It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I suppose when this thread first began, a few here saw it as another hoax thread waiting
to happen. Some came in and jeered 'yeah... you wait!' Some just hoped this was the one
that validated their belief of another place where they would see themselves has equal and
respected... not beaten down by mainstream beliefs.

All these issues certainly alter what a person is typing even if it's only subtle and I can accept
that in certain situations, tempers can run high. When a person... (in some cases here aliens!)
... have a different slant on a subject, I agree with you that debate is the arena that we should
meet in.
MoaningMartel comes from the 'bleachers gang' the guys who watch from the sidelines like
Buddy Repperton in the movie 'Christine' and throw insults and threats.
Which as you pointed out, reside in the realms of schoolyard silliness.

I know many around me see my interest in this subject as also silly.
"Come on BIAD..." they say "... flying saucers?!! It would be on the TV news if anything
happened like that"
And for most, the idea that journalists around the world are our conduit to what's really
going on out there -is what journalism has striven for, the idea of trust is a great one.

Yet, many here still wait at the window and watch the sky... they smile and shrug their
shoulders as their peers (I left that one alone -Wayne!) pass by, their wait goes on.

I feel we must get back on track and discover more about this hoax and the current
background of the hoaxer. Is it over? Is there more?... is there another waiting patiently
in the wings for us to go away.
I certainly don't consider myself important in any of this... dcmb1490, RICH-ENGLAND,
Nenothtu and others have done the hard work, they've followed the spoor.
I'm along for mere make-up tips.

Great thread and keep it coming.

edit on 18-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left 'serious head' in Edit Room.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Sticking with the duck analogy, how do we know its a duck? All we have to base that judgement upon is our senses & experience. All we can truthfully say is that an object which appears to be seperate from its environment & seems to fit the parameters of that which we generally describe as a water-fowl that some eat with orange sauce, is right in front of us.
When I drive past the local wetland preserve, I dont pull over to manhandle these objects & find out if they really are ducks. This is where my morals come in, b/c I think its likely that they are living beings, so I'll leave them alone unless I have a damn good reason not too. If however, 1 turned up in my backyard, behaving oddly, & someone presented me with credible evidence that what appeared to be a duck was actually a complex robot with a fresh marinated tofu+salad sandwich inside, I may well investigate further.
I've had a number of experiences which, to my mind, cast doubt upon a great deal of commonly accepted 'reality', so I must also consider that there could be a great deal more to such water-fowl than the word "duck" ordinarily signifies. For all I can prove, when they migrate, they could be taking part in some mass exercise of duckheadery preparing for that glorious day when they overthrow the hairless apes they share the biosphere with. Its just that it'd take some compelling evidence before I'd even give such a hypothesis a look & a good deal of personal investigation before I'd base any decisions thereupon.
My point here is that we can only guess, but to help us make good guesses, we require good evidence &/or irrefutable argument. The moment someone resorts to nonsense in support of an intellectual position is when I'm highly sceptical. If a position is sound, then any refutation of it ought to be able to be rebutted with logic, or the propounder ought to state that it is simply a personal conviction which isn't supportable.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The world around is what we think it is, but that doesn't necessarily mean
we're correct.
Does a Mallard or Grebe... (maybe even one of them Cohoots -talked about!)
... see the car you're driving as a souless vehicle or a strange new animal that
runs by shouting and belching smoke from it's rear?

For me, they cut open the human body and found no spirit... ergo we don't
have a soul. When we're at our best, the human spirit takes us higher than
anything we can imagine and I think it's the only time you truly touch the face
of God.
And yet the scientists and doctors can't put it in a sample jar.

We should accept the standard ground rules and watch for the thin-parts in our
reality... we may see someone we know peering back... may be ourselves!

edit on 18-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left a tin of alphabet soup in Edit Room.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by moaningmartel

I've just absorbed this and... golly! you astound me.

This world has too many self made heros, flash gordons, supermans, buck rogers,
darth vaders and luke skywalkers, that seriously no one on earth needs you lot to save them...

You do know that the names you mentioned are fictional characters -don't you?
You do know the difference between reality and make-believe -dont you?
It just seems the blase manner you typed it -indicates to myself how you go further
with your last statement:

... from anything or anyone, least of all from Wayne and Judy (who has more honor and
integrity than the whole lot of you put together!

You're placing Wayne and Judy in with fictional granite-jawed heroes?!!!
Classic.

edit on 18-10-2010 by A boy in a dress because: Left a tin of alphabet soup in Edit Room... again

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Honest, I'm real and not a Judy/Wayne sockpuppet.

I more of a lurker on this forum but joined the discussion briefly as I wanted to respond to Judy while she was posting.

I have been following this thread from its inception and feel the detective work along with the conduct of the main posters to be exemplary.

I'm awaiting the release of the Wayne Hershel fraud manifesto with eager anticipation.

