It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Prompts UN Walkout

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't support Ahmadinejad (nor almost any other ruler for that matter), but you know what? I was watching this video on page 2 from Russia Today, and from 3:18 onwards, almost everything he says is true.

He said that the USA created the Nuclear Bomb on WW2 to have an advantage against it's enemies. That is correct.

He said that the USA (and only them) used the Nuclear Bomb against Japan. That is correct.

And he also said that, because of the invention of the Nuclear Bomb, the USA started a race between many countries in the world (like Russia, China, Pakistan, etc.) to go after producing their own Nuclear Bombs. That is, in my humble opinion, also correct.

So, the least a representant from countries like USA, UK, France, Netherlands, etc. needs do is to sit down and listen to him. He's is not a homeless babbling about some lunatic thread. He is the president of a country wich is the middle of a very serious debate. This the UN, a place to intermediate conflicts, not High School. Everyone there needs to treat the other with respect, because there's a lot at stake there.

Unless, of course, that there are other plans for Iran besides understanding between them and the Western countries.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Another staged act for favor Israel aggressive politics against Iran. Again

Israel never started a fight with Iran, Iran got itself involved. They pay the consequences now.

That doens't make Israel right. But it sure as hell doesn't make iran right either. There is no right here.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Any and all human life is precious regardless of were you are born, and people should be praying for our leaders ,I am Hopefully praying they recieve some clarity and strength ,we are in very dangerous times .Its a pity they act like children walking out .Iran dont want a war it can not win.I think its about a lot more than them haveing nukes its about global domination and the last countrys in the way.

The people at the Un should respect him because he represents a lot of people in his country when all is said and done,That is a valid reason right there.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by dashar]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaseninja
I just don't understand it. Why would anyone be such a ass to someone else? Atleast be civil enough to listen to them instead of running away from their problems. I think this is what's wrong with our government. If they would listen not just to other countries but to it's citizens we would be better off

They make a fuss and storm out, as a way of stealing the headline - instead of news outlets (in general) reporting on what he was saying, they lower their standards and go after ratings by reporting childish nonsense because its entertaining to idiots. This effectively nullifies what he had to say, and distracts everyone from what he did say.

I'm not sure if Iran is going after nuclear weapons - but it wouldn't surprise me - and if all the other major players in the world have a policy of MAD and deterrence - why should Iran be any different in their modus-operandi.

Israel is a major destabilising factor in the region and has nuclear capability, and are just as irresponsible as Iran would be if they had nuclear weapons. The western world is gearing up for war with Iran, I would want as much deterence as possible also.

We are all supposed to be moving away from fossil fuels to better the world, and most western nations are advocating (stupidly IMO) that nuclear power is the best way forward to maintain stability - Iran does the same thing, and we all want to cripple them with sanctions for some stupid reason.

Is Iran believing we are in End-Times any more stupid than Israel believing they are the Chosen-Ones?

I know what makes more sense to me.

Stockholm, a modern day city symphony
The dying Mother Nature once sang this hymn for me
It's all vanity to try and uplift the crowd
Ain't no use, no one can stop them now
She quoted Bob Marley and I came to the conclusion
Total destruction is the only solution

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Why are they even allowed to get up and walk out. It's the UN, they should have to sit there and listen to every single thing these speakers have to say even if they disagree with them.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It is amazing at how ill-informed so many of the bashers of the walkout are, regarding the history of walkouts at the UN, so let me try to educate those with some FACTS:

The FIRST walkout at the UN was executed by RUSSIA, and GUESS WHY they walked out?

Yup, you guessed it, over Iran!

Mar 28, 1946 - RUSSIANS WALK OUT ON UNITED NATIONS COUNCIL MEETING IN NAY, Ambassador Shocks Delegates With His Action On Iranian Situation . New York, March 27— ins)— Russia walked out of the Security Council meeting today after Ambassador AndreiA . Gromyko's motion for a postponement of the Iranian ...

news.google.com...,3288660&dq=walkouts+at+un+history&hl=en

So for the individual who says that we should take example from Russia, guess what? WE DID!

Oh, and it was not an isolated incident. In fact, in the first 5 years, all of the walkouts involved the Russians.

Jan 21, 1950 - The United Nations has been severely shaken by the series of Russian walkouts, but its confidence in the future--a future including Russia--is still strong. Soviet Walkouts Rock UN,But Lie Sees Silver Lining.

ibid

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Does that make it right? Does that make what they did any less childish?

I think not.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Does that make it right? Does that make what they did any less childish?

