It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia Times: US military's robotic shuttle[X-37B] spooks Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Asia Times Online: US military's robotic shuttle spooks Iran

With the recent launching of the mysterious X-37B craft, It seems pretty reasonable that Iran is spooked. When the US and Israel are trying to whip up the world into sanctioning, and possibly attacking Iran, I would be scared too if this thing went up into orbit.

Searching for X-37B on ATS gives a couple recent hits, I recommend checking them out.

Some interesting bits of the Asia Times article:

"Regardless of its original intent, the most obvious and formidable is in service as a space fighter - a remotely piloted craft capable of disabling multiple satellites in orbit on a single mission and staying on orbit for months to engage newly orbited platforms," said Everett Dolman, professor at the School of Advanced Air and Space Studies at the Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base.

This information might help explain Iran's worries about the project. The Islamic Republic's space program is already fairly advanced, and the country has two satellites in orbit: Sinah-1, launched by Russia in 2005, and Omid, launched by a domestically-built rocket last year. Several other satellites and space missions are in the works.

A very informative article, suitable to the ATS crowd looking to Deny Ignorance.

Although, the author of the article really does think Iran is trying to make nuke bombs, I tend to disagree - especially since Ahmadinejad went to the UN to make his point yet again that they are warmongering superpowers with double standards:
RT: President Ahmadinejad lashes out at nuclear powers during UN summit

There is a video of his speech at the RT link.

Should Iran be spooked? What is the conspiracy behind the X-37B?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Any thoughts ATS?

Did the US just enter the world into a new phase of fear, and US dominance?

Or is it just a last ditch attempt to look like the dominant one?

Or is this X-37B going to be used to destroy satellites when the gov't gets pissed at someone?

The significance to Iran is largely over the debate as to whether they are actually developing nukes... which Russia, China, and Brazil doubt severely.

I'll take their side in the debate, as our gov't just lies too damn much about everything.

And Israel.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs

"Regardless of its original intent, the most obvious and formidable is in service as a space fighter - a remotely piloted craft capable of disabling multiple satellites in orbit on a single mission and staying on orbit for months to engage newly orbited platforms," said Everett Dolman, professor at the School of Advanced Air and Space Studies at the Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base.

A very informative article, suitable to the ATS crowd looking to Deny Ignorance.

What is the conspiracy behind the X-37B?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/351b8fc38bd5.jpg[/atsimg]
I don't know about the whole "Space Fighter" bit. If you look at the vehicle it has a cargo bay 'Experiment Bay' I like to try to connect the dots. I wonder how many of these it can carry and deploy?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
Asia Times Online: US military's robotic shuttle spooks Iran

With the recent launching of the mysterious X-37B craft, It seems pretty reasonable that Iran is spooked. When the US and Israel are trying to whip up the world into sanctioning, and possibly attacking Iran, I would be scared too if this thing went up into orbit.

Searching for X-37B on ATS gives a couple recent hits, I recommend checking them out.

This information might help explain Iran's worries about the project. The Islamic Republic's space program is already fairly advanced, and the country has two satellites in orbit: Sinah-1, launched by Russia in 2005, and Omid, launched by a domestically-built rocket last year. Several other satellites and space missions are in the works.

Although, the author of the article really does think Iran is trying to make nuke bombs, I tend to disagree - especially since Ahmadinejad went to the UN to make his point yet again that they are warmongering superpowers with double standards:
RT: President Ahmadinejad lashes out at nuclear powers during UN summit

There is a video of his speech at the RT link.

Should Iran be spooked? What is the conspiracy behind the X-37B?

And this is going to scare Iran how??? srsly the country has like 2 satellites And unless that thing has a couple 500 lb smart bombs (for ground attack DERP DERP) attatched to it i fail to see how it's going to make a difference. As Iran has won wars without satellites before.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for the schematic and vids. I am not on internet that is YT friendly right now, I will be watching them when I get home thanks for posting.

Iran probably suspects nukes to be utilized in that 'experiment bay', although I think the bay is relatively small? The whole craft is only so big...

But they are probably not worried about this particular one that was launched, but future models of the craft.

In regards to diplomatic military 'leveraging' space-based nukes are a step up on the rest of the world as the article talks about.

@rationaluser:

Yeah, they probably shouldn't be scared but that doesn't mean they aren't thinking about this in another way, like future models of this technology. Thanks for the reply.

Interesting to note about the whole Iran-war-sanctions situation:
Ahmadinejad Prompts UN Walkout

So much for diplomacy

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow, that is really something. Just saw those videos, those are cool little guys.

So they are missile interceptors? A counter weapon?

Like they would be dropped from the X-37B and then operate on their own to track the 'heat source' or the missile?

Really cool.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If anybody remembers the poster AstroEngineer from a few weeks back, who unfortunately was blown away by the membership and staff here... I'm still waiting to here what the mods plan to do for future whistleblowers. I started a thread asking how we can prevent blowing away genuine information.. it got kidnapped by the mods and I have not heard since... But anyways his blog, which he has been updating frequently with more interesting information that further lends to his credibility.

A recent post he talks about what he thinks the X-37B is for:

Few seem to realize what I am convinced is the X-37B’s true purpose. The X-37B is the first of a sortie of Prompt Global Strike (PGS) vehicles to be placed in orbit. PGS brings all the benefits of a nuclear option without the horrific nuclear consequences. PGS can rain devastating conventional destruction anywhere within only minutes, wholly unannounced and unassailable. Other PGS vehicles are being developed and they will carry warheads larger than the 500 lb guided bomb the X-37B can deliver, but those ground launched systems would take considerably longer to deliver their ordinance. I believe the USAF already has quite a few X-37Bs built and they merely needed to publicly announce and deploy one so that they could plausibly deny the existence of the others.

His blog here: The Real Mission of the X-37B

new topics

top topics

join