I cant help but think exposing him openly as a fraud to put a stop to his work is really for his best interest as well.

He doesn't seem to have the backbone needed to meet his critics eye to eye and stand his ground which seems to be a common quality with all the fraudsters who have made a success of duping the public.

Once again, good job all.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Can't argue with much of that. However some people like their duck with orange sauce, others with plum sauce and then some top Chef could make up some concoction which made the duck quite unrecognisable. But bottom line is ...............it's still DUCK

We all have personal experiences which colour the way we may see things but which ever colour we personally come up with ............the TRUTH never wavers.

I think this is now slighly off topic and giving the hoaxers of this thread breathing space..........maybe you should
continue this point on the thread 'Parable of the immoderate use of apples.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

On the bright side, it shows that I wasn't kidding when I said I have EVERYTHING backed up!
Good sluething there Col. Nenothski (this will make more sense by & by). In an attempt to aid your efforts, whilst I'm sure you guessed that Rob/Marty is English, if I were put up against a wall to be shot, if I didn't express my further opinion, I'd say an inner-city Brit, most likely from the Stoke area. Its the syntax.
Happy hunting!
Oh, & Marty, in the spirit of adhering to "that" Law, if your quoted comments here do refer to supernatural 'combat', be advised that I am neither a Tsarist nor for the British Crown in this valley. However, I'm wearing my balaclava. You can translate that into modern times by imagining me "bally'd-up" on the streets of Belfast.
Mood: a bit tired, disappointed that today hasn't worked out as I hoped, contenting myself with the anticipation of what will almost certainly happen at about 4am. Are there emoticons?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I disagree. I believe that the point I'm trying to make here cuts to the very heart of this story.

some top Chef could make up some concoction which made the duck quite unrecognisable. But bottom line is ...............it's still DUCK
Ok, imagine you're in a posh restaurant. From the menu you select "canard a la pommegranite et galangal, avec petit pois au citron et pommes frites.
What arrives on your plate looks like a piece of modern art, all stacked up in the middle, surrounded by "a drizzle" of juice/joo/zhoo/goo (or however its supposed to be spelled) & artfully carved salad. How do you know that the flesh you're about to eat is duck, rather than a cat that was strangled in the alley behind the restaurant 1/2 an hour ago?
You dont &, even after eating it, you probably cant. All you have to go on is the reputation of the restaurant.
If you suspect you're being fed cat/dog/pigeon/chicken/TVP in place of duck, you could get some kind of investigation underway. However, unless you yourself have the skill & equipment to examine DNA, you must still trust another's opinion. Even if you can do it yourself, you must trust the education of the manufacturers of the equipment & your own, in believing the results. By this stage, the info you're going on isn't even 2nd hand, more like 50th! You've just got to make your best guess.
WTF am I on about? This:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." In the absence of such, since here at ATS we deal with all kinds of subject matter that cannot be easily proved by physical evidence, then the very least we must expect, before giving an hypothesis credence, is a logical argument.
In the absence of such, as in this case, my 1st reaction is, "Bollocks!" I'll not close my mind to the possibility that the propounder of an outlandish idea may be right, but I'll need more than "I reckon. You disagree. I threaten you."

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

French fries with duck? Say it ain't so!

True off topic story: I was actually served an alternative meat at a restaurant once - it was good so I ate it anyway, but chicken's got grain to the meat, you know? It tears in threads.

Sort of like Wayne/Judy's story at first - you can call that duck, but when I look at the meat closely, it's sort of uniform with no real grain to it. Don't know what it is, but it ain't bird meat. And I'm hearing some "meowing" from the kitchen area...
edit on 18-10-2010 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I imagine the 'posh' restaurant would have had a lot more to loose than me by destroying their 5* reputation with such unethical behaviour.

So i am concluding this discussion by saying i took in all my own ingredients in and watched them being cooked

Make of that what you will

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Honest, I'm real and not a Judy/Wayne sockpuppet.

I more of a lurker on this forum but joined the discussion briefly as I wanted to respond to Judy while she was posting.

I have been following this thread from its inception and feel the detective work along with the conduct of the main posters to be exemplary.

I'm awaiting the release of the Wayne Hershel fraud manifesto with eager anticipation.

I cant help but think exposing him openly as a fraud to put a stop to his work is really for his best interest as well.

He doesn't seem to have the backbone needed to meet his critics eye to eye and stand his ground which seems to be a common quality with all the fraudsters who have made a success of duping the public.

Once again, good job all.

Ya know, George Noory had Wayne on Coast to Coast AM a few years ago. Noory praised Wayne and his work. I sure would like to call in if Wayne was ever a guest on any radio program and give him the whatfor.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nice to see you're still paying attention to the thread Mr. Judy. What is this, the 6th or 7th ATS account you've made in the last 6 months.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Really?!!!
If this is true, I'm astounded by his/her doggedness.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

This world has too many self made heros, flash gordons, supermans, buck rogers, darth vaders and luke skywalkers, that seriously no one on earth needs you lot to save them... You do know that the names you mentioned are fictional characters -don't you? You do know the difference between reality and make-believe -dont you?
I hope you know how many worlds you have fractured out there!

