It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Waxman sneaks anti-vitamin amendment into Wall Street reform bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This like the Fed having control over the banks, basically the fox guarding the hen house. There is no free market in America anymore when businesses govern themselves and can eliminate the compitition through courts governed by themselves.

While no one was looking, he injected amendment language into the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2009 (H.R. 4173) that would expand the powers of the FTC (not the FDA, but the FTC) to terrorize nutritional supplement companies by greatly expanding the power of the FTC to make its own laws that target dietary supplement companies.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The feds are asking for it! Purposely overstepping their bounds and blatantly destroying another industry! I've got a Louisville Slugger and I'm not afraid to use it! Dont make me come up there DC!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

C'mon now, the government is there to protect you.

Just look at the name they are placing on the bill, Wallstreet Reform and Consumer Protection Act.

See, they are looking out for your best interests.

This message brought to you by the FTC sarcasm network.

If this was a real emergency, Waxman would have snuck in some amendment to the bill that removes even more of your rights.

Oh wait, he did!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I wonder if this is how they'll try and deal with amnesty? Or will it be more direct like the treasonous acts commited to pass health care? Funny, do they really think we are this stupid?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
waxman looks like he could use some vitamins.

seriously, wtf is up with that guys mug???

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
waxman looks like he could use some vitamins.

seriously, wtf is up with that guys mug???

He doesn't need vitamins, he needs a big piece of cheese sitting on a big rat trap.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
How do we stop this from happening?

I can not believe that Waxman is the best that California has to offer. It's one thing if he sets policy for his own local area but how did this egit get in a position to set policy for MILLIONS of people from other jurisdictions???

This has got to be blocked!!

[edit on 4/5/2010 by LuFri]

[edit on 4/5/2010 by LuFri]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is because the FTC has some constitutional validity while the FDA really has none. The influence, however, should not be in the area of imposing fictional laws. The bottom line is that people need to recognize these people for their actions and see them as Illuminati and traitors. They should automatically be eliminated by their communities and never be elected to office again.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
No! No! NO!

Don't pay attention to this..., pay attention to the bomb in NYC that didn't go off!

On topic, the CODEX supporters can be found in almost every committee... and they are legislating away our sovereignty based upon their agenda. ALWAYS 'slipping' in the snippets of law that empower the corporate or politically-appointed (non-elected), NEVER debating it, as if it were no big deal.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Henry Waxman may just be a Vogon after all.

Vogon v. Waxman

Only ten days of aromatase inhibition and the part of the brain responsible for "self-motivation" is permanently atrophied. At that point the individual is primarily only rewarded by external means. It's a natural consequence of a hysterectomy, and at least menopausal women still make a little estrogen to maintain the substantia nigra.

Former coc aine users often exhibit substantia nigra atrophy.

Substantia nigra functionality ought to be a requirement for government service and rehabilitation/stem cell regeneration ought to be made available to those who need it.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by elusive1]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
And by the way, Cannabis protects the substantia nigra from excitotoxicity and subsequent atrophy.

Neuroprotection by Delta 9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, the Main Active Compound in Marijuana, against Ouabain-Induced In Vivo Excitotoxicity

It's a philosophical difference between the government which values externally forced discipline, yang, and those who value self-discipline and self-motivation as more precious, yin.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by elusive1]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Browsing over the amendments listed here, I couldn't find what your article is talking about. Do you have anything more specific so that I can pass judgement on the 'sneakiness' of the anti-vitamin nature that the article purports to have. Or should I just be outraged by the ever encroaching government attacking my supplements based on the opinion of one writer?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

I did a google search and found many hits referencing the same article, no other sources. I did however find the blog report below that implicates McCain. I may have jumped to conclusions about Waxman on this and need to look into it further. It just seems that whenever there is an assault on personal freedoms that Waxman is somehow involved if not in the lead so for me it was a logical conclusion.

www.lewrockwell.com...

Waxman’s Anti-Supplement Bill Amendment
Posted by Karen De Coster on May 1, 2010 11:16 AM
The hysteria is being spread without the necessary facts. It started with an article by Mike Adams on Natural News: “Health freedom alert: Congressman Waxman sneaks anti-vitamin amendment into Wall Street reform bill.”

I have criticized Mike Adams before, even though, yes, I am typically on the same side of the fence as he is and I write on much of the same stuff, such as the war on health choice, Big Pharma, etc. I criticize these hysterical, sensationalist article titles that oftentimes have no verifiable facts behind them. One thing about Adams that is unacceptable — he never, ever links to his sources. A story that brings a big issue to light needs sources (links). Adams doesn’t like to give his readers other options — that conveys an attitude of ‘believe me and be done with it.’ What a poor way to educate people.

What Adams is referring to in his story is this: I believe Waxman is trying to regurgitate McCain’s anti-supplement bill that he walked away from in order to keep his campaign alive (as Lew Rockwell pointed out in March). He is trying to add an amendment to H.R. 4173. This is what was reported on the Life Extension website. This is a sneaky, totalitarian, corporate state-favoring move to rehash a bill that might have had McCain in trouble with his 2010 re-election bid if he followed through with it. Currently, McCain is supposed to be working with Orrin Hatch on a “kindler, gentler” form of that totalitarian bill for the future (after/if he wins re-election). So it is unclear which version of the bill Waxman is pushing.

The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians website published a comprehensive rundown on the McCain bill introduced in February 2010. If you read nothing else here, read the five bullet points and you’ll know why Hatch asked McCain to shelve it until after re-election. Now here are some highlights from the revised version of the Hatch-approved McCain bill (the media calls this “more modest safeguards”):

» Require all dietary supplement companies to register with the federal government.

» Give the Food and Drug Administration the ability to issue “a mandatory recall order” if there is a reasonable probability a supplement is spiked or could cause serious health problems.

» Push the FDA to more quickly publish guidelines on new dietary ingredients.

» Require the FDA to notify the Drug Enforcement Administration if they find an ingredient contains a steroid.

By the way, it is the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that is lobbying to obliterate your freedom to choose in its crazed war to “keep rogue companies from spiking supplements with steroids.”

new topics

top topics

join