It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Prompts UN Walkout

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracydude
Can you blame them? The Iran prez is a crazy with a big mouth.

better crazy with a big mouth then what we have in the middle east with Israel
and the US which is Crazy and trigger happy

how do these idiots expect to get thing sorted if they run out like kids if they dont like what the hear?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hate the Israeli government? RACIST!

Hate the Iran government? WELCOME ABOARD!

Catch my drift?

I can't say for sure or not that Iran is or isn't enriching uranium for peaceful/war purposes, however I find it utterly disgusting that Israel is allowed to keep up their nuclear arms without as much as a look in at what they have.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Awesome to see them walk out, just plain awesome. It's like when your parents yelled at you as a kid and you yelled "I'm not listening" and stormed off. It almost seems like they are trying to get war with Iran, which wouldn't surprise me considering how out-of-control our government has become.

We need mature diplomats who can actually try to... avoid conflict. That's the whole damn point of diplomatic negotiations, to talk it out and exhaust all avenues before even discussing military action. It seems like they are just skipping that and moving right to offensive action.

The USA needs to abandon the whole preemptive war philosophy, all it does is make the world hate you, and you don't accomplish anything save making enemies and ruining the country's image.

And as crazy as people say Ahmadinejad is, he does make good points. Why is Israel permitted to have over 150 undeclared nuclear weapons when Iran can't even have one. Iran hasn't gone on the offensive for over 100 years.

If I was a country without nukes, being threatened by a country with over 5,000 and a country with over 150, I would want them too. If you don't have nukes, and a country doesn't like you that has them, of course they are going to threaten to use them. Is it possible that Iran just wants to be on an even plane with other countries around the world? Isn't that fair?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by observerone]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I hate to side with Ahmedinejad but the transcript of his speech is entirely the truth. I also fail to see what kind of message a "walkout" sends. It sounds like something a teenager does to piss off his mom. Why not just debate him?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I've been wondering what kind of signs we might see before "Iran's people need liberating".

I think the following video is the beginning. I 1st saw this on MSNBC a couple of days ago.

Now supposedly MSNBC is a liberal channel.

This commercial is interesting in several factors:

-the troops are dying
-Iran is behind all terrorism
-Green Energy will get us off foreign oil
-Foreign Oil Producing nations are terrorist supporters(does that include Canada?)
-Support our troops

They tried to hit every voter demographic for this one(Far Right, Middle Right, Libertarian, Middle Left, Far Left).

The fact that they bring up Iran at all is hilarious since the US doesn't import oil from them at all(Sanctions). Iran got into trouble when the CIA failed in their mission and it's going to take some time to return to stability.

He had some good points though. It's kind of hard to argue that.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I hate to side with Ahmedinejad but the transcript of his speech is entirely the truth. I also fail to see what kind of message a "walkout" sends.

I think it sends a very grim message. It seems childish certainly. But it's for a reason.

They won't sit down and listen to Iran, not even at an NPT conference about nuclear weapons. They've passed a 4th round of sanctions.

I heard on RT news that Ahmedinejad said that the sanctions would effect Iran (which I think is untrue) and that this meant the path to negotiation with the USA was now closed.

If negotiation has come to a stand still after a 4th round of sanctions. It seems like there might be no more that can be done by diplomacy. Especially when they won't even talk to each other and walk out on speeches in this manner.

So what's next? Do they wait and see what Iran will do? Is Ahmedinejad merely stalling and getting even more time? Some of the things he says don't ring true but I've found the man to be a very able and cunning diplomat. And I don't know if Obama is able to handle him.

And given some of Clinton's statements recently and in the past, if it is left up to her this will probably go bad.

Quite frankly I've found her attitude to be rather patronising. Like I can't tell the difference between anti Semitism and anti Zionism.

There have been rumours here on ATS of an Israeli strike in summer. And the US has been told to draw up new attack plans.

So the message this act sends is really not good.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Hate the Iran government? WELCOME ABOARD!

They only desire your ruin: Hatred has already appeared from their mouths: What their hearts conceal is far worse. We have made plain to you the Signs, if ye have wisdom. (Qur'an, 3:118)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It sounds more and more like you people would sit and give audience to Adolf Hitler himself!

Even Hitler fooled enough people in Germany to gain power and likeability. When your people are miserable, buy a round at the bar and tell them all the great things you can give them. On the side make a case against a group of people and have them exterminated with gusto.

That quote of killing anywhere between 90k and 1 million innocent people is pure poppycock...What kind of weatherman statistic is 90k - 1mil???

How many of the 90k - 1mil were actually enemy combatants? How many were actually killed by US forces?

When youre sitting in the UN, there isnt much else you can do to show your disagreement or lack of support for a country than to walk out during a rambling diatribe.

My idea is this...Have Obama, Ahmajeenadad (i know spelling), whoever the rep from england, the rep from israel and the rep from china all sit down and duke it out on a free for all match of call of duty...winner gets what they want...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join