It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Special note to the Light Brigades: See how easy that was? Bunken Drum demonstrated to me that I was wrong, and where, and got me to actually admit it. Now, if you're at all aware of the history of conflict between us, you'll immediately realize that it's not because we belong to the same County Club and regularly play golf together.
Golf! You know why they called it that? B/c the word "excrement" was already taken! TBH, I'd invite you to what we call a "munch", just to see how you did irl, but ye Light Warriors, please do understand nenothtu's point: we aren't chalk & cheese, we're more like bricks & algebra, ie totally in different spheres of reality with only the most tenuous connection between us. That connection being a healthy BS detector & a willingness to act on its readout.

Whilst we're being honest, hopefully as an example to those who might chime in later, if you andromedia, or anyone else, checks our past history, you'll come across 1 instance where I slunk away without further argument & failed to admit I was beaten. It was about gun control.
I could have restated my position, without addressing nenothtu's refutation, but that would've been the definition of illogical. I could've lied out of my arse to claim superior knowledge, but sooner or later, I'd have been found out. I could've challenged him to come up with professional qualifications to back up his assertions, but to do so, in the face of his evident knowledge, would have been as daft as Blue Angel on CC.

What I didn't do was wait til I thought it had slipped his mind to come back & post some or any of the above in an attempt to win an argument. As it happens, I still disagree with him on this subject, its just that I recognise that currently I just dont have the knowledge to formulate a convincing argument & I do have enough self-respect not to make a total fool out of myself by talking bollocks.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Onto separate matters for a moment please. Could anyone here admit to being the Conspiracy Club member "ATS Info Agent" just so we can clear up a little matter

While it would be interesting, I don't think that's necessary.

I rarely respond to ATS criticism off-site, and typically ignore it. However, I felt compelled more to defend the honor of our members posting in this thread, and exposing the hoax, than I did defending ATS. But in the case of the thread on CC, both points were intertwined.

But when the need arises to "defend" the reputation of discussions here on ATS, it's always best if I or other ownership do it. This helps to prevent the appearance of a "board war."

to prevent accusations being made which could be potentially damaging to ATS.

I suppose you're referring to the crazy "tacking" accusation mentioned in the CC thread. My take is that two factors collided -- my presence defending ATS and her members, and the appearance of a couple hard-working ATS members seeking to inform others about the hoax/fraud/scam/lunacy. On the surface, for those predisposed to think in terms of paranoia, it may have appeared as though they were "tracked." Certainly, not such thing happened, or ever happens.

While I favour the opinion of my doppelgänger regarding ATS' treatment of sceptics within the aliens and UFO forum I do not want ATS slandered with no valid reason and hope to correct this matter.

We don't seek to treat "skeptics" any differently -- after all, that's what I am. We simply expect everyone to participate in a civil manner. But from time to time, one "group" dominates intense rhetoric in various topics; which is why we twice had to warn "Masons" in the secret societies forum, and "9/11 Truthers" in the 9/11 forum (as examples). The dust eventually settled, and discussion continued just fine.

edit on 26-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
"Duncan Disorderly" would be far more appropriate
That was funny!

Onto separate matters for a moment please. Could anyone here admit to being the Conspiracy Club member "ATS Info Agent" just so we can clear up a little matter here.

Someone, with my namesake, seeks to get to the truth of the matter regarding the status of "ATS Info Agent" here at ATS to prevent accusations being made which could be potentially damaging to ATS.

While I favour the opinion of my doppelgänger regarding ATS' treatment of sceptics within the aliens and UFO forum I do not want ATS slandered with no valid reason and hope to correct this matter.

Thank you all in advance and a particular thank you to whoever claims the role of "ATS Info Agent" (In public please so as to not disclose private messages to my twin).

-m0r
Well I try/am very trying! I just get bored of repetitious illogical arguments, so I try to liven up the rhetoric with a blim of humour so that those who might otherwise get dismissively bored of it may stick around to see rubbish rightly put in the bin. This approach, andromedia et al, is the velvet glove on the iron fist, ie be caressed or punched, its upto you.

I'd like to know who "ATS Info Agent" is too. I could easily imagine nenothtu being devious enough, or BIAD finding it amusing enough, but I wonder if SO, or any of the upper echelons of ATS may have been poking around in this debacle for longer than we know?
Oh noez! Grab your TFHs! Its a conspiracy I tel... er, [expletive]! I just remembered, anyone who gets involved with running a website, which depends entirely upon traffic to generate any income, must have @least a passing interest in the subject matter...
Hey, I'm also a paranoid [expletive]. Maybe someone will come forward. In which case we can accuse them of lying also!

