It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: U.S. should be punished for nuclear "threats"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Iran: U.S. should be punished for nuclear "threats"

news.yahoo.com

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) – Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called on Monday for states that threaten to use atomic weapons to be punished, a clear reference to a new U.S. nuclear strategy released last month.

Speaking at the start of a month-long meeting of the 189 signatories of the 1970 nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), he urged "considering any threat to use nuclear weapons or attack against peaceful nuclear facilities as a breach of international peace and security."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Such threats should face "swift reaction from the United Nations and termination of all cooperation of NPT member-states with the threatening aggressor state," Ahmadinejad said.

There's nothing wrong with this request
termination from all NPT member states is either harsh or I got used to tough talk.

It is an argument that has resonated well in the past with developing nations, which account for the majority of the signatories of the landmark arms control treaty. The NPT is intended to stop the spread of nuclear weapons and calls on those with atomic warheads to abandon them

This is true however
You can't argue here

You cant' expect developping nations to be sitting ducks sitting in the middle of nuclear superpowers and just accept such a dangerous position.

To accept that is to accept mobsterism on an international levlel

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So Iran purposed this, well then they start off by sanctioning some of their own people since all we hear from Iran is "When we get a nuke we will use it."

So start the sanctions...more legal time waste and B.S.

I can't wait to see a One World Gov. due to the oil spill....

Good find by the way

Edited to add a link to an ATS thread about Iran and their Nuclear threat.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
So Iran purposed this, well then they start off by sanctioning some of their own people since all we hear from Iran is "When we get a nuke we will use it."

Care to source that statement?

I've never heard them say such a thing.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

That's because they haven't and the poster is talking nonsense. And as for the OP, i really don't know how any one could possibly disagree with Ahmadinejad's statement....whether you like him or not what he is saying is plain old common sense.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sure, there are threads all over ATS, here is one with quotes and links.

North Korea makes the same claims.

Iran and Israel were mortal enemies until the Oil spill occurred. Israel is backed by the U.S. corporate Gov. whom are actually controlled by Israel.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You cant help but say that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has a point. ''Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone''.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Sounds like a great way for us to get out of the UN to me. Who cares, this all about 5 minutes on t.v. and a break from their countries....not like they're really doing anything. Wow, this coming from Iran, imagine that?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It is interesting to note however that he is upset about the threat of use, and makes no mention about actually using them....other than to say having them is 'shameful'. Which still doesn't mean they don't have them....

[edit on 3-5-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The only thing I can't think to say about Ahmedinejad is...

And it's not stemming from whether or not Iran's trying to pursue nuclear weapons... he plays on everyone's ignorance of annual defense department reports that have been in use for the better part of the last century to try and wag his finger at the Great Satan once more.

Here's a sample:

www.fas.org...

The above is one from years ago, but still, do you honestly think the position planners at the Pentagon play solitaire all day? Obama didn't exactly do anything new - he simply relayed a portion of the new NPR as it pertained to an annual defense department report, and nowhere in it did he expressly threaten anyone. Do countries like NK and Iran come up in such reports? Yes they do. So do the Russians, the Chinese, the Israelis - if I'm not mistaken, there was an annual DoD report done in the early 80s that dealt with a hypothetical invasion of Canada for some rediculous reason or another...

Ahmedinejad really needs to stop getting his panties in a wad all the time, sheesh...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
US tries and controls every single country and subject in this world

US is just a irresponsible kid throwing words around like they were the absolute truth

why cant developing countries study nuclear power?

well, US dont want to become 3rd world, thats the reality, but soon they will if they dont create some war or something similar

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Faiol]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

No they didn't.

He phrased the oft misquoted piece about Israel in the context of the dissolution of the USSR, no nukes used there no genocide no military attack, just a political settlement and the end of an unjust regime.

The above fact has been verified and quoted many times on this board alone so why do anti Iran war hawks constantly pretend they don't know what was really said.

I'm not calling the quotee a liar he may have been ignorant of the facts but still happy to push as fact something he didn't know was true.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
FIRST POST!

Well, it's the old tactic:

They wag their finger at him, he wags it back, they tell him to take care of his own business, he feels like he wins an argument.
That's what Hugo Chavez has been doing for years.

Is Ahmadinejad that crazy or does he have some sense after all?

Nuclear weapons REALLY should be gone, they are an almost imaginary war asset anyway. They were used as scare tactics for years and years.
And even if they were used as an act of war, the other nations would condemn those who used it and it would all eventually lead to self-destruction, which is always the least chosen option, even with the worst kind of terrorists.

Who had the guts to use such a weapon against a country after what the US did to Japan?
No one has, and after years of tension, we should all agree that the only thing that came out since that day with the mushroom cloud was fear and fodder for fiction writers.

However, the fact that they were used as scare tactics led to them being mass-produced during the weapons race, which also increases the chances of one of them falling in the wrong hands nowadays... So you gotta have more of them to retaliate in case they do, right?

It's a "dig your own grave" scenario, almost a deadly cycle of weapons manufacturing, but there are other ways to protect your home country.

Nuclear weapons are just overkill.

Anyway, glad to be posting after 2 years of lurking around.

Cheers

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Sure, there are threads all over ATS, here is one with quotes and links.

If you actually read the linked post, you'll see that it's a huge leap from what was actually said (according to the posting) to the interpretation that the OP created around it.

So far, I've only ever seen sensible quotes from the Iranian against war mongering attacks from the Clintonistas. The posturing against Iran would count as a war crime if it were any other country besides the US/Israel/UK/France/Germany consortium.

Why does anyone think that this same script used in the runup to the Iraq war will be any different this time? If we fire even one lethal shot against Iran (presuming that we haven't already!) we'll be collectively guilty of state-sponsored murder - again!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I had thought I saw a video of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president say something about nuclear weapons and threatening some place. I guess i was mistaken. Maybe it was just Nuclear power talk, which is still pretty dumb IMHO.

Anyways sorry for the Mis-take.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Why is nuclear power talk "dumb"? Are you saying Iran cannot strive for nuclear power even though they conform to all international laws in doing such? Iran has as much right to nuclear power as any other country, whether it be the US,Britain,France, India etc etc I honestly want an answer to why you think it is dumb...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Because Nuclear power is dirty and is unneeded.

There is plenty of Desert and sunshine so solar would be a great project for them.

Solar, hydrogen, and magnetic energies are the future, not nuclear.

Nuclear may be a long lasting power source, but it has unnecessary risks.

They can strive all they want for nuclear power, people will always do what they want.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The US already has good defenses to all nukes and technology that essentially makes nukes obsolete in a few years.

I would love to do as Iran says, and then reveal that we just have the next best thing.

The nuclear bomb is not a precision weapon. The US us suppose to be about precision. Lasers and resonance weapons are so much better.

Do it I say, so long we have the tech to replace it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Technically it was not a threat.. All we did was leave them off of a list. He is an angry little man. Wonder what he considers his "threats" to wipe isreal off the map!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Modern nuclear technology is not dirty. And as much as you may want, things like solar power cannot drive a rapidly growing country like Iran. Like most countries solar power could become a small percentage of overall power production, but that's it. America has plenty of desert and sunshine...why do you have nuclear power stations?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join