It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin promotes offshore drilling in the middle of oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

As an oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico grows larger by the hour, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin continues to stick to "drill, baby, drill."

In a 30-minute speech to a Republican crowd in Kansas City Saturday, the onetime Republican vice presidential nominee dubbed the gulf spill "very tragic" but added: “I want our country to be able to trust the oil industry.”

Writing in the Kansas City Star, reporter Steve Kraske summed up her remarks as, "She said the U.S. must wean itself from foreign oil in order to be truly free."

“We’ve got to tap domestically because energy security will be the key to our prosperity,” Palin remarked.

There were lots of “we gottas,” religious references, praise for the troops and even a trademark Palin growl or two as she outlined a conservative vision for the country that adheres, in her view, far more closely to the Constitution.

“We believe that God shed his grace on thee,” she said. “We still believe that America is exceptional.”

In response to a question from local radio talk show host Chris Stigall about her political plans, Palin punted. Although she has hinted in recent months that she is considering a 2012 run for the White House, Palin on Saturday joked that she might run next for a PTA position when her son, Trig, starts school.

rawstory.com...

She really has no clue about much of anything does she? And the sad thing is, more and more people seem to be buying into her inherent cluelessness every day.

If this wasn't an inside job..the oil spill I mean, it wasn't supposed to happen.
But it did. And now we need to find out how it happened and what to do to prevent it from happening again before just randomly drilling more holes into the earth.

The problem isn't the US's dependency on foreign oil.The problem is the US's dependency on oil in general....

Edit to insert link I forgot again....

[edit on 3-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
She is an idiot plain and simple. Other than a governor who couldn't even finish out her term she has zero political experience, and her educational background has zero to do with politics, science, history, etc. But in this day and age when your average American is an idiot.......it's no wonder she has such a large following. There is no such thing as "trusting" the oil industry. But what do you expect considering her husband worked for BP.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think the big dependency is the dependency of Republicans on Big Oil companies. Palin really considers her people idiots to speak like this in the face of this disaster. Who cares about the enviornment or food supplies or even just upsetting the natural balance and what that could cause down the line when we have Muslims with oil to hate against. The woman is a pariah and I thank God everyday that she is too stupid to actually ever get anywhere to hurt the big picture.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The woman still wakes up every morning, and waves to her friends in Russia.

She is an idiot.

At this time, calls for fail-safe drilling should be the tune. Not this woman,

it wouldn't surprise me that the Dems are her biggest financial supporter,

she still reading that quote off her hand " drill, baby drill".

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

“I want our country to be able to trust the oil industry.”
Palin remarked.

well that statement alone is gonna cost her an election.
Irrational leaders without critical thinking skills have
no place in politics.

And I'll bet she gets millions of dollars in campaign
funds from big oil. Just another puppet.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It was no secret that she was a complete and total tool but, this pretty much clinches it.. I despise both parties and their agendas equally but, this is completely ridiculous..

Here's an idea Sarah, go take a dip in the Gulf right now and see how you like washing on shore covered in oil while I stand in sand yelling DRILL, BABY DRILL!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Palin, does not cease to amaze me with her rhetoric.

Promoting off shore oil drilling All along the while we have a oil drilling catastophy out in the gulf, that is going to iminatley effect our way of life.. Due to ahem, Off shore oil drilling..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I like nothing at all about Palin.

But I don't see what the problem is with the incentive to drill for oil offshore. Yes, we are in the midst of a huge offshore oil catastrophe, but by and large offshore drilling is a relatively safe industrial venture. Even Obama recently pushed forward with proposals of offshore drilling.

As I said, I truly dislike Palin but a story like this seems like another trite, cheap shot jab.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

My major problem is with pushing this outdated and obviously dangerous method of energy when in light of this incident, they should be pushing for NEW and SAFE alternatives...

It shows their true color and that color is the green of money...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012
My major problem is with pushing this outdated and obviously dangerous method of energy when in light of this incident, they should be pushing for NEW and SAFE alternatives...

It shows their true color and that color is the green of money...

Well, until someone can discover another substance with the power return of diesel and gasoline and other petroleum dilstillates... AND finds another way to lubricate machinery, it's unlikely that we can do anything other than tap the resources available to us.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Well, that is an unresolvable difference in philosophy between us.. I'm am of the belief that there most certainly are other known alternatives of energy production.

I guess it's all about what you believe.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I want our country to be able to trust the oil industry.

She was so close to the truth, she should have said; "I want our country to be able to trust the oil industry that I'm representing."

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It really says alot about the state of American politics when people even think twice about Sarah Palin in any area of politics...never mind the President! I guess im just scared of her as some conservatives would say. Anyway, of course oil will be needed for decades to come whether we like it or not, for the now we are utterly dependent on the stuff and that will take a long, long time to reverse.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

If Gov. Quitter had a clue, she would know that there are not enough oil reserves to be extracted from the U.S. and it's waters.

It's past time for our government to launch a comprehensive national energy policy designed to wean our nation off of fossil fuel use; and promoted with the same urgency and importance as the the moon program was.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012

Well, that is an unresolvable difference in philosophy between us.. I'm am of the belief that there most certainly are other known alternatives of energy production.

I guess it's all about what you believe.

I don't think we have "unresolvable differences in philosophy". I am entirely in favor of using different energy sources. If you beleve there are alternate sources of energy that provide the returns of petroleum distillates please let us know what they are. The "bloom box" is the greatest advancement I've seen in years but even it requires natural gas. Until some other source of power is discovered, what else can we do except tap our resources?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The truth seeps out even more forcefully than the oil.

Open your ears and hear, open your eyes and see.

You will know where people stand and who you want to stand with.

new topics

top topics

join