It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a full list for the whole world

World List of Radio Telescopes
and

more

[edit on 4-5-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
From someone on FB:

Lyndon D. Scott

I found some additional links in case anyone is interested. First I wish to point out that "LIFE" (as we know it, carbon based, D.N.A. - not to mention the Red Rain of Kerala) emits and receives quantum information in the low and the high UV band (thanks to the fascinating discoveries of Russian scientist Kaznacheyev). O.K., SO...it looks like ... See Morethe U.S. government took an interest in these things way back in 1969 or so. Then there was the Russian bombardment of the American Embassy in Moscow, with the microwave radiation. Now it looks like that life, health, healing and even sickness, disease and death all can be transmitted by Kaznacheyev radiation in the low and high UV Bands. NOW, it looks like SETI DID actually get into the detection of signals by using forms of light as a means of communication. Also, it should go without mention, that humans transmit intelligence signals all the time, by fiber optic cables (especially digital modes of transmission). So in passing, and before I give these links, I'd just like to point out that the low and high UV band is a special communication band for forms of LIFE (as we know and understand it), and is capable of transmitting entangled and-or embedded quantum communication about states of life (as Tom Bearden has so well pointed out, in his research at www.cheniere.org - and I think Richard C. Hoagland would agree to this much as well). SO, my basic statement is that yes, I do believe it is possible for extraterrestrial life to embed additional quantum states of information into UV light side-bands and to modulate it in a special way so that it should be universally decipherable, given a species advanced enough to understand quantum communications over vast distances. Therefore, I will now shut up my big fat fingers and just give the links that I have found in the hopes that this will help demonstrate that there is indeed, a real possibility here, with today's computers and radio telescopes and special Tesla coils. I do not do this to build up any hopes, on the one hand, nor to downplay what might be the biggest discovery of the century (and to make it look like a hoax). I am doing this, mainly to demonstrate that the low and high UV band IS, indeed, a special quantum communications band, for universal forms of life (just as water has amazing quantum memory and should also be a common ingredient among various life forms, not only in our own galaxy, but in the myriads of galaxies beyond as well: Father God Almighty did not create a wasteland universe and everything that Yahweh does is WITH purpose and reason and of intelligent design: but then again, that is just my own personal opinions, etc.). Therefore without further ado, I now shut up my big fat fingers and simply provide the links below, for anyone who is interested in the possibilities of quantum communications across vast distances by using the special life band frequencies in the low and high UV "light" Electromagnetic portion of the E.M. Spectrum:

adsabs.harvard.edu... (SETI took a serious look in to forms of possible light communication by extraterrestrials).

robocat.users.btopenworld.com... (some updates on Kaznacheyev radiation in the UV bands)

www.bibliotecapleyades.net... (a classical presentation of the classical Kaznacheyev radiation experiments)

www.dtic.mil... (a declassified U.S. Government paper dated 1969. Funny how all these keywords show up: UV, Kaznacheyev, NASA)

[edit on 4/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by Bedlam

That sounds plausible but I'm still keeping an open mind. I'd put it to Wayne but I think I've P'd him off enough for one day, maybe someone else can.

I would just say according to Wayne she did not approach HIM, he spotted some excited comment she left on her FB page and contacted her about it asking if he could put it on his own FB page and she said OK but at the same time you could presume she was banking on that . He also said English isn't her 1st language some of what she was saying may have come out inadequately .....?

I'd like to point out I have nothing against you. I'm sure it seemed like really exciting news, and I'm glad you posted it. I'm not sure why people are on your case, sort of shooting the messenger I guess.

Anyway, I hear Wayne trying for a save, maybe because he's in on it and maybe just because he likes Judy, but his "NASA has other things, maybe they used Hubble!" argument has to meet this, from the first post:

"(all posts below are by Wayne on FB, not my own words)

NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... Radio telescopes all over the world are apparently all locking onto mysterious signals RIGHT NOW in an unusual part of the radio spectrum and have found a signal code! The astrophysicist involved is a personal friend and I am standing by for more news...

Several RAO´s (Radio Observatories) like Aricebo and others now in the US have gone online, England is online, South Africa is online, Australia has been online since last night! Russia is going online now, Germany is still in a discussion to go online, China is online. Holy s..t! News travels fast. Gonna unplug this freaken fone, I cannot get any work done..." (posted about 6pm UK time)

Then the other posts, the one giving the wavelengths, and yammering about modulation and the like...those are described in ways that is obvious to me that she's not talking about something being relayed from Hubble, it's radio signal lingo that wouldn't be applicable to an optical signal, not phrased that way (and a lot of that is oddly Contact like). It's unarguable that she's talking about observing this signal with ground based radio telescopes.

