale we could be at if we would stop killing each other and fighting each other for a moment or two, Science is an old boys club, you get to see and hear what they want you to see and hear nothing less, go against the grain and your out on your backside, you have to stick within their boundaries or else.

Take your own advice, we are supposed to be fighting against the crap they throw at us, not helping them do it, try having an open mind for once, NOTHING is impossible, if we can think of it, eventually we will achieve it, look at what Mankind has achieved in the past 150 years, it was just over 100 years ago people where laughing at the thought of being able to fly, yet here we are.

I don't profess to understand the World of Physics to the extent of most people, but I have yet to meet a single one who does, the World is full of theory, and we cant turn that into facts unless we try to give it a chance can we, or at the very least allow others the chance to try.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by azzllin]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Gotta love the ATS UFO crowd...

Hook line and sinker with bells on.

I wonder how many of these hoaxes will they stand for before they end up using a bit of common sense to detect the world around them.

For those of you still grasping at invisible straws in attempts to make this story work in your heads...I pity you and do not envy your mental compass.

For starters, do you really think "disclosure" will be coming from a nameless shadow from Facebook?

Do you REALLY think that the first break in a story like this would come from some rumor passed around between people who are laughable to start with?

Ahhh...I can't see the world for you.

I can only hope you open your eyes and stop giving everyone around you a reason to think you are "an easy mark to sucker".

There are people paying their bills with your gullibility.

With that all said...run off and buy this idiot's book so he can cash in on your illogical predicament!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

Hi Mr M,
Doubts on this story have operated from the first half dozen pages or so. In fact there are likely more skeptical posts than otherwise, that makes your post a bit of a philosophical nonsense really since there is nothing in your post to either add or detract to the thread.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I quote what that self-proclaimed "scientist" Judy wrote as reported a couple of pages ago:

Every part of the EM spectrum gives off radio emmisions.

People, please stop defending this stupid cr@p. Spectrum is simply the distribution of energy emitted per unit frequency or wavelength, whichever you prefer. A spectrum cannot emit anything. It's like saying that a speedometer can power your car.

Judy, you get an F in my class. Dismissed. And you spelled "emmisions" incorrectly, with 2 errors in one word.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
People wants to see what they wants to see. Even there's no evidence or evidences are against.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This whole soap opera is beginning to remind me of Orson Welles' "The War Of The Worlds." We keep getting weird "news flashes" from a single source that is not corroborated anywhere else. Turn the dial, people.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So after having came to the conclusion it's a hoax, we finally want to believe it anyway ? That's the consensus here ?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I quote what that self-proclaimed "scientist" Judy wrote as reported a couple of pages ago:

Every part of the EM spectrum gives off radio emmisions.

People, please stop defending this stupid cr@p. Spectrum is simply the distribution of energy emitted per unit frequency or wavelength, whichever you prefer. A spectrum cannot emit anything. It's like saying that a speedometer can power your car.

Judy, you get an F in my class. Dismissed. And you spelled "emmisions" incorrectly, with 2 errors in one word.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by buddhasystem]

She probably means that every frequency of emission can lead to a radio signal. I'm still surprised by that affirmation. Light can become a radio signal ??? wtf

But your explanation for the word spectrum is not relevant. You probably ignore that spectrum has several meaning. One of them if just the "enumeration" of the differents "type" of frequency that exists (like gamma rays, visible light, micro waves). This is the total spectrum , not the spectrum of something emited(for example) by an element (what your are talking about).

[edit on 4-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Maybe she had to type quickly so she would not get caught and did not have time to correct herself..................

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I hope its not a publicity stunt to promote his new book where she is a collaborator.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This woman has disappeared? Hey OP, the A-Team and Magnum P.I. are my friends on Facebook.
If we need to get this woman some help, U2U me, and I'll get the word out.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Funny i understood radio to be light.

i think i know why you said sound though, because they can be put into frequencies.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join