Look, I could care less about the UN. In fact, that useless organization should be disbanded. It has done NOTHING to bring "Peace" to the world. It is corrupt beyond belief.
www.canadafreepress.com...

How Corrupt Is the United Nations?
Recent years have brought a cascade of scandals at the United Nations, of which the wholesale corruption of the Oil-for-Food relief program in Iraq has been only the most visible. We still do not know the full extent of these debacles–the more sensational ones include the disappearance of UN funds earmarked for tsunami relief in Indonesia and the exposure of a transnational network of pedophiliac rape by UN peacekeepers in Africa–and we may never know. What we do know is that an assortment of noble-sounding efforts has devolved into enterprises marked chiefly by abuse, self-dealing, and worse.

Read the entire link and educate yourself.
The US should walkout of the UN and keep on walking, then boot it's you-know-what to Iran, where your golden boy could make all the speeches he wants, and not worry about any walkouts, because in Iran, if you don't agree with him, you're executed:

Iran, With Opposition Protests Continuing, Executes More Prisoners

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I agree the UN is defective. But without an international stage - the world would function even worse, there would be less information coming out of countries of dissimilar culture, power and agenda, not to mention the world would be more divided than now (if that's even possible) and regional conflicts would run rampant.

The UN is here to stay, and its role and method of operation needs to be radically reinvented.

I dunno about you, but as a rationally minded citizen of this planet I value the opportunity to listen to what "my enemy" is saying before a unilateral decision is made on "my behalf" to bomb them back to the stone age.

America in particular is too insular.

Plus we'd miss great moments like these:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

UNITED NATIONS (May 3) -- The U.S. delegation walked out of a United Nations conference on nuclear nonproliferation during a speech by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in which he asserted Iran's right to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes and slammed Western powers, especially the U.S., for allowing Israel to maintain undeclared nuclear weapons.
"One of the gravest injustices committed by the nuclear weapon states is equating nuclear arms with nuclear energy," Ahmadinejad told...

The U.S. delegation = a bunch of hypocritical wankers

U.S. reveals it has 5,113 nuclear warheads
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Washington (CNN) -- The United States has 5,113 nuclear warheads in its stockpile and many thousands more that have been retired and are awaiting dismantling, according to a senior defense official.
The release of the number of warheads marks only the second time in U.S. history the government has released the once top secret information.
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 4-5-2010 by acrux]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Oh,but that's right, attacks on the USA and the UK are perfectly ok!
I wonder what would happen if I stated that I hope 3000 innocent Iranians would die in a terrorist attack?

There is just a few little changes in your statement to make it true.

Change Iran with (next-door neighbour) Iraq & 3,000 with inexcess of 90,000 to 1,000,000 since the 2003 USA terrorist invasion of Iraq.

So your statement reads as follows: I HOPE 90,000 TO 1,000,000 INNOCENT IRAQIS WOULD DIE IN A USA TERRORIST ATTACK/INVASION.

Guess what your wildest dreams came true.

U.S. Perpetuates Mass Killings In Iraq
www.projectcensored.org...

The United States is directly responsible for over one million Iraqi deaths since the invasion five and half years ago. In a January 2008 report, a British polling group Opinion Research Business (ORB) reports that, “survey work confirms our earlier estimate that over 1,000,000 Iraqi citizens have died as a result of the conflict which started in 2003…. We now estimate that the death toll between March 2003 and August 2007 is likely to have been of the order of 1,033,000. If one takes into account the margin of error associated with survey data of this nature then the estimated range is between 946,000 and 1,120,000”.

The ORB report comes on the heels of two earlier studies conducted by Johns Hopkins University published in the Lancet medical journal that confirmed the continuing numbers of mass deaths in Iraq. A study done by Dr. Les Roberts from January 1, 2002 to March 18 2003 put the civilian deaths at that time at over 100,000. A second study published in the Lancet in October 2006 documented over 650,000 civilian deaths in Iraq since the start of the US invasion. The 2006 study confirms that US aerial bombing in civilian neighborhoods caused over a third of these deaths and that over half the deaths are directly attributable to US forces.

The now estimated 1.2 million dead, as of July 2008, includes children, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, cab drivers, clerics, schoolteachers, factory workers, policemen, poets, healthcare workers, day care providers, construction workers, babysitters, musicians, bakers, restaurant workers and many more. All manner of ordinary people in Iraq have died because the United States decided to invade their country. These are deaths in excess of the normal civilian death rate under the prior government.

Casualties of the Iraq War
en.wikipedia.org...