While you could likely design a receiver for that sort of thing that could give you bandwidth and harmonic info and the like for a UV signal, I'm pretty certain you wouldn't put something like that on a UV astronomical observation satellite.

I think Wayne is stretching mightily trying to find ways to make it still be true. But his buying into that, and into the "UV emits radio" story where it's OBVIOUS that she's trying to save the original RT story makes it obvious that Wayne isn't technically apt enough to catch her lies, and he's ignoring the glaring truth that she has never claimed that she DID use some sort of orbital UV asset, she's trying to bs her way through the original RT story with the 'UV emits radio' crap.

I think she's had him on for some time now, and he's emotionally committed to it at this point.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hmmm, I smell a Nigerian internet scam gone out of control. Seriously. I think this third party author guy may be a mark, or is part of the scam. If so, he'll eventually ask people on FB for donations to hire a PI to locate the missing 'astrophysicist'. Just send your checks to the laundering company in S. Africa.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I didn't think you were directing anything at me and as for those who have been they are on my ignore list. I'm weary with it now so am just trying to focus on posting info from both sides of the argument for/against Judy and her claims. Can't claim to understand much of it but I'm trying to learn as we are going along. I see the logic of your conclusions

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
I think Wayne is stretching mightily trying to find ways to make it still be true. But his buying into that, and into the "UV emits radio" story where it's OBVIOUS that she's trying to save the original RT story makes it obvious that Wayne isn't technically apt enough to catch her lies, and he's ignoring the glaring truth that she has never claimed that she DID use some sort of orbital UV asset, she's trying to bs her way through the original RT story with the 'UV emits radio' crap.

You hit the nail on the head, buddy. But personally, even simple bits of crap like "unusual part of radio spectrum" were giving it away a long time ago. Like, we know there are usual frequencies aliens use to communicate with, and now they fooled us by switching to unusual ones. Holy cr@p.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Mr Mask

I could be wrong...yup...all involved can be innocent victims of an "intended lie".

But...make no mistake about it, this story is a lie.

And it began somewhere...

And whoever began this story is also a liar.

That is the bottom line.

Couldn't agree more at this point about it being a lie, and indeed lies do have to start somewhere. I just think it's wrong to assume cosmicpixie had a had in it, as all she did was relay information to the forum for discussion. She's not the first to be caught out by a (probable) hoax and she sure as hell won't be the last!

I know, I know...a lot of UFO-ers are going to get all uppity in defense of the possible disclosure of it all. Heck, a few of them may even claim to be related to the very aliens sending the signals.

I'm a 'UFO-er' myself and let me say we're not all like that! I roll my eyes as much as any skeptic when presented with some of the "undeniable proof" that turns up sometimes. Those who claim to be star-children or whatever seldom gain any respect from me.

Fact remains...the story is a hoax (I leave my signature on that and if wrong- I will leave ATS forever out of respect for the UFO-ers) and those who can not see that for themselves are in critical danger of having an inability to Deny Ignorance.

I doubt we'll have seen the last of you then, not over this story!

I hear you...I agree with you...I even see how what you say is possible.

I simply think it is much more plausible that Judy and Wayne are working together on this, or are simply the same people.

I guess we will all see soon?

Can't wait...

It may indeed be more plausible. I don't know about 'Dr. Judy' (although I'm not entirely convinced she's legit) but as for Herschel...all I can say is I'm 100% certain I've seen him on some UFO conference video and I did not get a 'good vibe' from the guy. My hunches on these kind of things are usually correct, so I'm very skeptical of this guy's claims.

Man, a lot of folks are going to hate hearing me sing about how right I was...maybe I'll tell them I had an unfair advantage because aliens sent me a message from the future telling me all about it.

Well...you don't have to crow about it...discretion being the better part of valour and all that...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Ah sorry I didn't realise that was the way it worked. None of my threads have ever made it this far!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've cheked about 5 ground-based observatories so far and not one of their websites has a page telling you where the dish is pointing.... ?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Sorry i miss-read what you said in the post before,

It is ok...no need to be sorry. I often do the same.

but that still does not change the fact that i think you are just a de-bunker.

Another one-word title to sum up my entire exsitence as an indivual entity in the universe?

I do not approve...

I am not "just" a debunker...heck I am not even a "good" debunker.

And yes, most scientists will use logic to solve, or explanations on ufo cases. Go look at some cases for yourself

I "think", to the best of my knowledge, that I have researched and examined every single investigation into UFOs ever published to the public.

I do not understand when people try to say you "do not understand something" and then quickly assume it is because you never looked anything up.