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ah yer bugger! You rather stole my thunder by getting in there 1st & being so damned reasonable about it! You must be lying! Only a well experienced Co-Intel-Pro could come up with a story like that @a moments notice!
Btw Bill, I honestly couldn't have resisted Blue Angel's invitations to take the living piss right from the start, which would no doubt have got me banned from CC much quicker. Fair play to you for sticking with it long enough to expose how childlike BA is &, by extension, how pointless Club Conspiracy is as a board upon which to discuss outre subjects... I've lurked there - never felt the need to join in. If you cant have a debate, what's the 'kin point?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Hey SO and thank you for your participation within this thread,

Whilst I like your approach to defending your site (Which is a gem regarding documenting all things paranormal) I must take umbridge at the sceptic bias being given due merit.

For example Doomsday Rex and Slippery Jim, each of whom I hold in high regards, claim to not be able to access the boards as regular members should. I know these people to be beyond repute when it comes to their claims or their counter-claims and trust that they have indeed been silenced here.

Their comments posted; guarding the potential of lies versus the posts making countering said claims, have certainly fallen into muddy waters recently and I'm sure you'll know that quality of posting overall has been affected due to such actions taken by your staff here.

You are more than welcome to remedy this or to state your assertions or justifications here where others of a similar mind are putting their thoughts to good use - including someone who has the great taste of sharing my username here.

-m0r

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I must take umbridge at the sceptic bias being given due merit.

I think this thread (among many others) is clear evidence there is no bias against members who are skeptical of the UFO phenomenon, or express intense skepticism so as to put all sightings/events to a well-deserved test.

As has been the case throughout all of ATS' history, whenever we focus on a "group" that has crossed the line of civility, the knee-jerk reaction has been that we seek to deny that group proper participation. Nothing is further from the truth.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I think this thread (among many others) is clear evidence there is no bias against members who are skeptical of the UFO phenomenon, or express intense skepticism so as to put all sightings/events to a well-deserved test.

I note that you are accepting discussion regarding ATS policy and how it is implied.

I would, however, suggest that you ask in public where alleged members feel they have been wronged and not in private messages to me.

Only seems fair *cue Wonder Woman music*

-m0r
edit on 26/11/2010 by m0r1arty because: Fighting for my right, in my satin tights.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

How were you able to post after being banned on CC?

Blue Angel said:

Nice chatting with you, but you've been banned for several reasons.

...but you were still able to reply? Btw, good catch on the edit time stamp. How he could ban you based on an obvious lie is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord... Only seems fair *cue Wonder Woman music*..

See...? You put on the correct LP vinyl and BIAD comes a-running.
I know it's off topic Moderators, but I've always had a soft-spot for
Linda Carter... and I'll leave that opportunity for a gag alone.

I think that Blue Angel may be a little jealous of the activity here and
that's all I have to say about CC.

I have a question though and it's aimed at Nenothtu really.
Can you show us a connection between James Herschel and Blossom
Goodchild? That thread reall caught my eye, when it arrived here on ATS.
Cheers.

EDIT: I went to edit this and I somehow dropped onto Portugoal's posting!
I left immediately.
edit on 26-11-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left Linda -Carter wig in Edit Room.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I came across it only yesterday he was in daily contact with her Blossom Goodchild for weeks

prior the event which she had predicted a huge event UFO contact in Australia with connections

to a 'shocking' disclosure happening at the same time in SA . It was somehow going to tie in

with Waynes book!!!!!!! That was 2008 and was a FAILURE.............

Its now 2010 Do you begin to see a connection ?????????? Judy out of everyone in the world

gets a signal ( ET from outer space ) She is a Dr she is an Astronomer with Seti and NASA

she wears the cap after all so she must be well qualified !!!! SHE DECIPHERS the signal

(dont forget she is also a contactee) And the message she has decipherd is 'SHOCKING

BREAKING NEWS from a pleiadian ET who nominates Wayne to lead the world with his ONEISM

And like all EARTH SHATTERING NEWS IT IS RELEASED ON WAYNE'S FACE BOOK

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Andromedia

This thread is not deviating from the original HOAX see my last posting reply to BAID. Both

Wayne and Judy were in it together.

You said what had Wayne to gain financially? Well just off the top of my head here' s a couple

of snippets.........page 97 on this thread DCMB's post......"Just above the donate button.".....

Please consider helping our quest

To revive the lost truth

About the sancitity, sacred, equality

And spirituality of all humanity DONATE.

