It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Stephen Hawking—and everyone else—is wrong about alien threats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is my take on it.

They are creatures of some sort, humanoid, bug like etc.

We might be a fun "zoo exhibit" or a science safari but probably anyone being told to go to Earth gets a "ah man, do I have to fly all the way there"

That is until something gives them concern like firing up the flux compacitor of the neutronian warp drive. Then the Repilian overlords of Omicron Persi VIII will be like, No we can't have that mess coming out here and messing this up. Send the strike force

I jest with humor but I think that would be a more likely reason they destroy us, we become a threat of some sort

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

they would have already erased us from this planet.

Unless they haven't found us yet, the Universe is pretty vast.

If they've only just discovered faster than light travel they might be a fairly immature species, the kind that cruises the Universe looking for planets with primitive life like ours, trying to get resources. If they're a more mature species they'd likely observe us without intervening.

I think if aliens do show up there's a good chance it will go badly, Hawking is right, best to discover aliens exist BUT can't get to us.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antor
If "they" (57 different species Clifford Stone) had been evil, they would have already erased us from this planet.
Your opinions.

Hi Antor, when I did post this reply yesterday and reread your OP I thought that it doesn’t really fit in there, so I erased it.

But after rereading it now and see some other contributions I thought what the heck, I place it anyway.

These are my personal views about that matter.

Let me first say that I do not buy the things Stephen Hawkings is saying regarding his view on Aliens out there in any way.

What I absolutely don’t understand from these no doubt intelligent people like him, Michio Kaku and Seth Shostak is this, are they really not aware of what is going on [which I cannot imagine] or do they know what’s going on and are “forced/pressed” in some way to debunk it publicly all away like they do.

So let’s go out from the number of 57 different species as said by Clifford Stone.

One can assume that they all have most likely their own agendas for why they are coming here.

I think that it is very unreasonable and illogic to assume that they are all malevolent to us or to assume that they are all benevolent to us.

Therefore in my way of thinking I assume that there is between those 57 different species [or whatever the real number is] most likely some sort of a partition between those who are benevolent to us; those who are just passive and don’t interfere in any way with us; and those who are malevolent to us.

If that way of thinking is correct, and due the fact that we still not have been erased from this planet it’s not unreasonable and quite logic to assume that the group that is benevolent to us is the biggest group and as it seems also the most powerful.

Because otherwise I think we would not have come as far as we did.

Regarding that assumption I am also thinking that what Paul Hellyer said here is right.

Former federal defence minister Paul Hellyer, 86, believes not only that aliens have visited Earth but also that they have contributed greatly to human technological advances.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I am nonetheless convinced that those beings that are malevolent to us are doing/did doing nevertheless unwanted and unpleasant things to our civilization, and that there is therefore some sort of ongoing powerplay between those Alien forces.

That’s the way I see it in big lines.

[edit on 3/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

There are alot of nations that we deem evil that havent erased us from the face of this planet so I think that argument holds no merit.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Thank you very much for your input. star.

However, the declarations of Stephen Hawking contribute to finally push and spread this important argument to a very large public on Main Stream Media.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

reply to post by spacevisitor

Thank you very much for your input. star.

However, the declarations of Stephen Hawking contribute to finally push and spread this important argument to a very large public on Main Stream Media.

You are absolutely right about that Antor.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

This article is exactly my point of view about this very important issue.

There is no threat out there. No evil aliens.

I personally know some evil aliens. So you are wrong. They have tortured me for approx one year, if not longer by now. Hard to keep track of time when they conatcntly do stuff to you.

The threat of evil aliens will be used as a fear device in society eventually. But nontheless they do exist. Reptilians, and a type of grey are 2 of the "evil" ETs.

If "they" (57 different species Clifford Stone) had been evil, they would have already erased us from this planet.

Its a lot more complicated than that. You see we are somewhat protected from them completely wiping us out. But them controlling our society is how they have been hurting us. Some bad ETs like grounds to make diseases, and torment/abduct people more than they want to just kill all "lesser forms of life". They desire control, and domination. Or if they are good, they want to be possibly allies in galactic operations in the future.

Again, it's not as easy as them just finding us in space and assuming every type of bad ET would just wipe us out is irrational. Especially if the living conditions on our planet are not suitable for them.

Those wanting to control our technology and space influence would take interest in us(and they have).

The reptilians don't want us in space because we would see the truth to our situation and wisen up.. And work towards a finally real enemy, that is of the reptilians. If humans knew the truth about the universe(or galactic region really) they woud smarten up and stop fighting most likely. And unify.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Myuzik]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Myuzik

"They" have tortured you?

This is a confession? Details about it?
Thanks.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the input OP , but I would rather trust my own research and reflections with no assumptions than simply discarding what could be a possible
external threat to our world.

The posibilities are endless, you assuming they would have erased us already discards the possibility that more advanced races would work in a smarter take-over, were they really inteligent.The path with less resistance.Openly fighting someone brings resistance and brutish violent war, we have the means to blow the entire Earth today, do the math.Deceit and lies are much more efficient in that we avoid wasting precious resources, whatever they may be.

