It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea Torpedo Oil Rig In US Gulf?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm not saying North Korea torpedoed the oil rig, but just some food for thought. If anybody is doubting that a submarine could get past the naval fleet that is plentiful in that region. North Korea would probably have a diesel powered sub, and if anybody ever saw "Down Periscope", most US Navy ship don't really listen for diesel engines, and it could sneak by with obsolete technology on their side. Not saying it did. But it is possible.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
while I would like to say that regardless of the validity of this concept, It can't be a bad thing.
Why

It actually challenges all to either accept / reject the idea...and while we may never know the real reason..as we never know the true reason of many things.
Even the the most simplest thing that happen in our communities as they come with face saving pubic relation spin on it.

Atleast this and similar proposals, (unless they are pure propaganda or complicit stupidity) allow for the possibility of individuals to question some aspects of our media, governments and not accept every once of retric that is designed to bend our perception and attitudes...

Again I state I am not endorsing or dismissing just hopefully some to think about.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Has a Sorcha story ever been true? Has this person ever said a single truth? Sorcha is synonymous with hoax. If this person claims something happened, you can pretty much guarantee that it didn't happen.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
When I first saw this story here the first thing I thought about was how now we will have to "bail out" the oil industry, fishing, tourism, etc." in the gulf and fund some extreme security system just in case our off shore drilling sites are now sites of "terrorism". I think when they sent the SWAT teams down there they were working the terror angle of the story.
I think this oil spill is going to be a terrible tragedy for the Gulf of Mexico and I am concerned about the short and long term effects on the wild life, energy industry, fishing industry, and the economies of the Gulf States.
I hope this was an accident. However, one thing I find interesting is that the rig was being converted to a production platform, does this mean they were finished drilling and was the platform actively drilling when the accident happened. I also wonder if the rumor about Goldman SX shorting the market on the day before platform went down is true?
Sadly, while everyone looks to find out what really happened, thousands of gallons of oil are spilling into the ocean each day. I pray someone can find a solution to stop the oil spill quickly.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Offshore natural gas platform sinks off Venezuela

CARACAS, Venezuela – The Venezuelan governnment says an offshore natural gas platform has sunk into the sea, and 95 workers have been safely rescued.
news.yahoo.com...

Being talked about here also:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join