It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploding Manholes Rock NY Times Building Manhattan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Exploding Manholes Rock NY Times Building Manhattan

www.huffingtonpost.com

Just two days after Times Square was shut down due to a failed car bomb attack, two manholes have exploded in Midtown Manhattan.
According to the New York Times , flames shot three stories into the air on West 40th Street after a manhole exploded, while another cover blew off.
Following the explosion, which occurred in front of the New York Times building, a firefighter reportedly yelled: "It's not Disneyland, people. Get the hell out of the way."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What's going on? No further details are known but this seems crazy. Could this be just a gas leak or is something more sinister happening?

Days after the failed bomb attack on Manhattan this could be another attempt to rock NY back into a heightened state of alert. It is remarkable, to say the least that it is again a Media related building that is the target, if this is an terrorist attack.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Who cares the DOW is up 140 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There could be a war going on right outside on WallStreet and the market would be going up. LMAO!

link   

Following the explosion, which occurred in front of the New York Times building, a firefighter reportedly yelled: "It's not Disneyland, people. Get the hell out of the way."

I love the New York attitude. They can have manhole covers and car bombs exploding around them but they still keep their charm.

The article says no word on the cause but this looks like a gas leak of some kind to me.

link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Who cares the DOW is up 140 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There could be a war going on right outside on WallStreet and the market would be going up. LMAO!

That's what concerns me...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
As a resident of Queens NY there have been a more few occasions within the past 5 years where the manholes exploded. they even have a few on youtube this happens at least 2-3 times a year.. lmao for some reason i feel as if they are just trying to get everyone paranoid.. Wont work on me tho..
My Eyes Are Wide Open, And I Will Not Be Intimidated!

Man Hole Explosion 1

Manhole Explosion 2

manhole explosion 3

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Wide Awake R U]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There are the reports of the Pakistani Taliban leader resurfacing with reports of attacks on American cities, and taking credit for the smoky SUV in NY. Now a manhole cover! Woohoo! These terrorists mean business these days!

So, one of their own guys blew up his own crotch and annoyed a plane full of people. A few days ago, one buys some stuff at his local Ace Hardware puts it in an SUV without taking the time to mix any of it, or check to see if they got the explosive version, and ultimately built a giant smoke bomb. Now they "may" have blown up some manhole covers.

I think we have the 9th grade ornery midwestern boy version of terrorists now? I pulled off all of these stunts before I was in highschool! Exploding toilets, a little creative fishing experiments, stump removal, and lots of other more destructive things that I shouldn't take credit for. Terrorism=no. Pranks=yes.

If, some misguided terrorist thinks this is scary, then the quality of terrorism is pretty sad these days! And to think, they actually took credit for these things?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ironically just as the Iranian President makes his speech on how the US is framing other countries by using false-flag ops as a excuse to go to war, A WhiteHouse spokesman says this attempted car-bombing is a "international plot", ManHole covers get blown off in a apparent Gas-Explosion, and a Oil-Tanker has reported to exploded in the Strait of Malacca.
The US desperately wants the public to believes this was Al Qaeda for their invasion plans into Iran.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide Awake R U

That's the spirit! There is nothing more on it, so it might be nothing more than a gas leak. I thought the location and the manhole cover being blown three stories high was remarkable though.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
well a few different scenarios cross my mind
with this one.

First, it could just be a gas leak or accident (most likely)

Second, it could be a computer system hack
to re-route gas to pipes not in use. Cyber war
probe and test. (unlikely)

Third, it may have been an underground bomb,
however unlikely it may be, this type of attack
would not amount to many casualties but meant
as component of fear. (highly improbable)

What is unusual is that the whole purpose of a manhole
is to have a shut-off valve for pipes. Why would this leak
involve 2 different manholes unless it was multiple leaks.
And a gas leak most times, need a spark to ignite.

Another note, article stated that last month there was
another incident like this where a manhole exploded.
I would def consider this an accident due to old, poor or faulty
equipment.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Are you kidding me?

The Car Bomb situation makes this highly unlikely to be an "accident"...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Are you kidding me?

The Car Bomb situation makes this highly unlikely to be an "accident"...

But you have to take into consideration that these manholes explode on what it seems like a regular so i doubt its used as a form of terrorism unless its by the govt to get everybody paranoid and off the real issues such as the speech today as was previously mentioned.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Wide Awake R U]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide Awake R U
unless its by the govt to get everybody paranoid and off the real issues such as the speech today as was previously mentioned.

Fair enough...which begs the question, why are there people distracting from the real issues?

And who pays them?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Was there a bag of burning dog crap left in front of the building too?

9th grade terrorism I love it !

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Its hard to not be paranoid when so many many things are going off around us. I know these things, natural and man-made always happen, but there is no denying they have increased in frequency and severity.

Maybe the HAARP technology is real. Maybe the wrath of god really is upon us. Maybe its just a natural cycle. But funny how a natural cycle would coincide with us reaching this level we are at now isnt it?

I dont think this event should be taken lightly. It could be natural, but things certainly seem crazy nature wise.

It could be terrorism (false flag or otherwise), and with the failed car bomb, things certainly have the potential to get crazy war wise.

It could be down to faulty/old infrastructure, and that shows signs of a nation in decay to me.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240" and a Oil-Tanker has reported to exploded in the Strait of Malacca.

You serious?

Ive come up with something else too

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Guys, relax.

I used to live at 37th and 8th, a few streets away and it's not such an uncommon thing for manholes to go up. Especially when it's hot and near the subway, which is the case of the NY Times Building, right across a subway station located under Port Authority.

Don't let a smoke grenade make you afraid of a firecracker.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Anyone seen Volcano? Day After Tomorow?
Things are speeding up here i actually think that mother earth is not very impressed at the moment?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join