It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
*Comms, you're out of your tree again!*
Nenothtu, your posts are an example of why I keep coming back to ATS, b/c I find more people here than elsewhere that, whether intuitively or explicitly, undertand that a noun is the name of something, not the thing itself & wish to discuss RL, not just abstract philosophy. Following from this understanding, its clear that, if any of us truly wish to say "namaste" to each other, the only form of language we can use is metaphor, based on the sum total of our personal experience & knowledge, in the hope that our audience will have enough of similar to decode the words back into the non-language-specific concepts they originated from. It boils my blood that there are people such as Herschel, "TPTB", forum moderators, possessive parents, jealous lovers, insecure bosses, etc. who will use whatever power they have to prevent others from having the opportunity to understand that which they themselves cant, &/or dont like, & whats worse is that often such people dont actually even have a sincere position, they're just working from fear &/or greed. Still, what can you do?
Imo, the only right thing is an intellectual bitch-slapping, b/c the only other effective solution would be RL assassination, since a RL bitch-slapping would leave a resentment that could very well come back to haunt.
Target the leaders? Yeah mate, but any army must also have a cohoot of officers & NCOs to keep it moving in the leaders desired direction & politicians in the background creating the conditions for the army to exist. I say these are all legitimate targets...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Due to other commitments and possibly time differences, I am arriving late to the party.
Forgive the pompous way I respond to fellow posters.

Eletheia:
There he goes again.........incidiously .trying to link himself to a FAMOUS AUTHOR insinuating
that Dan Brown, used Waynes research talk of academic circles and so on...............

To bathe in another's light and to reflect that light shows that Mr. Herschel is nothing but a moon...
a grey lifeless orb that fools the intellectually young into believing that their goal is found.
Granted, occasionally that ball of swiss cheese blocks out the true light from the viewer and that
viewer's perception can be convinced the nearest object is bigger than the one attempting a
corona, but the experienced skywatcher knows it's only temporary and the real light of day will
once again, hold sway.

Bunken Drum:
Eddie at Balaclava?
I do recall a strange chap at this battle, but there have been many tussles throughout history that
the poor eyeless creature in that shameless short dress has stumbled into, it's sometimes difficult
to understand his ramblings during this 'ironing-the-dress' evenings.
BIAD seems to always find himself in the wrong place at the wrong time and with Balaclava... the
fault lies with the No.48 bus.

I won't dwell on the reasons, but suffice to say the man/girl ended up in the Ukraine because of
a driver's poorly-situated Nat-Sav.

This Eddie character did not attempt any amorous passes... this I can say categorically.
The hermaphrodite stated this at a later court-marshall and I distinctly remember what 'Eddie'
actually did. (Again, forgive the ramblings, BIAD flits in and out of myself like a winter-fearing butterfly)

I recall BIAD relating how as he stood shivering in the North Valley and the large red public vehicle
faded from his wig-covered view... even residue light is drawn back through time -it seems...
he noticed a raggedy man stood alone among the heaps of steaming horse flesh and broken humans.
The air still crackled with the energy used here and BIAD could see the wounded and dead men in
their uniforms laid in the scrub vegetation near the end of the valley.

Eddie looked up from his endeavours and pulling the shot-holed fluttering flag away from his face,
he rasped "run to the hills... run for your life" BIAD pouted and remained still.
The wind that swept down the valley was cold and the last of the cannon smoke raced around the
man/girl's newly-waxed legs and made him shiver.

Ignoring the banner-carrying Eddie, BIAD grabbed a garment from the ground and held high to see
if it would fit. "This would make a fine cardigan" BIAD said to himself and jammed his arms into
the welcoming sleeves with haste.

The rest is history, boys and girls... one can find it in the many books.
One could go on and I suppose I should slap my thigh and assume it's an opportunity missed.

merkury:
Hoodwinked indeed!
edit on 29-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left water canteen in Edit Room.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

To think of it! I once saw Wayne, in a bid to demonstrate his far superior intellect and much greater
knowledge of Astronomy, tell a fellow to "do the math".

Will this involve a cursor? These things are very precise -you know?
I read it somewhere.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
From IReport - 'Waynehersc2' Comments:
ireport.cnn.com...

