It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
! Curious, I just went over to Wayne's Facebook page and saw this!!

www.facebook.com...#!/wayne.herschel?v=wall

He wants you guys to disprove this. Just posted 30 minutes ago. Get on it.

Well, to be perfectly honest, his specific challenge is this:

-Wayne Herschel- Oh I want to see the folks at ATS try and spam this story as a fake... things are happening in the UFO subject faster that I can find them!!!! thank you Becky Andreason for sending this to me

about an hour ago · 2 people

The first order of business here is to deal with his "spam" allegations. That's not OUR M.O., that would be Wayne's M.O.. He initiated a spam attack against dcmb1490's Wordpress blog, both the blog itself and the Wordpress Staff e-mail account (two e-mail accounts, actually), and I have reason to believe, although without actual confirmation, that he recently launched precisely the same sort of attack against us again, but with more lackluster results.

I've got data backups to demonstrate his spamming attack on Wordpress, both dcmb1490's blog, and the Wordpress Staff e-mail account. Wanna push the issue, Wayne? I'll drop it right on you. Matter of fact, I've got copies of it spread out all over the place, and keep at least one copy of all the data with me, on my person, at all times. I know how you do SO love trying to erase your data tracks on the information super highway, and I promise you, that AIN'T gonna happen this time.

Call my bluff. I dare you. We'll see EXACTLY who the spammers are.

The second order of business is to realize that his mention of us specifically is just an attempt to throw us off of the trail we're already on, which leads directly to HIS door, and send us off on a goose chase, thus giving himself some breathing room to design his next money-making hoax.

Not gonna happen, either. I've already got my mission orders handed out directly by Wayne himself, and I'm not about to go off on a different track.

Nice try, Wayne, but no cigar. Thanks for playing.

How's the temperature in your kitchen these days? Need a good, used Air conditioning unit? You know what they say about not being able to take the heat...

Edit to add: Thanks for the heads-up, though! In reading on further down the page to see what he's been up to lately, I stumbled across his pitch for his seminar to promote his new religious cult - for a price, of course. It comes at just the right time, as I've been concentrating on his "religious movement" in The Book lately. It give yet another example of his Elmer Gantry-esque approach to religion.

Huh? Oh yes, of COURSE I archived that page, too!
edit on 2010/10/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Looking through this thread from beginning till where its at now, I see that you are really sticking to the Disinformation Guidlines and checklist. All Lies, Deception,Insults, Slander, Liabil, Harrasment, Stalking, Fraud, Defamation, Disinformation.... and ABSOLUTELY NO TRUTH!!!!

Just page after page after page of Forged Documents, Photoshopped Fotos, Fraudulent Information, Disinformation and LIES!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ben Rich died in January 1995 So why has it taken so long for this information to be made public? I know that if more than one member of my family had any information of that magnitude it would not have stayed secret for any length of time !

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by moaningmartel

Wayne and Judy are the "photoshop" experts. I would suggest Wayne buys a dictionary with some of his ill gotten gains. I hope his books have better diction and spellings as anyone purchasing is getting little enough for their money !!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Still nothing to add to the thread, I see, and still no evidence to back up your fantasy claims, either.

Same goes to you: "nice try, but no cigar".

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Oh No! You got it WRONG.

YOU ARE THE LIARS, FORGERS AND THE SCAMMERS AND NOT WAYNE AND JUDY!!!!!

This whole thread is just about YOU lot trying to INTIMIDATE, DEFAMATE, SLANDER and HUMILIATE Wayne and Judy with your LIES, DISINFORMATION, FORGED DOCUMENTS, PHOTOSHOPPED FOTOS, and FRAUDULENT STATEMENTS.

Cmon! How much are they paying you lot for this?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Oh no it's you who's got it wrong...........If i'm lying sue me !!!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by moaningmartel

YOU ARE THE LIARS, FORGERS AND THE SCAMMERS AND NOT WAYNE AND JUDY!!!!!

This whole thread is just about YOU lot trying to INTIMIDATE, DEFAMATE, SLANDER and HUMILIATE Wayne and Judy with your LIES, DISINFORMATION, FORGED DOCUMENTS, PHOTOSHOPPED FOTOS, and FRAUDULENT STATEMENTS.

Cmon! How much are they paying you lot for this?