I have been strongly studying the UFO phenomena (along with every avenue of conspiracy that I can get my hands on), every day since 1991.

In other words...I disagree that that most cases of UFO sightings are approached by "logical scientists".

Most are only given press by tabloids and hucksters selling fantasies they have invented.

Logic is not running into a field with a stick and saying you feel "space energies".

Logic is not going on a mountain with a bunch of people who paid 9000 dollars to see "light beings" that can only be seen as large blobs on "bad film".

Logic is not claiming to have spent 3 years on a space ship with your space brothers.

AND

logic sure isn't "facebook posts by an uncredited source" being taken seriously when attached to something as large as "first contact".

Logically, I assume you will not get what I am laying down here.

Anyways, I've decided to take absent leave of this thread until it crashes on the hard, cold floor of "logic" only to reveal itself for what it really is.

Then I will return, beat my chest (or something equally as pointless) as I dance on the dwarf of ignorance with my many-handed lady of truth.

Good day.

See you all "real" soon.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

Ok, lets look at the secret nasa transmisions, the tether incident. Now, people still believe that these objects are ET. But even before i looked at the scientific evidence that backed up nasa's claim. Logic told me that these objects were close to the camera. The reason why i thought this was one logical thought, and that was, if these were huge disc shapped objects, then why are we seeing them from the same angle. When you look up at a plane in the sky, the shope is a bit different, depending on where you are viewing it from. And this is with many cases i have come across. A bit of logic, and the rest flows.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

From someone on FB:

Therefore, I will now shut up my big fat fingers and just give the links that I have found in the hopes that this will help demonstrate that there is indeed, a real possibility here, with today's computers and radio telescopes and special Tesla coils

Oh, my. Why is it that everyone who's babbling about this sort of thing has to ring in Bearden and Tesla to authenticate their statement? I'm surprised he didn't add in something about zero point energy, too.

It's pretty hard to take someone seriously that's trying to handwave some sort of quantum crap and is still talking about radio telescopes receiving UV.

The microwave bombardment of the embassy, interestingly enough, was to "pump" bugging devices buried in objects in the embassy. They were designed by Dr Theremin, the creator of the whiny sound effects you hear on "Forbidden Planet". Some of his less well known accomplishments include tuned cavities which resonated with the microwaves being beamed in, and the speech in the room caused tiny little deformations in his tuned cavity, causing a modulation of the pump beam. Very nice workmanship. Of course, Bearden thinks it's a quantum time reversing life frequency death beam causing reverse time engines in the cells to malfunction. But then, it's Tom.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

There is nothing to prevent one object or action from emitting waves in several regions of the E-M spectrum. Yes, it IS possible to emit both UV and radio. The problem arises in reception and processing. Receivers have to be tuned to certain wavelengths or frequencies, whether optical, radio, or what have you.

This is why radios have tuning knobs to pick up different stations.

So, while a single object may be emitting IR, UV, radio freq, Microwaves, etc., the receiver to detect each of these is necessarily different.

Fact: A radio station tower emits radio waves.
Fact: you can see a radio station tower in visible light, too.
Fact: you cannot listen to the radio station with your eyeballs.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

i starred you just because your post hit my funny bone!

alot of interesting data has come out of this thread, which is always a good thing, regardless.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I decided to take the time to contact Wayne Herschel himself, surprisingly he answers his facebook but only to the point that if you ask him any serious questions he stops talking to you. To be honest, he was sort of polite enough but sounds like a bit of a douche. Just my opinion though, dont know the guy personaly, if he can make a living from selling new age bull#, hats off to him, gotta survive someway. Anyway here you's go.

- ME - Hi Wayne, sorry mate but you cant detect anythin in the near or far UV spectrum with a radio telescope. Nice hoax though, Cheers.

-Wayne Herschel- Why in gods name is everyone still trapped in this belief NASA only uses Radio equipment... do you know they also make rockets???

- ME - Dont mean to cause any offence there matey, i was just under the impression they found the signals in the UV spectrum with radio telescopes, as per the story. I understand NASA doesnt just use radio telescopes, SETI however does. Maybe if Hubble pickd it up, fair enough. But this was SETI, not NASA. If im mistaken though man, sorry. Just good to clarify things you know.

-Wayne Herschel- She was nasa... a top qualified astrophysicist ... she is missing and no longer on the net... facebook deleted, twitter deleted, she said they were after her then ... poof! she was a decent academic with an open mind and not shy to say she believed in UFO's because of an experience as a child. Im lost for words... worried about her situation because if it is real or not both ways she is listed on research sites as working for NASA and now no doubt that puts her in hot water.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

I can also confirm that it would be impossible to receive signals in the UV range on a radio telescope.