The 'scholar' if real (funny how the name was removed) was also right by the way:
The interpretation of a divine presence on the Sphinx was also accurate as Ra was an important
being from the stars (heavens).

Here is a friendly bet... No average scholar will risk his name and refute this story because
professional worldly ethics are as follows for any scholar:
UFO's do not exist and will be treated as fiction until further notice.

The above is littered with more of Wayne's 'make me famous' bellowing!
'Here's a friendly bet...' You bet your sweet Woronzof that no average scholar will
risk it... the chance to state that whatever comes into Mr. Herschel's head must
be seen as fact!
I've seen the movie -The Gauntlet and' Mally-no-show' had better odds.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

To think of it! I once saw Wayne, in a bid to demonstrate his far superior intellect and much greater
knowledge of Astronomy, tell a fellow to "do the math".

Will this involve a cursor? These things are very precise -you know?
I read it somewhere.

Yeah, that's what I hear... some to within a meter, more or less. That's vertically, of course, horizontally, it's considerably less accurate - about 45 meters, which is half of a 90m SRTM topo grid.

Blast that Google Earth! He should have used MicroDEM. with the proper data, He could get that accuracy down to mere centimeters, maybe 2 to 4 vertically, and 10 horizontally.

Then he'd never again get trapped in a hidden Sphinx chamber when the floods come!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sod it! Here's a bit of RL thats also a metaphor (mods please note that if you dont get the relevance, that doesn't mean others wont):
1 of my most upsetting experiences of parenting came when a child of mine came home from school & said, "Eh, dad? You know god made the world, right? Why did 'e make it like this?"
I honestly broke down in tears & had to leave my wife to deal with the situation whilst I went to the pub to get my head together: a few of pints, game of pool (which I lost) & some random chat - by then I had a list of books in my mind that that kid was going to read, or have read to them, if it 'kin killed me!
Outside of maths, where an operation performed with some numbers will lead to other numbers irrefutably, IDK anything (I'm going with Lao Tzu & Socrates on this). However, I am able to accept that & function on my suppositions. I dont need to pretend certainty to myself or anyone else. I "certainly" dont need to attempt to make others accept my suppositions as fact: I'm just not that insecure, jealous or cruel. Actually, quite the opposite. When it comes to water fowl on the horizon, I wont express an opinion, for fear that others may believe that what I'm talking about are ducks, when I realise that, for all I know, they could be like Douglas Adams' mice: the physical form of the multi-dimensional progenitors of everything we, in our limited way, experience as reality.
So, when anyone tells us what to think & gets annoyed if we disagree, like Wayne Herschel, Margaret Thatcher, (sorry, but its online) Hitler, or any other person, I know they have an agenda that most probably isn't in my best interests (ie, in the vernacular, its utter bollocks).

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

It's the so-called door that intrigues me... as nobody thought to strike a blow for
human discovery and tunnel into the back of the poor statue's head?
Is the 'cement' or clay not different? Surely somebody would've noticed the damn thing?

Questions that I daren't ask him, knowing the 'false light' will once again, illuminate him.
edit on 29-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left ball roller in Edit Room.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Jedis are real. I've seen them on TV before! There are even a few clips of them in action at YouTube, so I can PROVE they're real!
Oh yeah, we're real alright! I once made a film of us... Sadly, we were just learning video production, so the scene where I appear myself is badly rotoscoped & you can see the end of the broom-handle I was waving about, rather than the handle of a light sabre which we remembered to attach to the glowing phallic symbols in the rest of the film. Hey ho: we weren't trying to perpetrate a hoax, so we couldn't be bothered to go back & fix it.
Probably the most useful bit of the film is the comedy out-takes, where you can see some proper ridiculous behaviour without any vis fx (or excessive light) obscuring what could be a good lesson in what not to do if you're trying to make a serious film without wasting money by dicking around...
No, I'm not going to post a link, that'd be personally identifiable info &, thankfully, against T&Cs.
I'm thankfull b/c I do have some self-respect, Wayne et al, &, since I'm generally trying to be serious here, I wouldn't want my blatantly obvious failures to be seen in the light...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