OK, you've brought charges... you're halfway there! Now all you have to do is present your evidence....

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Guys, I think I've cracked the case. Not only is Wayne = Judy. But Wayne and Judy also = moaningmartel!!

BOOOM!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

DING DING! We have a winner!

The clue is the absolute inability of all 3 to provide a shred of evidence to support their contentions!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Isn't it hilarious how moarningmartel claims to have read all 150 pages of this thread. On top of that, he claims to have come to ATS (innocently) to learn, but he only has 8 posts, and all in this thread

What a guy... or is Wayne really a girl? In any case, what a character.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Yes, it is hilarious in a way. I've been going through this thread post by post, looking for links and such for research on "The Book". I've been doing that for a couple of WEEKS now, and am only up to page 103 at the moment. Going through it is a rather time consuming task, and moaningmartel is to be commended if he/she/it has that sort of determination.

What I REALLY suspect, though, is that moaningmartel probably HAS gone through the thread, over a much longer time period, and under several other identities. If I was feeling particularly mean, I'd post the names of those identities for an IP correlation search - but I just don't feel that mean at the moment.

Besides, he/she/it would likely just come back again, under a brand new identity. That seems to be a peculiar modus operandi for some...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here's an interesting read about Wayne Herschel trying to promote his books on Wikipedia through a sham article on himself. It includes most of his standard tactics, like use of sock puppets and massed attacks coordinated on Facebook (although I suspect at this point that their coordination has gone underground - or at least is being accomplished somewhere other than his Facebook wall). It reads... well,... like his efforts to push his books and new cult everywhere else on the internet! Oddly, Wayne goes by the handle "AstronomerPHD" there. well, that IS odd, isn't it? Especially since this discussion took place in September, 2009, before this new "PHD Astronomer" hoax!

Wiki discussion on zapping Wayne Herschel's article

Here are some highlights from that page, to illustrate what I'm talking about:

Given the off-wiki attempt to vote stack, and the admission of AstronomerPHD that he would use sock/meat puppets to circumvent any blocks I would also endorse the page being SALT-ed. Darrenhusted (talk) 18:37, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

"SALT-ing" is a method of preventing a deleted page from being reconstituted and put back again. Here is mentioned an attempt to "vote stack" in Wayne's favor by organizing an assault on the Wiki page via Facebook, and his "Light Warrior" minions, in a similar manner to his (soon to be) famous "spamming assaults".

Wayne, of course, put in a couple of appearances in his own defense. Here is the first:

* Not Delete - As the author in question here and treated as I have been treated so far by a wikipedia group determined to stop my work being listed, I will provide every single query and reference requested. The page yesterday was reduced to a meaningless garble and the anger I express on the Dan Brown Facebook page was justifiable since all the text was reduced absolute nonesense and fabrications. I appologise for the expression of anger. From here forward it is just my online rights I will defend and within the fair specifications that all other authors are subject to. If authors like Richard Hoagland and self published authors without valid measurable discoveries and wild theory like David Ike are listed here then I should not be treated differently.

To add here I acept the self published entry and have no choice being the author to make sure a simple page far shorter than the David Ike page.

People have tried to do this for me but were walked over. I am aware of conflict of interest but will upload neutrally and accurately and since there are so many trying to delete any false entries such entries will soon be removed any way. —Preceding unsigned comment added by AstronomerPHD (talk • contribs) 09:17, 2 September 2009 (UTC) — AstronomerPHD (talk • contribs) has made few or no other edits outside this topic.

One of the replies to THAT went like this:

"I have been treated so far by a wikipedia group determined to stop my work being listed" I think you misunderstand how wikipedia works and what we do here. The first thing to understand is that many of the people editing that article will have never of heard of you and have no interest in your work. I have never heard of you, I have no interest in your work or what you do, and therefore have no interest in preventing your work being listed because of some perceived slight or grudge. How I (and other editors) judge if an article should be on wikipedia is via reliable sources - 3rd party independent mentions of you and your work. When a claim is made "X did Y", we look to see if a reliable source exists to support that claim. It's not about what you write, it's about what other people write about you. As the article currently stands, it does not provide sufficient evidence that you or your work is notable enough for an article. David Ike has an article because he has been discussed by many many reliable sources and we can use those to construct an article. --Cameron Scott (talk) 11:04, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