It would be like trying to hear an ant talk using a megaphone....

Perhaps a more proper analogy would be to say that it would be like trying to see the color of the 'hairs' in an ant's leg by 'looking' at it through the megaphone, putting one's eye to the mic, and pointing the big end at the ant...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

I didn't think you were directing anything at me and as for those who have been they are on my ignore list. I'm weary with it now so am just trying to focus on posting info from both sides of the argument for/against Judy and her claims. Can't claim to understand much of it but I'm trying to learn as we are going along. I see the logic of your conclusions

Thx for this thread! S&F
im on the fence still at the moment, this can either be true or hoax...
no solid evidence on either direction no matter what these pro naysayer:s and their followers /alter egos are saying.

Anyways, this is getting so much fanatic debunker involvement that doesnt rely on any proof but jus personal attacks pinpointing at you and everybody other whos keeping an open mind about this, so im thinking there might be something in this.

i dont know anything about astronomy but Kirkkonummi ,Finlands radio telescope doesnt have any online info at what there pointing (their last news published on their website was from 2009) and anyways Finnish telescopes dont work under NASA and havent seen this any MSM around here.

cosmicpixie : you made foes by posting but you made also new friends, lets see this thing through,keep up the good work!

Cheers!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by zoomer72]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I know I banished myself from this thread, but I have to temporally revoke said ban to reply to a wonderful post. Sorry...I'm gone after that!

Right?

Just wanted to reply, as not to be "rude"...yknow.

Don't wanna come off rude!

Originally posted by sotp
reply to post by Mr Mask

Couldn't agree more at this point about it being a lie, and indeed lies do have to start somewhere. I just think it's wrong to assume cosmicpixie had a had in it, as all she did was relay information to the forum for discussion. She's not the first to be caught out by a (probable) hoax and she sure as hell won't be the last!

Certainly one of the "out comes" I painted as possible.

I think I was clear in saying I think the OP was a victim of a scam/hoax/lie that dragged her into this unknowingly.

But, not knowing her (as you seem to do) I can not vouch for her. I also think it is very important to point out that she has had conversations with Wayne about possibly selling his books for him.

If that fact was left out of a court case, the case would be flawed incredibly.

I'm a 'UFO-er' myself and let me say we're not all like that!

I'm also a UFO-er.

So I totally understand where you are going with that right there, and I salute it.

I roll my eyes as much as any skeptic when presented with some of the "undeniable proof" that turns up sometimes. Those who claim to be star-children or whatever seldom gain any respect from me.

Yes...those types are one of two types (or a third being a mixure of the two).

a) Scammers.

or-

b) Mentally ill.

I doubt we'll have seen the last of you then, not over this story!

HA! We both know the only reason I risked such a promise is that I have this one in the bag.

The game is fixed in my favor.

It may indeed be more plausible. I don't know about 'Dr. Judy' (although I'm not entirely convinced she's legit) but as for Herschel...all I can say is I'm 100% certain I've seen him on some UFO conference video and I did not get a 'good vibe' from the guy. My hunches on these kind of things are usually correct, so I'm very skeptical of this guy's claims.

Same here...it all stinks and leads nowhere. I also support much of what I say and do based on "vibes" I get...and this entire story is buzzing like a bag of bees slowly roasting on a dying camp fire.

Well...you don't have to crow about it...discretion being the better part of valour and all that...

I know...but lets face it, I go a long way out of my way to achieve the very opposite.

I can't explain how important I find it to "not make buddies" on the way to "truth".

The more folks who do not like me, the less people will blindly fumble along my side based only on one of my Facebook posts...

I dunno if that makes sense...but I have a huge thing against being popular on a forum such as this (best to stay on other posters bad-sides and keeping the authorities thinking you a comedic fluff-guy" if you get me).

Thanks for the pleasant reply...I did appreciate it.

With that said, I re-banish myself from this thread so the "kids can play games and enjoy pretending".

Good day Sir.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

you didn't start out asking him a serious question, you went in on the attack. You might want to frame your comments a little more objectively to get a better response from someone !

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Meh i was simply pointing out an obvious fact, or flaw however you want to look at it. He could have explaind this error, but has since posted on his face book some gibberish about re combobulating the phase array sensors or some such thing. End of the day he sounds like a bit of a loony. Thats just my take on it though, i could be wrong, he could be a totaly stand up guy?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hehehe, thank you. Art is the lie that helps us see the truth. Unfortunately, the art in this case may very well be a scam/con. But think of the discussions spawned from it, and all of the things people are learning!

Really, though, don't send any money...

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join