There he goes again.........incidiously .trying to link himself to a FAMOUS AUTHOR insinuating that Dan Brown, used Waynes research talk of academic circles and so on.
What I'd like to know is why anyone who was trying to be taken seriously would want to be associated with Dan Brown? I mean, Dan 'kin Brown? The man who expected us to actually consider that a "V" shape in the painting "The Last Supper" has significance? I've got a "V" at the top of the crack of my arse: it doesn't mean I'm a member of some ancient secret society.
ETA: Actually, I am. Its just that we have no name, no hierarchy & no structure: that's what makes us "Perpetual". Still, I've seen plenty of V-shaped arse cracks belonging to people who aren't 1 of 'us'.
edit on 29/10/10 by Bunken Drum because: I was daydreaming when I thought I'd finished.

edit on 29/10/10 by Bunken Drum because: Typos: I need bed - she's not here!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I've got a "V" at the top of the crack of my arse: it doesn't mean I'm a member of some
ancient secret society.

I wouldn't be too hasty on that call -Mr. Drum... we don't know that what we may be
unknowingly attached to -through our parents lifestyles.
For BIAD, a creature from a glass tank, his ancestors are chemicals and any baggage
from a past can only be from his Creator... but I digress.

I agree that Dan Brown must have wrote his book knowing that the swirling mists of
'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' would shroud his tome in intrigue and speculation.
He played an unknown tune to the 'guy in the street' and yet, any scholar of religeons
and the such, would have surely known most of the garnish in the plotline.

Masada -to the average guy, would be that 'foreign town' where that crazy Roman
-Peter O'Toole built a big road to get into the place, with Judiac Peter Strauss looking
on.
Qumran -to some, is a possible Quorn spin-off and a Coptic tractate called 'Pistis Sophia'
would be a surgically-implanted length of hose to stop you rushing to the bathroom in the
'wee'-small hours.

It was a new form of candy and some folk marveled and whooped, but some wondered
how they could use it.
edit on 29-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: I left Polly to do the printing.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Yes, you get to pick the color of the suit - as long as it's drab. The sunglasses, however, are issue, and therefore non-negotiable.

Also, you need to practice being stone-faced, for effect.
No way! In Marty's Mworld, BIAD's an MIB, but that doesn't contradict being unemployed & bored, b/c there's no such thing as unemployment. Actually, its all an alphabet soup agency run plan to make people think they may end up unemployed, so that they'll work their socks off for a pittance. However, actually, they are all secret agents dedicated to tirelessly, feverishly even, preventing us from seeing the light of Onanism... Oops I meant Waynekerism... Damn! Sorry: Oneism.
A suit would be far too conspicuous. For BIADs special assignment, the B of MIB refers strictly to lingerie & its the wet lipped pout thats required!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by merkury

Hi merkury,
in defence of Mr. Herschel, power can be an influencing force and those who
wield it can come to rely on it so much, that the power becomes greater than
one's discipline to command it.

I think that's where our friend is at the moment, the theories have brought him
a buzz, a thrill that calls to him with arms wide and promises of high times and
great riches.
Does he master this force and strives to prove his theories with evidence that
indicates his beliefs? Does he show a maturity and take time to show his theories
in a fair light to the ones who hunger for it, for those who will devour it without
a second glance?

This notoriety is a heady potion and the bubbles that fizz and pop like fairy
giggles is addictive and the owner can become fierce in his wants to own it.

I give you this below as a melodramatic resemblance of this quest!!
Enjoy.

edit on 29-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left strange bonnet in Edit Room.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I know my previous posting had a 'vampire' connection from the video and
on to Dr. Judy's thirst for that sort of dark fiction and I thought I'd share a
pondering that tickled in the wig-shrouded gourd of mine.

If Wayne and Judy/James knew each other earlier -as implied on this site,
Could these hoaxes and 'wild' theories have been dreamt up then?... when
their world was younger?... when they were first setting out?
It's certainly something to delve into.

They may have seen the 'Elmer Gantry'-like ways of the travelling Ufo merchants
and watched how the audience became enthralled with each word.
A 'crashed craft' here and a 'unknown debris' there makes the crowd lick their lips
and yearn for the fuzzy images on the back wall... Wayne and Judy may have smelled
the taint and knew it's potential.