Why would they want to take this place over? Hundreds of possibilities there too: strategic position? resources? jealous that we are misusing this precious planet? are bored? etc?

Why take things from here when they can find this anywhere else? Well why do people fight over oil here on Earth , even though they have abundant resources in their own homeland countries?

And why do you assume highly advanced societis necessarily have the same high level of ethics? Because they would have blown theirselves up otherwise? You do not know that, actually you do not know a thing at all that goes beyond this Earth of ours.

They could just as well be from a planet with a super police state, bound together by fear and oppressed to a point of no return where individual freedom does not exist ... while being highly intelectual.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

Thanks Roufas.
Another point of view. Very interesting. star.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Antor]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I would love to believe their are nice aliens out to help us. On the other hand, since I have not see nor heard of any nice aliens. I am more inclined to believe that they would wipe us out for most of what others have said.

Some people use the argument that "If aliens were bad they would of attacked by now!"This is completely false. If aliens did fight, we would throw everything we would have at them, including nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons would contaminate the Earth they are fighting for. It's also possible if we were facing extinction we would just nuke the planet to prevent them from getting it. I am sure they are taking this into account.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
in other words,you are trying to calm yourself down from being scared about disclosure/invasion.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlightOfTheNavigator

That isn't necessarily true. If one of those nations suddenly was given a spacecraft that could blow any nation away, and still have the firepower to totally protect their own country, would some of those countries us it? I think so!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I would have to agree with the OP on this one.

However, its the government that I don't trust. They will be the first ones to know if we are being visited or not, and its there "smear campaign" that I truly fear.

I can totally see big brother using aliens as a scapegoat to secure there military complex-and huge black budget ops.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I bet any "evil" extra terrestrials would use more subtle ways of conquest. I bet you they are just siting back, enjoying watching us devour ourselves without them having to lift a finger.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I agree with Stephen Hawking. The Spaniards wiped out the Indians in much of the population of Mexico, North and South America with small pox spreading. A disease that killed the people off before they ever even saw an alien Spaniard. Read the book 1491 to discover more.
If an alien species were to develop space travel, it would be to colonize or find more resources. Or to visit the zoos and go on an adventurous vacation. To board a space ship and leave all your family and friends would be an aggressive, courageous, insensitive act. Maybe that commitment would be based out of desperation. The aliens would worry about diseases from all planets. Who knows if they even breathe air? Our planet is an ideal realestate location for types of alien species who live in similar enironment to ours.
What if their people have been at war? Possibily they are looking for a new home, or even a vacation home for that matter. If they wiped the humans out with disease they could move right in and use our buildings.
I think anything is possible. What is special about our planet are the people, the animals, and the beautiful environment.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Like OP said, if they had evil intentions we would have been destroyed already.

AND : They have very advanced technologies. You probably need to be a class 1 civilisation to be able to travel between systems. What does it means ?
It means that they are advanced enought not to need to pillage another planets to survive. They can live sustainably by their own , no need for them to invade our planet. They have more to gain in studying us, like we study animals on or planet, than to destroy or modify our civilization.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

reply to post by hippomchippo

Maybe. But I trust in Sgt. Clifford Stone. Honest, sincere and very brave man.
This could help.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, but thats irrelevent, if Clifford Stone knew every single alien out there in our galaxy, then he would have a point, but he supposedly only knew 57, who's to say there aren't aliens that aren't in Clifford Stones knowledge that are not benevolent?

Not all aliens civilisations are benevolent. But the more advanced, are. After a certain level of technology , you become self sustainable and you don't need to loot others. You automatically become benevolent. Races that can do space travel are, without any doubt.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Antor

Thanks
, it is just logical thinking though!
Some people just seem to jump in the "love" bandwagon with no reasoning behind it other than their own beliefs.

reply to post by ickylevel

Those are merely assumptions that have no evidence based on it.Would not discard it either since this IS all conjecture,
but keep in mind the other side of the coin too (read my post
), not enough to discard the "evil" alien scenario.

reply to post by ickylevel

Sorry, no evidence to support that either,we cannot prove higly advanced societies can create whatever it is they need out of thin air, they could just as well have stripped their own world's resources and go around the galaxies colonizing what they can as means of survival.

Even if that was the case, it does not mean the "good guys" would come here, much the contrary IMO.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Myuzik

"They" have tortured you?

This is a confession? Details about it?
Thanks.

They have done all sorts of things to me. 30 minute long pain/clautrophobia tortures, to mental torture.. All sorts of horrible things. Bad dreams. One thing the greys have done to me is take control of my eyes and make them look upward so i cant see anything, and i cant do a dam thing about it but wait for it to stop. The last 3 days ina row they have been giving me bad heartburn at night waking me up doing stuff to me.

I have been through tons of stuff at the hands of bad ETs. I know for sure they are out there..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join