It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan River, Site of Jesus' Baptism, Could Dry Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The once mighty Jordan River, where Christians believe Jesus was baptized, is now little more than a polluted stream that could die next year unless the decay is halted, environmentalists said on Monday.

The famed river "has been reduced to a trickle south of the Sea of Galilee, devastated by overexploitation, pollution and lack of regional management," Friends of the Earth, Middle East (FoEME) said in a report.

More than 98 percent of the river's flow has been diverted by Israel, Syria and Jordan over the years.

"The remaining flow consists primarily of sewage, fish pond water, agricultural run-off and saline water," the environmentalists from Israel, Jordan and the West Bank said in the report to be presented in Amman on Monday.
"Without concrete action, the LJR (lower Jordan River) is expected to run dry at the end of 2011."

Continued story at link
Source

Wow, this is quite interesting. Would it be ironic if this river dried up. What difference do you think it would make, if any?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i was reading in the scripture where it prophesied the Jordan to run dry. just thinking out loud....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
i was reading in the scripture where it prophesied the Jordan to run dry. just thinking out loud....

Yea...isn't that in Revelations some where?
Sure seems like it's all coming to a ....conclusion. Doesn't it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind seeing a revelation scripture verse in here to start the debate within this thread. I would, but i'm doing college homework

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY

I haven't found anything about the Jordan River drying up (in the future). Are you thinking of the Euphrates?

And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates ; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. Rev 16:12 KJV

JESUS|YESHUA|SON < YHWH|YAHWEH|FATHER > CREATOR|KING|SAVIOUR

top topics

join