Is there any evidence that these two met? I don't know... it's probably a dead-end and
I'm maybe just looking for a poetic beat to all this, but I know that some rivers run deep
as well as fast.
Maybe Nenothtu, dcmb1490 or RICH has some thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I hope you can tell that I could've, & should've, included you in my post about returning to ATS over & again. Coptic catheter: brilliant! There's more candle-power in that throwaway comment than anything I've read from the Light Warriors in this debacle.
Imo, "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" was a pretty interesting & well researched effort. Is it true? I suspect there could well be a/some grand poobah/s that know, but we'll never know. I'm not sure it actually matters much, just so long as we know that we dont know, you know?

I wouldn't be too hasty on that call -Mr. Drum... we don't know that what we may be
unknowingly attached to -through our parents lifestyles.
I'll tell ya, if my ancestors were/are members of a secret society, it must be a pretty crap affair, b/c they're not rich, not happy, don't know why & have/will go to their graves that way. I think the only reasons I got admitted to the most secret society was that the genes that made a V out of my upper buttocks also made a similarly shaped receptacle out of my mind. Some random ingredients got in their whilst I was very young & polymerised to form a rudimentary sieve that kept out some of the larger lumps of poo just long enough for it to go from lowercase to a cauldron without being filled by crap.
These days, there's a Kraken lurking below the waterline. It doesn't like its environment polluted, so it shoves excrement to 1 side whilst I consider it. Eventually it gets annoyed. For a sea-monster it makes quite a strange sound when it expunges detritus: it sounds almost exactly like someone saying "utter bollocks".
Still, as you say, there are members of this club that dont realise they are. It doesn't matter. We dont need a secret handshake to recognise each other, eh? Tell ya what, if Wayne ever was a member, which I doubt, he's been blackballed now!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

ATS has created some strange bedfellows through this Hoax thread and I've
watched as some have called it a day and fell away, new posters have picked up
the baton and set off sure-footed to find out the full story of this UV signal foolery
and Wayne's part in it.

I personally hoped it was true and we had the earth-changing opportunity
to listen in on those species that had the capability to shout across the galaxies
at each other.

We would sit along side the slight girl with the nose piercing and NASA baseball
cap and gaze into the complex strands of the message. Wayne would relay the
information out with a confidence and those sad South African eyes would brighten
with each of his words we held on to.
The world would listen and quietly hope that these two youngsters would one day meet.

But it wasn't to be. As I typed the above, an elation thrummed through my body and
a small smile... (never as big as BIAD's!)... touched my lips.
I was cheated, I was told I am still alone in the Universe and the cold and the loneliness
of deep space are the only ones out there singing their song.

So we dig, we go the other way and find the 'why's' and the 'who's'... these two made that
smile dissipate.

edit on 29-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left hopes and dreams in Edit Room.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I spoke to BIAD regarding his NSA uniform and he agreed to allow me
one of his pictures that were taken at a NSA photo-shoot for a calendar.
Here is the image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e925e320ac2.jpg[/atsimg]

Now back to the thread's real purpose.
edit on 29-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left Photo Album in Edit Room.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Ah, and therein lies the rub. I'm with you on this - I have no business telling other "what" to think, or really, probably, "how" to think, but what I WILL do is tell them "what" and "how" I think. They can pick that up and run with it, or take severe issue with it, or even ignore it altogether, but the one thing I won't allow is for them to STIFLE it.

Wayne's issues with free speech, and his attempts to stifle same simply because his pet theories can't stand up to close scrutiny (and so that scrutiny must be stifled at all costs, lest his "theories" suffer and his minion base shrink) is the main reason I'm still even on this trail. True, it provides a fascinating psychological and philosophical study, and as "real life mysteries" go it's pretty riveting, but my main motivation is making it know that I will not be silenced for any one. Whether folks find merit in my ideas, or the way I apply logic, is really just a byproduct. The main thrust in my mind is that they be afforded the opportunity to make that determination on their own, sans the "thought police".

You see, NOWHERE have we tried to silence Wayne. NOWHERE. On the contrary, if his notions are not allowed to be put "out there", then no one would be able to figure out just what it is we rant about. No one could make that determination for themselves as to who's brand of logic is superior as applied to every day life and ancient sphinx-landing alien godronauts.

If I were to try to stifle Wayne, and had any degree of success, it would only make ME look like an idiot, ranting at thin air! That, one presumes, is something Wayne hasn't considered, and perhaps should if he intends to silence all his opposition.