Here is a notation about the cyber attack on Wikipedia that Wayne was organizing to "vote stack":

# Note about Facebook campaign Herschel (under his real name) has posted to Dan Brown's Facebook iste this request with a link to here: "please copy and paste the code there for Not Delete and add your own personal reason in this final debate. i have pledged to present all the requirements for the page and will prevail. Please join me in this last stand on this wiki debate here..." Dougweller (talk) 11:26, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

# They can bring a thousand single purpose accounts to this page, it will not change the merits of the article, or lack thereof... Darrenhusted (talk) 12:05, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

Oddly, or perhaps not so much so, his Facebook campaign to spam Wordpress into censorial submission ALSO employed a "cut and paste" campaign - although in that case wayne actually provided the precise text to spam with. Yeah, I have it ALL. It will be in the book...

At this point Wayne jumps back into the discussion, slinging threats and ultimatums this time (he also used threats and ultimatums at Wordpress, amounting to blackmail, which is likely the tactic that won the day for him there):

The page has just been Reverted to next to nothing... the false claim by Ove von Spaeth is back and it is not true.

there is somthing drastically unbalanced here and it is about to go online on where others can see the manipulation is rife here!

I will give moderators here an hour to provide a solution to this then i have no other choice other than taking astand against the moderators names who claim all is fair here. I have a full page put together that will upload in an hour... if I have already been blocked it will come from another party. —Preceding unsigned comment added by AstronomerPHD (talk • contribs) 12:34, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

For that, he garnered THIS reply:

"I will give moderators here an hour", What are you talking about? There are no "moderators", this is not a chatroom forum. "it is about to go online on where others can see the manipulation is rife here" I don't understand what you are talking about, all changes to Wikipedia articles are live. "if I have already been blocked it will come from another party" are you threatening to use sockpuppets? If so that could lead to you being blocked. Darrenhusted (talk) 17:17, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

Another comment, citing reasons for "SALT-ing" the page:

Delete and Salt A good-faith search turned up none of the multiple, non-trivial mentions in reliable sources that we require to support claims of notability, and AstronomerPHD's conduct suggests that he'll keep trying to create an article. Dylanfromthenorth (talk) 15:32, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

And:

Delete and salt - This article is a concerted attempt by a group of people trying to promote a non-notable fringe personality and his non-notable books. Salting will avoid future drama when his group inevitably tries to recreate the article. -- Atama頭 17:24, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

And:

Delete due to failing all relevant notability guidelines, and salt due to ricoculous campaign. Verbal chat 18:42, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

Arakunem, I have read the talk page, I have read Dan Brown's wall at Facebook, I have done a number of searches, and I have even clicked on all the links supplied by you, and yet I cannot find a few solid, third party references that would pull this guy (or his book) over the GNG bar. I understand that foreign (that is not US or UK) authors sometimes find it difficult to show the necessary sources, and sometimes that is because their work is obscure or only in translation. That is not the case here, the guy has self-published a book, and no one has been interested. On the Dan Brown page when he implores people to come here it is so the book can have the maximum exposure. If the sources were there, for a book published in the last five years, in English, then we would have found them. Darrenhusted (talk) 20:16, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

In reference to the "puff piece" news articles that Wayne has posted on his pages, scanned from Durban newspapers, this comment was made:

Something to be aware of in regards to the scans - at least one of them has been photoshopped to change it from the original (see article talkpage for more information). --Cameron Scott (talk) 22:09, 4 September 2009 (UTC)

Delete His sole book is self-published. Googling turns up pages that seem to all be linked to what appears also as self-promotion. Is this self-generated notability? BashBrannigan (talk) 06:59, 4 September 2009 (UTC)

You're right, you don't have to be an author or a scientist to be notable, but you do have to do something notable. Herschel's only claim to any notability is his book, which is self-published, not itself a bar to being notable, but his book has not sold in any significant numbers, not has it been covered significanctly by the press, outside of a puff-piece (which has been doctored on Herschel's website) in his local paper. So to sum up: he is a self-published author whose book expounds a fringe theory, and who has been interviewed by a local paper, but whose only coverage comes form his own website, and has been doctored. As for the facebook campaign, having looked at the various pages it is Wayne Herschel encouraging SPAs to come her to register a keep vote, and he has also edited his own page as AstronomerPHD, in an attempt to make himself seem notable... Darrenhusted (talk) 17:56, 6 September 2009 (UTC)

There was other debate, for example concerning the reliability of the newspaper scans (and indeed, one debater said he couldn't trust ANYTHING on Wayne's pages) due to the confirmed photoshopping of the articles he included there tooting his horn.