Really?!!! If this is true, I'm astounded by his/her doggedness.

I thought I had seen enough incarnations already, but when a new poster pops up again, picking this particular thread to make their very first post......

I think, hmmmm, probably just Judy(or her digital ghost
) OR maybe it really is someone else that they have deluded to the point of caring what people say about them.

Cool new Avvy, BTW.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks regarding the avatar, and I do understand that some here look on Captain America,
Spiderman and Deputy Dawg as inspirational characters and some think Stevie Nicks does
the business too.
I personally struggle with anyone in lycra or wears their underpants on the outside... (I'm not
saying it isn't fetching, mind you)... and when I say 'struggle' I really mean it!

I like you, won't be surprised if Dr. Judy is watching, along with Wayne perhaps, for their
next prodding at some ATS posters.
My uniform comes on Saturday, then I'll be ready!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Judging from my previous battles with them, the flagrant overusage of exclamation points and other crap to try and put some emphasis on a point they thought they were making. Also, they have a tendency to talk in "dumbas speak" as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I'm along for mere make-up tips.
*Acting Major BDsangermanagementova tips her cap to BIAD, simultaneously posing to show off the oil-on-water sheen of her dark purple thigh length boots. She gestures to a company of riflemen behind her, dressed in green so dark its almost black, with purple braid & silver buttons dipped in vinegar so the tarnish prevents them shining, & says, "We're hoping to see The Charge Of The Light Brigade. Since we turned up, we've been listening to Col. Nenothski's battery preparing grape-shot: it promises to be an edifying spectacle of idiocy being brought 'to book'."
She winks at BIAD slowly & knowingly, then adds, "I'm hoping they turn up in tight fitting uniforms, with lots of shiney braid, buttons & sashes. That way they'll at least look pretty before they get blown to smithereens." She gestures to her company again & goes on, "I'm afraid this lot are the scum of the earth & they stink, but they cast they're own ball & keep their powder finely ground & dry... for those longshots that can turn a battle, you know?"
She sighs before muttering, "Then it'll be back to the guerilla campaign to overthrow all stupidity & institute The Anarcho-Syndicalist Republic of BDia - we cant win, but its like that snake that bit the swimming fox: its our nature..." She cheers up & changes tack, "Btw, I've got a tent set up, if you're interested? We could swap make-up tips... & dresses!"*
What I think will actually happen is, when the messenger arrives to tell Col. Van Greunenspride "There, sir, are your troop & there are your guns!", s/he will be curiously absent, as will Gen. Herschelsego. I'll not be surprised if Gen. Nenosegov surrounds the disarrayed Light Brigade to prevent their escape, whilst Nenothski's battery, protected by Cpt. Nenosparanoiavich's lancers, move forward to press their advantage.
Still, I could be wrong, so the samovar's on & I'm watching.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Gosh! That's quite a spectacle you've strew across my imagination, even BIAD is
hopping on the spot and giggling.
The idea of swapping tips in the tent is alluring, but I keep seeing the images of
Dawn French's silhouette on the tent's canvas from 'The Famous Five' spoofs and
hearing her say -as Timmy the faithful pooch can also been seen... "but we like it,
don't we Timmy?!"

It will be interesting to hear from the rest of the troop.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Congratulations!

You've managed to get "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden lodged firmly back into my head, and it won't ... go... away.

It dislodged "Conquest of Paradise" by Vangelis which was previously entrenched there because one of Wayne's minions posted it to his Facebook page just before their last all-out assault. A dismal song, really, and one that had to be labored against, in spite of, rather than allowing the muse to flow. It reminded me of one of those atrocious lugubrious Marches that used to be played during the May Day parades through Red Square in Moscow during the communist Soviet Era of Russian politics.

Now, the muse has started poking me with her sharp stick again, after a lull during which I was nearly lost.

I hope I got the video embedded right, as I've never done it before. Technology bumfuzzles me, but I don't think any UV-capable radio telescopes were harmed in the production of this video. I do like the way Eddie pops out of the pyramid at the end, as if it were a giant birthday cake. I expect he was there to search out and reconnoiter the alien landing pad at the sphinx... and unless I miss my guess, the Battle of Balaclava was where Eddie was created to begin with!

ETA: Looks like it worked - here, any way - and no, I'm NOT going to post "Conquest of Paradise" and get that mess started all over again! I'm fine where I'm at... really!

BIAD - the "drawers on the outside" superhero thing can really only be pulled off with the proper co-ordination of color.

edit on 2010/10/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

BIAD - the "drawers on the outside" superhero thing can really only be pulled off with the
proper co-ordination of color.

This is true and is carved in stone somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join