Put it all out there in the wild, both sides, let folks determine for themselves what makes more sense.

BD, are you STILL carrying on about the Iron Lady? She must have done unimaginable and unthinkable things to your wheaties for you to still carry that torch. When we're young, some events just have an impact that stays with us forever, even when the perpetrators are gone from the stage, eh?

edit on 2010/10/29 by nenothtu because: I edited out a freudian slip, "fined" for "find". Who knew?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by merkury

Hi merkury,
in defence of Mr. Herschel, power can be an influencing force and those who
wield it can come to rely on it so much, that the power becomes greater than
one's discipline to command it.

I think that's where our friend is at the moment, the theories have brought him
a buzz, a thrill that calls to him with arms wide and promises of high times and
great riches.
Does he master this force and strives to prove his theories with evidence that
indicates his beliefs? Does he show a maturity and take time to show his theories
in a fair light to the ones who hunger for it, for those who will devour it without
a second glance?

This notoriety is a heady potion and the bubbles that fizz and pop like fairy
giggles is addictive and the owner can become fierce in his wants to own it.

I give you this below as a melodramatic resemblance of this quest!!
Enjoy.

edit on 29-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left strange bonnet in Edit Room.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Hi Biad,

I think you misunderstood or misread my first posting, I did not mention the "Infamous Mr. Herschel " at all, although I feel sure that they are both very much mired in this hoax together.

The You- tube link was especially directed for James/Judy. It is of great significance to Judy/James OOPSS!
sorry was it not James that came first ? James/Judy.

This was well before the Vampire era !!!

souter = mislead lie misrepresent falsify beliefs delude hoodwink

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It's the so-called door that intrigues me... as nobody thought to strike a blow for
human discovery and tunnel into the back of the poor statue's head?
Is the 'cement' or clay not different? Surely somebody would've noticed the damn thing?

Questions that I daren't ask him, knowing the 'false light' will once again, illuminate him.
edit on 29-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left ball roller in Edit Room.

I believe it was Napoleon's troops who tried to tunnel into the back of the head via musketry applied to the front to of it, but were less then successful. One would think that the hollow echoes emanating from it every time a shot landed, like the ringing of a bell, would have sparked their interest.

Considering the weathering that the desert sands have scoured into it, it's truly surprising that it still stands after all these years (either 10,000 or 17,500 of them according to Wayne - I forget which it is) if it's hollow. One would think those walls are bound to be wearing pretty thin by now.

Regarding the clay or cement, that should stick out like a sore thumb. I believe the bulk of the Sphinx is carved out of a sandstone bedrock in that area (sandstone bedrock also affect water tables - go figure), so any "doorway" would have to be sealed with some sort of foreign material, such as cement or clay, as you suggest, and so should be HIGHLY visible. It's not like any such doorway is still buried under the sands, like a Valley of the Kings tomb entrance, to be hidden away from view until such time as it's uncovered...

The section of the Appalachians where I grew up is called a "karst" sort of terrain, mostly limestone and sandstone. Water table fluctuations are facilitated by that sort of setup, with sandstone allowing free flow and limestone impeding it - until it get dissolved away in the water, leaving behind huge cavities called "caves". When enough of those cavities get worn away by the actions of the underground aquifers, portions collapse, leaving "sinkholes", which are a characteristic of Karst. All around my house, sinkholes were endemic, some brand new, some thousands of years old. The ground in many places was actually hollow beneath - and I'll tell you from experience that in dealing with hollow stone structures, you can HEAR the Earth echo, even on the surface. Seems like someone would have noticed that around the Sphinx, as many people as go there daily...

Once, in the middle of the night, running around on mountain trails, I heard an echo from inside the Earth that sounded for all the world like clanking machinery. There was only one specific spot where you could hear it. One step forward or backward and it would disappear, but in that ONE certain spot, it sounded like I was about to fall through the surface into a Kobold lair where thousands of little men were beating out sword blades, clanking away. I never found out what really caused it, but it was an odd trick of acoustics caused by SOMETHING. Part of that "something" was undoubtedly the hollow rocks under my feet - I just don't know what caused the "clanking". If hollow, I would think the Sphinx would produce something of a similar nature when struck.

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join