Page 98..........another DCMB post ....Steellsco comes out with the 'sob story' about

Waynes book being blocked .He holds out the begging bowl asking for donations any sum

would be welcome and he himself is donating £20 a fortnight as that is all he can

afford ...............Is Wayne using clever marketing ????? like its in short supply, hard to get a

hold of a copy so try and buy NOW....... His book has NEVER been in short supply i myself have

found outlets where the book is being sold at half price FREE POSTAGE and delivered to your door

within 36 hours without even leaving your home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

SO YOU TELL ME WHATS IN IT FOR WAYNE

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Thank you eletheia, I remember Goodchild's antics and how she even had to
shut down her website because of the bad responses aftwerwards.
I had no idea Wayne was in the background of that one too.

It seems his yearning for money knows no bounds.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Onto separate matters for a moment please. Could anyone here admit to being the Conspiracy Club member "ATS Info Agent" just so we can clear up a little matter here.

Not me.

But quite frankly I can't quite believe the drama over that one little sentence:

It is known that you have been reviewing the ATS thread for the past 7 months (perhaps showing your own infactuation with yourself and the attention being given to you).

How on earth did that turn into "ATS tracks it's members"?

I took it to be just an off-the-cuff remark that any regular poster here would have made regarding Judy following this thread - hell, I would have said the same thing. Except I would have said it like this:

Netties Hermit: The regulars here are quite sure that Judy Fältskog reviews this thread. After nearly seven months we have gotten to know her MO, her writing style and most importantly, her timing. Some members have even received PMs from Judy's friends and colleagues and have been in contact with them. Some of us even got the pleasure of watching the very same MO, writing style and timing over at dcmb's blog. I myself would bet the house that she does and I can be quite a conservative gambler.

More verbose than "It is known that you have been reviewing the ATS thread for the past 7 months" but I can be like that sometimes.

edit on 26/11/2010 by Netties Hermit because: To add verbosity

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Your new avy suggests to me a person saying "Moi? Merde alors, non!" followed by a gesture BIAD is incapable of: a wink! Please dont disabuse us of the fantasy that you may be "ATS Info Agent" - let the record play!
Anyhoo, corollery aside, back to the subject matter (which will take a couple of posts to reconcile with the subject of the anatomy of this & all HOAXES, dear mods, b/c, as usual, I'm mobile):
In light of andromedia's input so far, I'd like to address a very un-PC issue which imo cuts to the very heart of this HOAX & its discussion, which I've previously labelled a "debacle", but which I'm now convinced is a farce (if you could hear me say that, you'd not be sure if I didn't mean "f'[cough]arse" - its my native accent!). To make my point, I intend to draw comparisons before elucidating my position.
1st we have Bill's approach to the libelous accusations @CC. His position was expressed in dry, reasonable tones, which were entirely appropriate, since, as he said, he didn't want to create the impression of a "board war". This in spite of provocation which was just begging to be mocked. He's a site owner: getting down & dirty in public could cause problems.
2nd we have various ATSers who have crafted their posts herein to be simultaneously on topic, present evidence &/or reasoned argument, reference others arguments, point out flaws in the opposition & do all this with witty language.
3rd we have a monster thread of examples of people who, when faced with simple questions they cant answer in a way which supports their position, have resorted to bagsic ad hominem attack.

Just as there are reasons for Bill's forbearance, there are also reasons why other ATSers will go to the limits of T&Cs to make their point. Why is it then that some people are able to satisfy T&Cs, make their point, crush opposition & be funny whilst they do so?

(TBC)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
(Cont from above)
Its my belief that multi-tasking is an ability which is trained out of us @a young age. "Put that down!" "Pay attention!" "How can you bla bla bla?"
The reality is that the human mind is capable of considering all sorts of things simultaneously & prioritising the attention given to each.
Despite our childhood training however, some of us cannot exclude all other factors when considering an idea. Its also true that some of us cannot consider anything other than whats right in front of them.

So what is the difference between somebody who can communicate on multiple levels & also be witty, compared to someone who can only communicate in the simplest terms?

INTELLIGENCE

So, whilst I may well disagree with somebody, if they demonstrate a facility with language & simultaneous wit, I will take note of their opinion, whereas an idiot is an idiot full stop/period.

The Light Brigade have yet to post anything worthy of serious consideration other than how best to prove it false, remain within T&Cs, & mock it into oblivion.

[/music - "Theme from Wonder Woman"]

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Woops!!!!!!!! Baid............More tonic with your Gin ??????????? James on your mind????????