Casualties of the conflict in Iraq since 2003 (beginning with the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and continuing with the ensuing occupation of Iraq coalition presence, as well as the activities of the various armed groups operating in the country) have come in many forms, and the accuracy of the information available on different types of Iraq War casualties varies greatly.

The table below summarizes some of the Iraqi casualty figures.

Source Iraqi casualties March 2003 to...
Iraq Family Health Survey 151,000 violent deaths. June 2006
Lancet survey 601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths. June 2006
Opinion Research Business survey 1,033,000 violent deaths as a result of the conflict. August 2007
Associated Press 110,600 violent deaths April 2009
Iraq Body Count 95,888 – 104,595 violent civilian deaths as a result of the conflict. April 2010

Horrific as 3,000 innocents in New York is horrific, it pales in to insignificance against what the USA perpurtrated against the 90,000 - 1,000,000 innocent Iraqis.

People would argue against the "ïnnocent" label on the Iraqis, but don't forget there is no evidence of a link between 911 & Iraq.

Bush administration on Iraq 9/11 link
news.bbc.co.uk...

US President George W Bush has explicitly stated for the first time that there is no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in the 11 September attacks.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by acrux]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Canslli

You took the words right out of my fingers! This saves me the time from writing the same post.

So put 1) and 2) together and you know that the US and the European countries are not any better or probably in fact worse as we can prove that they have done wrong, but we can't prove that Iran is in fact building nuclear weapons:

1) What about Israel?
2) They walked out of the meeting when the President of Iran was talking?

Yes, the truth hurts. If the West really wants to promote peace with Iran, then they would have stayed and listened.

Helas, all their only plan with no alternative is to bomb Iran anyway, so why should they listen? They all know that guy up there talking is just the next target of the West.

Another wicked leader who suppresses his people, but has done no harm to those who want to invade his country.

The world is full of wicked leaders, but does anyone go after them? Not if their country has nothing to offer. Iran is right in the middle of the Middle East, and is blocking the flow of gas and oil. Iran is a geostrategic pain in the rear, so they must be removed.

So sorry to say, more dead soldiers for no ultimate purpose but money and power.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by MightyAl]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

its not the inocent that should die its people like you should. then maybe the rest of us somewhat peacefull human beings can really start fixing the mess that crazy's like you leave us with. on the other hand with views like yours your probably a future world leader.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by belial259

What countries make this walk out?

USA, France and Canada? I have found... Was there some others?

I couldn't see them all. There was a lot leaving.

The only ones I know stayed for certain are the African Union. Their member was looking at everyone else aghast as they got up and left.

Is there a link to this video anywhere??

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Korea - Gulf... So related:

Iran invites North Korea's Kim to visit - official

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has invited North Korean's leader Kim Jong-il to visit the Islamic republic to further economic ties, a foreign ministry spokesman said on Tuesday.

"The invitation was made during a trip by the deputy foreign minister in charge of Asian and Oceanic affairs (Mohammad Ali Fatollahi)," foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast told reporters at a weekly press briefing in response to a question.

"We are hopeful the visit will take place to serve as a leap forward in cooperation between the two countries, particularly in the economic field," he added. He gave no more details.

in.reuters.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
To see bolton happy with the walkout just shows these people are not adults at the un. These people claim to be adults and they go around being happy to walkout like little children.

Nice advice there by bolten, shows how rubbish the un is, that it cannot accept its full of hypocrites, i.e the big players want all the toys.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

That the US governemnt, shamelessly supported by Blair, acted immorally and illegally against the Iraqi people is undeniable, I questioned whether this warranted the response he gave.

Don't know if you saw his posts before they were removed and action taken but they called for the extinction of ALL Americans and Israeli's.

The killing of innocent people is wrong regardless of who commits it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't know what these people have against Ahmadinejad?
Not that I like him too much even though he is muslim (shia), I am sunni. But I don't hate him.

I don't know of any "crimes" as mentioned by some here, that he has done, and by that I mean I don't know of any case that he has killed thousands, or bombed other countries, or invaded them etc., contrary to SOME countries.

So, the only reason I see here is that Israel is behind it, and they want to create their mythical Promised Land from mediterran to Iran, and as they said, their guide is the Bible ... so ...

Israel, or to be more precise, the Khazars, since 90% of todays "Jews" are in fact no Semitic Jews at all, is behind all this crap, controlling the World Banks, the corporations, everything.

They are working for Dajjal.

The funny thing there is this: Dajjal will be killed. So, they should better stop working for him now, before it's too late.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Here is his full speech.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Can you blame them? The Iran prez is a crazy with a big mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join