The upshot was that his Wiki page was deleted, and I presume SALT-ed, because it has not reappeared during the intervening time, despite at least one attempt to replace it.

So then, here's some evidence for you - evidence that Wayne is a self-promoting nobody, with a desperate, and I mean DESPERATE, need to be a "somebody".

Fear not, Wayne. You wanna be famous?

"Yoohoo, I'll make ya FAMOUS!"

You don't need Wikipedia! All you need is a book all about you, that actually gets into distribution channels and goes around the word! Consider it done. Your wish is my command!

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Just one more bit of opinion about the Wikipedia article debate.

This particular opinion comes from Simon McNeil, an author and tutor living in Toronto. It can be found at his blog from 31 August 2009, here.

Turning to Wikipedia, I've been very active in a discussion on the notability of this random pseudo-scientist from South Africa. This guy touts this nonsense about how all the pyramids in the world are starmaps and, well, the whole ancient astronauts thing. Anyway I seem to have angered his fan club and they are now accusing me of having a vendetta against him.

A little hint to the "pyramid power!!!" people: I don't even remember this guy's name when I am not looking at it on my watchlist. That is how unimportant he is to me. I don't know him, don't care about him, and don't have anything against him. He could very well be a very sociable fellow in real life. But his books should be shelved in Sci-Fi / Fantasy. And apparently a very small number of people think his hair-brained theories are actually real! And that is just silly.

L. Ron Hubbard silly.

"L.Ron Hubbard silly" indeed! Didn't he start a new cult too? "Scientology" or something like that. Of course, I doubt Mr. McNeil had dug deeply enough into the mystique that is Wayne to know that he's also trying to get a new cult off the ground, so he can be a leader of something, too - which makes that bit of synchronicity shown above all that much more poignant.

Note also that Mr. McNeil ALSO had accusations of "vendetta" levied against him. Seems to be SOP for the Light Brigades, even on the slightest provocation. ANYTHING to discredit, no matter how flimsy, right?

Here's another little hint for the "pyramid power" people: don't go around pissing folks off, and trying to toss around weight you don't have, and life will go much more smoothly and easy for ya!

Speaking of tossing around weight they don't have, the idea has struck me to begin construction of a science fiction novel after I complete this book and get it into the pipes. Set maybe 200 years into a post-apocalyptic future, this new religion, and the allied "light" religions like the one James/Judy/Aenstrea promoted, and several I see going on around me now, have coalesced into one major religion, which is at war with the people of the real world, the forces in pursuit of Truth.

I think I can make it work, and use this research as historical precedent in it to illustrate the beginnings of the religious persecution of "non-light" religions, by highlighting these early attacks in the names of "peace, love, and light" which are, after all, nothing more than a young war to suppress opposition to their peculiar version of "peace, love, and light" enforced by... well... force!

Yeah, call me crazy, but I tend to view assaults to suppress opposition viewpoints by attempted force and strong-arm tactics as an odd way to promote "peace, love, and light". I'm sort of twisted like that.

Anyhow, I think I might call the forces of the real-world people, which are in opposition to this censorship and brutality meted out in the name of "peace, love, and light" - yeah, I think I might call those forces "The Army of Darkness", in tribute to Bruce Campbell - and of course to underscore their opposition to these "Light" Warriors.

Yeah, that's us, here. We ARE "The Army of Darkness".

No Light Warriors were harmed in the production of this post.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I apologise to the Moderator for being off topic.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
nenothtu - those were some awesome updates!

Any news on this cult he's trying to start up.

Cults are my speciality!

-m0r

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I was browsing around You Tube, when I came across this...
www.youtube.com...

If the Light Warriors, sock puppets, Doc Judy and Wane DO frequent
this ATS site, can you tell me why their's music on this supposed serious
video clip?

One would think it comes off as entertainment and plays to our emotions
through the steady sinister drone and the angelic melody near the end.

... was the detail on the back of the Sphinx erased by time...
... or intentionally scratched off?

Classic.

new topics

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join