I think you meant to say Wayne Herschel ?????? HIC.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

I'd like to know who "ATS Info Agent" is too. I could easily imagine nenothtu being devious enough, or BIAD finding it amusing enough, but I wonder if SO, or any of the upper echelons of ATS may have been poking around in this debacle for longer than we know?

Nope, it wasn't I. I tried to register there, and my registration shows up as "nenothtu", but I never got the activation e-mail that would allow me to post. Basically, I can "log on" there, but can't post anything. Made me wonder what the point of logging on was, so I eventually stopped even logging on, and just lurked. After a couple of days of waiting for the activation, I got caught up in other things and moved on, just checking in over there every once in a while to see what was happening.

I registered as "nenothtu" because I wanted Gorgonzola to KNOW who was on his/her six, because I wanted to see if I could get a response out of them. I've noticed a curious thing - a certain class of individual no longer responds to any of my posts directly, even when directly addressed. I have a theory about that, but I'll keep it under my hat for the time being, and only say that I don't think I'm being "ignored" since I get indirect responses sometimes.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I have a question though and it's aimed at Nenothtu really.
Can you show us a connection between James Herschel and Blossom
Goodchild? That thread reall caught my eye, when it arrived here on ATS.
Cheers.

The post I made slightly upthread yesterday evening, concerning Wayne Herschel's attempted use of Blossom Goodchild's hoax to further the arrival and propagation of his new cult is one such link. Admittedly, it's sort of tenuous, in that it doesn't show any sort of real contact or coordination between the two, just Wayne trying to hijack the limelight.

I seem to recall reading where Wayne had claimed to have been in contact with Blossom (through e-mail I think) and had coordinated the "revelation" of his religion timed with her claimed GFL disclosure in 2008, but I can't swear to that until I find the reference to support it. I could be misrecalling, getting my wires crossed among the tangled webs of those two hoaxes which were intertwined at that time.

I have nearly a gigabyte of stuff concerning this hoax and all the branches I could follow backed up at this point. I'll sift through it to see what I can do about that connection, but it will likely take several days since I've only got a couple hours a day to devote to it for the next few days.

The backup archive has reached the point where I have to burn it to DVDs in order to distribute the insurance copies. Data CDs just won't hold enough now.

Yeah, Wayne and Judy, INSURANCE copies of the backup archive. They're regularly updated, and sent to various physical locations. Don't try that gain. There are computers and internet access points all across this planet, and I can travel to another relatively quickly if I need to in order to let slip the dogs of retribution, and release the whole shebang early.

edit on 2010/11/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

I took it to be just an off-the-cuff remark that any regular poster here would have made regarding Judy following this thread - hell, I would have said the same thing. Except I would have said it like this:

Netties Hermit: The regulars here are quite sure that Judy Fältskog reviews this thread. After nearly seven months we have gotten to know her MO, her writing style and most importantly, her timing. Some members have even received PMs from Judy's friends and colleagues and have been in contact with them. Some of us even got the pleasure of watching the very same MO, writing style and timing over at dcmb's blog. I myself would bet the house that she does and I can be quite a conservative gambler.

Aye! I would have thought that ANYONE keeping up with this story could have figured that out by the responses that show up elsewhere to comments made in THIS thread! For example, the claim made elsewhere that Bunken Drum and I were ignorant to the intricacies of electronics after we had a discussion HERE, not there, concerning the viability of using a Light Sensitive Diode to "receive" extraterrestrial UV communications with a radio apparatus!

That's only one example of many.

It doesn't take "tracking", it doesn't take a rocket scientist, and it certainly doesn't take a NASA astrophysicist! All it takes is observation of which comments were made where, by whom, and when, and an ability to count up to four, by twos.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Reply to Bunken Disorderly!

I'd like to know who "ATS Info Agent" is too. I could easily imagine nenothtu being devious enough,
or BIAD finding it amusing enough, but I wonder if SO, or any of the upper echelons of ATS may
have been poking around in this debacle for longer than we know?

Sadly, it ain't me!
It's 4.30am here and I'm just about to set off to work in the latest onslaught of snow.
I can only presume that if I was a 'ATS Info Agent' then Mr. OverLord would've provided
me with better hours and better conditions to do such an undercover task.
You never see James Bond trudging through the snow in the wee-small hours.

Although, I do chat to a young couple who come into the store about ATS and the latest
'goings-on' here... does that count?

True, it would be amusing to pass oneself as an agent that prowled the sites, but with
this dress and my requests for fashion tips... well, it would only be a matter of time
before I would be revealed.
I blushed there!

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join